Buffalo Bills Uniform Concept

Nick in England

To be honest, if you are going for a modernization, I'd advise you eliminate the striped socks. While I understand your goal, today's players just don't like wearing striped socks, hence why the Colts don't currently wear them, despite keeping the grey facemask and black cleats of the old uniforms. The 49ers players also opted not to wear striped socks when their new uniforms were being designed. The closest you'll get to striped socks today are the ones like the Lions, Bills, and Broncos currently sport.

Also, it seems like with every modernized uni, teams are adding collar wordmarks. While they annoy many traditionalists, adding an non-descript collar wordmark would be staying true to form in terms of a modernization.

Fair points. BUT, I'm not adding a wordmark - it looks stupid. I'm also not going to abandon striped socks. Whether players like them or not, They are here to stay.

Just a point about the under-collar wordmark - it's more than just a design consideration. I think that you see teams like the Browns and Redskins adding them because they don't have any logos or trademarked marks anywhere else on their jerseys, so it would be pretty easy for a counterfeiter to just make a plain jersey with some stripes and pass it off as a real one. By putting a logo patch or a wordmark on it, it makes it less likely that a person would buy one of these plain knock-offs, and it would add legal consequences to the maker of said knock-offs if he or she illegally reproduced the wordmark or logo.

Right now, off the top of my head, the Cowboys are the only team that doesn't have some kind of TMd mark on their jerseys, and even they experimented with it a few years ago. NFL Properties would be hard pressed to approve any re-design that didn't include one of these marks.

Weren't the Cowboys the first team to sport their logo type under the NFL shield at the collar? I seem to remember them having it there during the 90's. Did they remove it or something? Being a 9ers fan I can honestly say I dont spend a great deal of time checking or even really caring what the Cowboys do with their uni's but I'd be surprised to find they've ditched something they were pioneers of years ago.

9erssteve

I believe that the first team to do it was the Patriots back in the third iteration of the royal-blue Flying Elvis jerseys - the ones with the italicized numbers and giant logos on the shoulders.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is MUCH! better. Just a suggestion. In the template put the numbers in front of the mesh so that it doesnt look like the numbers are screen print or something (but thats not such a big deal). Switch the NFL Equipment logo and Reebok logo in pants placement (again not such a big deal) Also put the reebok logo on the jerseys.

This is much better than the first one.

RockiesSig.png

They still suck

Normally I'd think you're a jackass, but seeing as you are a Lions' fan...I'm assuming you are an expert in suck, and know what you are talking about.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

They still suck

Normally I'd think you're a jackass, but seeing as you are a Lions' fan...I'm assuming you are an expert in suck, and know what you are talking about.

I'm the jackass woman I guess.

Detroit had the greatest RB of ALL THE TIME'S (Barry Sanders)

Stafford and the Lions will trample over the Bills and win the Superbowl next year. and I will eat these designs and throw them up cause they look ugly.

I'm not much of a artist. but I know cars

boo yah

It might be my eyes - but is there a colour discrepancy between the two helmets? I have checked and chacked again - but there is nothing in the original file to explain why there might be a difference. The shading layer, layer effects and pantone are identical for both lids, but they seem to appear different colours on my monitor at home and here at work...

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

It might be my eyes - but is there a colour discrepancy between the two helmets? I have checked and chacked again - but there is nothing in the original file to explain why there might be a difference. The shading layer, layer effects and pantone are identical for both lids, but they seem to appear different colours on my monitor at home and here at work...

I'm pretty sure their the same color but look different because of the contrast of blue and red vs. blue and white per se.

Oh, and let's see here...

Personally, I don't think so. All's he really did was break off big gains on some plays and get tackled for losses on others. I don't see how that gives you motive to shoot down a Bills concept, unless there's some Buffalo-Detroit feud I'm unaware of.

Stafford and the Lions will trample over the Bills and win the Superbowl next year. and I will eat these designs and throw them up cause they look ugly.

Ok, I'm not too sure what Detroit Lions team you've been keeping tabs on here, but if I recall, Detroits' coming 2 seasons off from a zero, count it, ZERO win season. And last year they managed, what, 3-4 wins? I'm not following your logic, is there some HUGE deal Detroits' got going on here that makes you think that they're gonna pull of a SuperBowl season?

Dude, give him the credit for atleast attempting a decent concept here. I know you've only been around for a day, but as you said:

I'm not much of a artist.

So, if you can't do any better, let alone attempt a concept, quit jumping on others because their's "sucks".

Personally, I don't think so. All's he really did was break off big gains on some plays and get tackled for losses on others. I don't see how that gives you motive to shoot down a Bills concept, unless there's some Buffalo-Detroit feud I'm unaware of.

Ok, I'm not too sure what Detroit Lions team you've been keeping tabs on here, but if I recall, Detroits' coming 2 seasons off from a zero, count it, ZERO win season. And last year they managed, what, 3-4 wins? I'm not following your logic, is there some HUGE deal Detroits' got going on here that makes you think that they're gonna pull of a SuperBowl season?

Dude, give him the credit for atleast attempting a decent concept here. I know you've only been around for a day, but as you said:

So, if you can't do any better, let alone attempt a concept, quit jumping on others because their's "sucks".

Leave it... It's probably the fued generated by all those pre-season games. Bills/Lions always play in preseason... It's a fierce rivalry...

[/sarcasm]

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

Leave it... It's probably the fued generated by all those pre-season games. Bills/Lions always play in preseason... It's a fierce rivalry...

[/sarcasm]

I will give Nick credit for attempting. I don't personally like it. but it's a good try. But the reason I have been a jerk is I just got a divorce from my husband (he cheated on me with a 18 year old) so I was a little mad and lashed it out on Nick,

it's not that it sucks Nick. I just don't personally like it

oh and don't blame me for being a Lion's fan. I grew up around the Lion's born and raised in Detriot. I know my Superbowl hopes are so False Hope

[/sarcasm]

I will give Nick credit for attempting. I don't personally like it. but it's a good try. But the reason I have been a jerk is I just got a divorce from my husband (he cheated on me with a 18 year old) so I was a little mad and lashed it out on Nick,

it's not that it sucks Nick. I just don't personally like it

oh and don't blame me for being a Lion's fan. I grew up around the Lion's born and raised in Detriot. I know my Superbowl hopes are so False Hope

this has to be, without a doubt, the greatest thread I've ever seen on here.... and I do like the unis too

* withdrawn. Just in case "she" is being honest, this was harsh even by my cold-blooded standards*

I'll leave the part about enjoying sweet perky 18-year-old cans though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived