ALDS/World Series 2010 Logo

MikeJones

Best part of the World Series logo is "The Fall Classic" banner. I hope it appears on EVERY WS logo. The other thing i would like to see is on the All-Star logos... something like "The Mid-Summer Classic." I love those 2 pieces of baseball identity.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

• 3 weeks later...

I love it. "The Fall Classic" makes it perfect. It should be on every WS logo. I also think "Mid-Summer Classic" should be on every All-Star game logo. I love those two nicknames. I think it really makes them unique.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

You said that already.

I don't like "Fall Classic" spelled out. Baseball jargon is part of the sport's charm, that there are nicknames and nicknames for nicknames that aren't officially "out there," so to speak. It would be like having a Yankees logo that said "the Bronx Bombers," or a TV graphic that listed players' positions as "hot corner" or "keystone." Aesthetically, it's clutter and the fonts don't match.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You said that already.

I don't like "Fall Classic" spelled out. Baseball jargon is part of the sport's charm, that there are nicknames and nicknames for nicknames that aren't officially "out there," so to speak. It would be like having a Yankees logo that said "the Bronx Bombers," or a TV graphic that listed players' positions as "hot corner" or "keystone." Aesthetically, it's clutter and the fonts don't match.

I actually like it because that's how most team names got started; people in the press popularized team nicknames and now all teams come pre-named, rather than anything based on the character of the team.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

You said that already.

I actually like it because that's how most team names got started; people in the press popularized team nicknames and now all teams come pre-named, rather than anything based on the character of the team.

Right, which further validates Admiral's point. Those kind of nicknames are cool because they're "ours" as fans that we choose to use, as opposed to "theirs" that we have to use. As I've said with every expansion discussion, while it's completely impractical and will never happen, it'd be cool if the teams just started sans nickname, and just let it evolve.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived