Brooklyn Nets **UPDATE**

fishheatcats

I love the color scheme. I've been trying to think of a good one for the Nets myself. There are a couple small things that I think would improve this:

? The B logo could use some work. Maybe put the three stars in the stem of it.

? I think one of the jerseys should say BROOKLYN. My preference would be the alt.

? I agree about the e in Nets. It could be a little curvier.

There's my two cents. I hope that helps. Good stuff!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update time!

Made a few tweaks: modified the "e" in Nets slightly to make it a bit curvier, also dropped out the white behind the script to show the basketball better. I left the alternate logos the same, I liked the way they looked on the unis too much to change them. Most notably I added a "Brooklyn" script based off the "B" for the road uniform, I like it but it's giving me a serious Kansas vibe on the blue.

Also I added a version with red as an accent color. I prefer the version without red, I think it gives the Nets a new identity moving forward, separating the new Brooklyn era from the Meadowlands era.

brooklynv2.jpg

brooklynv3.jpg

I think the addition of red really makes this thing pop, but now that I look at it, there's too many similarities that make it look like the Clippers.

Yes. I know red white and blue is traditional for the team but it makes it look like the Clippers and rebrand of the 76ers logo. Maybe another color besides red.

I'm not feeling the Brooklyn script (along with the B in ball), just looks out of place to me. If it was the same as the Nets script, I think it would look awesome. But i like everything else about it, like the Nets script and the primary. I also like it with just the blue and gray.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

I liked this update before, and now that you've brought the red back into it, I love it. I like that you put "BROOKLYN" on the aways, I'm just not crazy about the font, it seems to "skiny". I think it would look much better if you put the "BROOKLYN" from the primary on the aways.

Looks really nice. I kind of wish they'd wear blue at home and use the white on the road, but it seems that most NBA teams not called the Lakers like to wear white at home.

They don't necessarily like to, they're mandated to. The Lakers got grandfathered in, but the Pacers and Hornets didn't.

the red really looks nice. nice addition. not sure why you have James on there though... He def isn't playing with the Nets next year.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

I'd go without red (or even less than you have here - maybe just the vertical piping on the jersey/shorts) and with the Nets wordmark on the blue jersey. It's too good to be replaced by that Brooklyn text. Besides, while a few teams do switch nickname and city on their jerseys, I'm not sure that any have totally different designs for the two. Put the Brooklyn on the alt if necessary.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's pretty good, but I cannot overcome the simple fact that the inherent elision of "Brooklyn Nets" yields the effeminate "Brooklynettes." Like an old Phil Spector girl group. Suzie Lehman and the Brooklynettes, famous for their 1963 hit "Yeah Well Right Back Atcha." It's a bad name, and I don't care what Jay-Z thinks. Go write another crappy song about being a successful businessman who does not have sentimental attachments to women, you songwriting genius, you.

In and of itself, the concept is pretty good, though the Brooklyn script is a little too thin and weak. I like the secondary logo with the B and the two stars, and the home script is pleasantly ABA-esque. I get that you're going for Dodger nostalgia on the third try, but it's really time we all let go.

while a few teams do switch nickname and city on their jerseys, I'm not sure that any have totally different designs for the two.

Well actually, until this season, the Nets were one. Weird ugly nickname, plain arched block for location (though actually their location itself is a little weird and ugly, am I right). The Sacramento Kings' wordmarks are fairly divergent (and backward).

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

i really like this so far, but i would like to see a little more continuity between the logos and wordmarks. In the B, you have 2 stars, in the Nets script, you have 3 stars. In the B logo, one star is red, the other blue. I guess i would like to see some more continuity.

The BROOKLYN on the front i think needs to be thicker. the letters look a little bit thin. Not sure how it would look on court. Maybe incorporate the stars into the O's of Brooklyn. I don't know... i just kinda like seeing the continuity... thats all.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

This is full of so much win. The only complaints I have would be:

1) Ditch the red

2) Consider capitalizing the "n" in "nets"

Don't do that. The lowercase n connectes to the ets way better than a capital N would. If it was a longer word with more graceful connections, then yeah - capitalize it. But this 4 letter word looks better with everything joined.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Time for me to chime in on this one. I'm loving the overall look, in particular the "nets" script. The jersey style is simple, and a little bland, but it does the job to balance the "fancy" wordmark. Still, I feel like it could use some jazzing up, just to give it some visual interest. Now, on the roadies, I'm not really feeling the Brooklyn wordmark. First of all, it's pretty thin, and contrasts sharply with the number font. Second, it's like you've got two identities going on; one with the primary logo and home and alternate scripts, and one with the Dodgers-style B logo and the Brooklyn script. I'd recommend going with either one or the other; I'd choose the Nets one. It'd be a totally unique look in the NBA, and really looks pretty classy. Still, nice job on the whole thing. Great concept, and great execution.

scotland_fifasig.png

Archived