UNC Basketball

Jamikel

There actually is navy blue trim around the letters and numbers, but the rest just looks like dark grey trim.

I do actually really like this uniform; but it's nothing I wanna see UNC wear ever again.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I'm sitting here tryna figure this one out myself.

I seriously don't think there's an ounce of either blue anywhere on those uniforms...I think what we're seeing is Nike's "elite" silver, with reflective--or "duct tape"--silver scripts/NOBs/numbers, and charcoal trim. (Makes sense that it would be charcoal, considering that charcoal helmet someone posted in this thread a little while back.) All to which I must ask...why???

(With all these crazy gimmicks, at what point does one ask "do the players represent the school...or does the school represent Nike"?)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

All to which I must ask...why???

They're apparently honoring the 25th (silver) anniversary of Air Jordans.

But even if you put aside the blatant corporate whoredom, they could have done this so much better. Just take the normal home uniforms and replace white with silver. They wouldn't even be the first UNC team to complement Carolina blue with silver. Our football team has worn silver helmets and pants in the past, and our women's basketball team currently has silver trim on their uniforms.

I think it's Nike's way of pushing a navy alternate onto us. When they introduce them and people complain, they can just compare them to these and say that at least the navy ones include Carolina blue.

At least UNC looked good while they were playing horrible before this. These would have looked better if there was blue outlines on the numbers and blue names. Maybe Carolina blue side panels would have looked better too.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived