Windmill Personal Logo

Windmill360

I've been brainstorming ideas for a personal logo the past few weeks and here's something I came up with. I had the idea on paper and tried to duplicate it by messing with fonts and the transform tools in photoshop.

Windmill360Logocopy.jpg?t=1267151495

I tried as best as I could to incorporate "W" for Wind and "M" for Mill and "360" and I wanted it to be a free flowing type logo where it's not bound by specific shapes, however I would like to surround the mark with something but I'm not sure what yet.

C+C appreciated.

Yeah... i can see the W, but it's a stretch. the M... i dunno maybe... if i ignore some of the lines. I can't see the 360 anywhere... i see JoD.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

here's a little help:

windmill360logohiddensc.jpg

and yes I realize that if I have to demonstrate this then the design might need a lot more work. I did want it to be a little subtle though.

About using an actual windmill: I thought about that too and would love to create something along those lines just not sure how to start it either and also the reason I don't want to go in that direction is because the name actually comes from a basketball move, not an actual windmill.

I might just branch off from the "W" if it gets too complicated.

yeah, it just doesn't work. Even with the color illustration, there is no 3 in there. It looks like JoD before anything.

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

It has developed well. It reminds me a lot of the Mazda logo.

the W is now clear. For the M in negative space... the middle bar (not sure what to call it), i would stylize it much the way you did the legs on the W. I wouldn't make it so boxy. Have a little flavor to it.

newwindmilllogocopy.jpg

Updated it. Just the "W" this time with "M" in negative space. I'll add some colors and other stuff in later. It's really hard to come up with a windmill design that actually looks cool.

That looks nice.

I think that if you take the two parallel lines in the center and angle them away from each other at the top a bit your negative space M will become more apparent.

Also, what about adding just the blades of a windmill in the space created by the upsidedown "V" of the "W" with a simple "360" under that?

EDIT: Done quickly and roughly, but this is what I had in mind.

WM.png

newwindmilllogocopy.jpg

Updated it. Just the "W" this time with "M" in negative space. I'll add some colors and other stuff in later. It's really hard to come up with a windmill design that actually looks cool.

That looks nice.

I think that if you take the two parallel lines in the center and angle them away from each other at the top a bit your negative space M will become more apparent.

Also, what about adding just the blades of a windmill in the space created by the upsidedown "V" of the "W" with a simple "360" under that?

EDIT: Done quickly and roughly, but this is what I had in mind.

WM.png

Thanks. I like the widening of the bars at the bottom. I want to keep it a little more simpler than the 360 and the blades though.

wmlogo2.pngwmlogo.png with or without the circle?

Archived