Saskatchewan Mounties Identity Package

nitroseed

Something seems off to me with having the leaf behind the mountie's head. Makes the logo needlessly tall, IMO. However, if you move the leaf down, it would look like the guy has this spire shooting out of his head. Maybe if the leaf were made smaller and offset a little to the left(our left, not the mountie's). I dunno.

The wordmark is great.

Sabres is on to something. The leaf in the background looks like a headress to me. Any reason it couldn't be twice as big, as a backdrop to the whole logo/wordmark?

Also, you have the 'primary' as the combonation between the 'secondary' and 'wordmark.'

Is this the proper naming convent? I need to change the way I refer to things, then. I always called primary the logo itself.. the wordmark the wordmark, and the 'secondary' a unique piece of art that associated with the primary. I guess my way was incorrect. I will change the way I refer to things.

Well done with the human... one doesn't get a lot of humans in nitro work, and i like seeing human in this one.

Well done!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, I agree about the leaf. I've been trying to figure out what to do with it... making it overly large causes it to completely dominate the entire logo, and making it smaller seems to make it unnecessary. I'm still playing with it, though. Thanks for the suggestions!

As for the naming, I don't know if it is or not. I just called it that since I didn't really know what else to call it. So, don't quote me on it. :)

What if you off-center it? and maybe even add the grey border to the mountie in front of the leaf?

Damn, here I go, not able to describe...

here.. lookit this...

(note addendum to copywrite.. lol)

mounties.gif

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Well, wow. I think it looks fantastic. I like the smaller leaf to be honest. The larger leaf downplays the mounty. Maybe keep it off to the left like payno's edit, but move it lower so that the top of the leaf is at the top of the mounty's hat.

Does it bother anyone that the 'Mountie' isn't 'mounted?' kinda looks like a 'Standie' right now

ΓΔΒ!

This logo looks very good! However, I'd like to see another shade of some shadow work on his face and the uniform. I think if you could make that possible the logo would stand out a lot more.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well, here is my reason for not adding more shading on the hat and the face: The logo already has seven colors, which is usually too many, but somewhat necessary in this case: Black, Red, Dark Red, Flesh, Burnt Orange, White, and Silver. In order to add shading to the face and the hat, I'd have to add two new colors: some darker shade of flesh and a darker burnt orange. There might be a way to do it with black, but I think it might look really odd that way. I'll try it, but I don't think it will look very good.

Payn: I thought about doing something with a horse, but I was keeping it close to the logo that the team used the previous year:

2003 Saskatchewan Mounties Logo

You could get away with adding some more black to his face and uniform. That could cover the shading problem.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Archived