2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

Why? They have a bunch of crappy ex-Flames (or ex-crappy Flames, more accurately) like Aucoin and Vandermeer, and it feels like rooting for the house. It is rooting for the house. Who wants to see league commissioner Gary Bettman present the Stanley Cup to team owner Gary Bettman? But hey, look at it this way: if you start rooting for the Coyotes like right now, you'll have been following them longer than 98% of metropolitan Phoenix. If you wait till four games before the regular season ends rather than, say, five, then you're just a bandwagon fan to them.

Well it's simply the process of elimination I can't stand any other team that's currently in a playoff spot.

It's sad that the NHL owns them but maybe it can stick a few more fans in the stands (Doubtful) and then the NHL can maybe just maybe realize that they f'ed up and will choose to do the right thing with the Coyotes again doubtful.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny you say that. Of all the Western teams that annoy me (pretty much everyone but the Sharks, for whom I harbor no ill will), the Red Wings are the only team whose success I would find more vomit-inducing than the Coyotes, and that's because loathing all things Red Wings is a FUNdamental part of the fandom. Exemplum gratia, did you hear about that clown out there who criticized the anthem cheering? He said it was disrespectful and made him sick, so then everyone (21,000 and change, smaller crowd) cheered even louder than usual and I'm pretty sure they chanted "Detroit Sucks" afterward. And Detroit wasn't even in town tonight! Take that. But as I was saying, to see the league not only buy its biggest failure but propel them to victory would be one of the all-time travesties of organized sport, a moment of wondering "is everything really on the up and up" so profound as to make questionable NBA Draft Lotteries look like unassuming coincidences, and it will be a great day for hockey if the farce is ended before it ever has to come to that.

I just watched the highlights of that game and there were more/louder Canucks fans. lol.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I am rooting for the Canucks to win this game in OT/SO. So it's come to this, huh.

EDIT: sad.gif firkin Luongo

Yeah, that was Raycroft in net.

Well see there's the problem!

As soon as the Ducks lose two more games and the playoffs are entirely impossible barring a 14 game winning streak, I too will join in on the Coyotes wagon. If only for the fact that I love the hell out of Ilya Bryzgalov, and only Bryz. Shane Doan can suck it.

Plus if the standings hold true, then they'll be playing the Kings, and I can't rightfully root for the Kings success. No matter how much it would do for a SoCal hockey fan base, Ducks fans would never hear the end of it.

I'd throw my hat in for Colorado in the West as well. Love all their young players, and I love the job that ex-Mighty Duck Joe Sacco is doing behind the bench.

Everyone else, including the East and excluding Ovechkin and the Caps, can shove it! :P

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Yeah, but that wasn't enacted until after the season, right? Same with the NFL's horse-collar crackdown. I don't like the idea of changing or "clarifying" (when we know what that really means) rules as you go along.

The "Sean Avery Rule" was enacted two days after Game 3.

That was only an interpretation of Rule 75--Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The hit to the head thing would be an entirely new addition to the rulebook.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Yeah, but that wasn't enacted until after the season, right? Same with the NFL's horse-collar crackdown. I don't like the idea of changing or "clarifying" (when we know what that really means) rules as you go along.

The "Sean Avery Rule" was enacted two days after Game 3.

That was only an interpretation of Rule 75--Unsportsmanlike Conduct. The hit to the head thing would be an entirely new addition to the rulebook.

Oh I see. I've been enlightened now.

Sharks do the amazing and score 6 in the 3rd to knock the Preds off 8-5. Did the Flames a favor and now they are tied for 7th.

This was downright embarassing. You gotta love those games that you watch that much of and then wish you could have those two hours of your life back.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Sharks do the amazing and score 6 in the 3rd to knock the Preds off 8-5. Did the Flames a favor and now they are tied for 7th.

This was downright embarassing. You gotta love those games that you watch that much of and then wish you could have those two hours of your life back.

Dan Ellis, a rising Twitter superstar, had this to say:

Nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1zgyd8w.jpg

Preds staying in Nashville for two more years. After that, who knows?

The Nashville Predators will play hockey here for at least two more years thanks to an agreement reached today between the team’s ownership group and the Metro Sports Authority, which serves as the city’s landlord at Bridgestone Arena.

The Predators and the Sports Authority had been in negotiations in recent months to clear up a $3.3 million federal tax lien against lead owner David Freeman.

As a result of the lien, Sports Authority board member Lauren Brisky recommended a series of actions that the remaining members of the ownership group could take to avoid a potential default.

Under the direction of new chairman Tom Cigarran, the Predators largely agreed to Brisky’s recommendations, most notably that the ownership group would waive its early termination clause until June 2012. The team could have enacted the leave clause as early as May 1.

“The Sports Authority didn’t cause this issue to happen,” Cigarran said at Friday’s meeting. “That came from the ownership group. I’m here to assure you that won’t happen again. We are in a financial position with the remaining owners and there are things we are going to do to strengthen the team from a financial standpoint where we won’t ever expect to be back here with that kind of an issue in front of us.”

In addition to agreeing not to enact the early termination clause, the remaining members of the local ownership group also agreed to sign personal guarantees to cover Freeman’s $31.2 million personal guaranty to the city.

Cigarran said the replacement agreement gave the city more security than the previous deal, which was reached with Mayor Karl Dean shortly after he was elected into office in 2007.

Lost in the Coyotes craze was the fact that the Predators were sold to a criminal and passed on to a guy who's broke. Chapter 49 of the new book Only the Goddamned NHL.

Lost in the Coyotes craze was the fact that the Predators were sold to a criminal and passed on to a guy who's broke. Chapter 49 of the new book Only the Goddamned NHL.

Add to this the fact that the NHL is looking for $160M for a team with no recent history of success, when the more-successful Lightning just sold for $100M, means that they're stuck with them for the foreseeable future.

Then, back to Winnipeg, I suppose.

edit: I don't know if anyone has mentioned this yet, but the Sedins donated $1.5M towards the construction of a new BC Children's Hospital. They wanted to do it anonymously, but were persuaded to go public in order to help the hospital reach its goal of $200M.

Good on them, a very generous gesture.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived