New name for Charlotte?

Conrad.

I don't understand the silver spikes on the right side of the Bobcats face. They seem superfluous.

They're the continuation of the seams in the basketball background. It might've been done to make the basketball look like it was moving. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but at least the spikes aren't completely random.

It's dumb. It's like the ball is both in front of and behind the cat. Yet another reason why I think this is a much worse logo than the O'Grady logo, which ain't great.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Because it's the Beehive State and hornets are like bees" in what was once a respected newspaper. Unthinkable.

Denigrating the reputation of the newspaper is hardly relevant in this situation. The graphic was obviously done tongue-in-cheek. Why else would they suggest the Nets be renamed the "Bricks" and the Raptors the "Snowplows"?

Because the Tribune is now run by idiots?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

"Because it's the Beehive State and hornets are like bees" in what was once a respected newspaper. Unthinkable.

Denigrating the reputation of the newspaper is hardly relevant in this situation.

The Trib has gone downhill for totally unrelated reasons.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

And despite that rant, what awaits me in my morning Chicago Tribune? This:

52879969.jpg

... complete with the "Jazz back to New Orleans" nonsense (and much, much worse).

This Bobcats name change theory has got more run in mainstream news organizations that I would have ever imagined.

Source: Chicago Tribune "Smack"

UGH!

*headslap*

Thats just :censored:ing horrible. Get with the program Chicago Tribune!!!! Whats next? an expose on the mismatching blues on the Cowboy's football unis???? Geez.

im sur it will be awsum

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Unless that's a sakabatou, you're cutting the basketball with the wrong edge of the katana.

Also the perspective is kind of wonky.

(Sorry folks, no seppuku cracks this time.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Unless that's a sakabatou, you're cutting the basketball with the wrong edge of the katana.

No, I think the cut is supposed to start at the left edge, and end at the right edge (like it went through so fast, the ball didn't have to separate on the left edge, and is only separating on the right edge because the sword is being lifted up).

Perhaps...?

Archived