New name for Charlotte?

Conrad.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They shouldn't be worried about what to do with the first part of their name, they should focus on doing something about the second part.

"Nets"? Seriously? Why not name them the New York Backboards? Or New York Balls? Or New York Rims? It's ridiculous, even by pro-sports standards where things don't always have to make sense.

Brooklyn Knights would be awesome on so many different levels. New York Anything would work too.

New York Anything sounds like it could be a good movie. I dunno. I don't mind Nets because I like the idea of Mets/Jets/Nets harmony among the New York B-Teams. It's short and snappy.

Mabe the Charlotte Flames, or the Bulldogs because MJ was on the Bulls. biggrin.gifcool.gifcool.giftongue.gifstar_full.gifglare.gifrolleyes.giftoothless.gif

and in spacejam he had bulldogs

Filing this exchange away for the "Great Moments in Posting" thread I'm thinking of starting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

They shouldn't be worried about what to do with the first part of their name, they should focus on doing something about the second part.

"Nets"? Seriously? Why not name them the New York Backboards? Or New York Balls? Or New York Rims? It's ridiculous, even by pro-sports standards where things don't always have to make sense.

Brooklyn Knights would be awesome on so many different levels. New York Anything would work too.

New York Anything sounds like it could be a good movie. I dunno. I don't mind Nets because I like the idea of Mets/Jets/Nets harmony among the New York B-Teams. It's short and snappy.

Howabout the New York Pets - think of all the mascots they could have. They could have uniforms with sublimated animals and goldfish all over them, and each player could walk their actual pet onto the court during pre game intros.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

New York Cadettes. No, not because their logo is an army cadette, but because it's a silhouette of this stupid (but ridiculously hot) whore I know with that last name.

EDIT: OK, that's two syllables, so how bout the New York Bets, and a make a logo out of Pete Rose.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'll see you "Reds" and "Blues" (and man, no way would those lame names be acceptible for a professional American team)

The Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Blues would disagree with you on that point.

thats_the_joke.jpg

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Why not go with the Charlotte Sting, pays homage to the old name and has flow. Also keeps the identity somewhat people are so fond of.

Because naming your team after a failed WNBA franchise is a terrible, terrible idea.

Why not go with the Charlotte Sting, pays homage to the old name and has flow. Also keeps the identity somewhat people are so fond of.

Because naming your team after a failed WNBA franchise is a terrible, terrible idea.

Well, in his defense, the Charlotte's original NBA team was named after a defunct World Football League team.

6uXNWAo.png

Can't name a team "Sting" in Flair Country.

Well, it happened. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Charlotte Nature Boys

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Isn'tCharlotte considered "Flair Country"? Howabout the CharlotteNaturals? Their warmups could be done to resemble one of Flair'srobes, and everyone on the team would have to bleach their hair.

Can't name a team "Sting" in Flair Country.

Well, it happened. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Charlotte Nature Boys

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Isn'tCharlotte considered "Flair Country"? Howabout the CharlotteNaturals? Their warmups could be done to resemble one of Flair'srobes, and everyone on the team would have to bleach their hair.

It would be a blast to be at Time Warner Cable Arena (or as I call it, the "cable box"), and then hear:

LET'S MEET THE STARTING LINEUP FOR YOUR CAROLINA FLAIR JORDANS! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

lol. Flair Jordans. Nice.

Well, in his defense, the Charlotte's original NBA team was named after a defunct World Football League team.

Charlotte has been home to minor-pro baseball (Carolina Association, North Carolina State League, South Atlantic League, Piedmont League, Carolina League, Tri-State League and Southern League), pro football (World Football League) and pro basketball (National Basketball Association) franchises bearing the Hornets name since as early as the early 1900s. All were named in reference to British General Charles Cornwallis' comment that Charlotte was "a veritable hornet's nest of rebellion" during the American Revolutionary War.

Archived