New name for Charlotte?

Conrad.

It's not Adidas owns a factory that makes basketball uniforms. There are a few companies that produce uniforms for the major athletic apparel brands. They make the uniforms to each companies specifications (cut, fabric type, etc.). All Adidas cares about is that their logo is on the uniform. But in MLB, the Yankees pay a fine every tear to keep the Majestic logo off their uniforms. I could see Jordan doing that. Nike probably would pay the fine for him considering all the publicity it would create.

There aren't any manufacturer logos on NBA uniforms worn in games (except for the ASG). So if Jordan were to incur such a fine, it would have to be because he drew a swoosh on the uniforms with a Sharpie or something.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE THE NEW YORK NETS

Why are you yelling without an exclamation point?!

But I agree, New York Nets would be fine.

Why are you asking a question emphatically without an interrobang‽

:P

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It's not Adidas owns a factory that makes basketball uniforms. There are a few companies that produce uniforms for the major athletic apparel brands. They make the uniforms to each companies specifications (cut, fabric type, etc.). All Adidas cares about is that their logo is on the uniform. But in MLB, the Yankees pay a fine every tear to keep the Majestic logo off their uniforms. I could see Jordan doing that. Nike probably would pay the fine for him considering all the publicity it would create.

There aren't any manufacturer logos on NBA uniforms worn in games (except for the ASG). So if Jordan were to incur such a fine, it would have to be because he drew a swoosh on the uniforms with a Sharpie or something.

Thank you, I thought this was the case, but forgot to check. The NBA never has had manufacturer logos, as far as I know. (Of course, those three-stripe additions have run rampant everywhere else.)

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST BE THE NEW YORK NETS

Why are you yelling without an exclamation point?!

But I agree, New York Nets would be fine.

Why are you asking a question emphatically without an interrobang‽

:P

You got me. :)

If MJ wants to have the "Air" theme for the team's identity, I'd go with...

....the Charlotte Tomcats.

I actually think Charlotte Air would be a nice name. Ties into flight and MJ. Although, you would have the inevitable Air-ball mock.

So Robert Johnson naming the team after himself is a no-no but Jordon naming the team after his NBA corporate "persona" is ok?

That, and Air just sucks. I can see how some would view the name Bobcats as "generic." I'll grant that. Still, generic is better than downright awful, and so far almost every suggestion to replace Bobcats has been awful. Dragons? Air? Flight? Airmen? Sting? Chivalry? Really guys? Those are embarrassingly bad.

The only suggestion that could work has been Cougars, and that may not be viable due to who owns the copyright. Really, I have yet to hear one viable, good replacement for Bobcats.

If MJ wants to have the "Air" theme for the team's identity, I'd go with...

....the Charlotte Tomcats.

I actually think Charlotte Air would be a nice name. Ties into flight and MJ. Although, you would have the inevitable Air-ball mock.

So Robert Johnson naming the team after himself is a no-no but Jordon naming the team after his NBA corporate "persona" is ok?

Michael Jordan's name/brand is synonymous with basketball, and carries considerably more cache than Robert Johnson in the basketball and real world. Beyond that, AIR is not his name. I wouldn't be in favor of the Jordans or the MichaelCats, etc. But AIR is perfectly fine for a team name in my opinion. It's different, sophisticated, obviously already well branded... it's a name/concept that is interesting rather than more of the same. I'd encourage that in what has become a very bland league.

And how in the hell would one create a logo for that?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Beyond that, AIR is not his name. I wouldn't be in favor of the Jordans or the MichaelCats, etc. But AIR is perfectly fine for a team name in my opinion.

But a bobcat is an actual animal. While not a great name for an NBA franchise, it is not stupid, like "Air".

Well, here's one route they could go :P

air_supply_greatest_hits.jpg

I have to agree that most of the proposed names would be a huge step back from Bobcats, which is saying something. Flight and Cougars are the only names I would really consider... although it seems that calling team the Cougars with the connotation that word has take over the past few years would be asking to be a target for sophomoric humour.

I still think Flight, even with all the legit criticisms would be a better name as it has relevance to location and sport. Minor leagueish? Perhaps. But no more so than Jazz, Heat or Magic.

Basketball on a guitar pick with unintentionally asymmetrical letter paths.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Players untuck their jerseys all the time, and the manufacturer logo is visible on the jock tag. Plus it's all over the warmups (if not the logo, the three stripes.) Plus all the practice gear and (possibly, I'm not sure) shooting shirts.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If they do keep some form of "cats", I hope they change the spelling to "catz", because that's more modern and would sell to kidz.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If they do keep some form of "cats", I hope they change the spelling to "catz", because that's more modern and would sell to kidz.

Which would get parentz to spend more money. Absolutely Brilliant.

why hasn't anyone else thought of that?!

Archived