New Caribou Coffee Logo

lich0037

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Caribou Coffee, or are even coffee drinkers. Here is the new the logo for Caribou Coffe. They are based in Minnesota and have 415 locations in 16 states making them the second-largest operator coffeehouses in the United States after Starbucks.

Old Logo:

caribou%20logo.jpg

New Logo:

CaribouCoffe.jpg

Thoughts????

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Caribou Coffee, or are even coffee drinkers. Here is the new the logo for Caribou Coffe. They are based in Minnesota and have 415 locations in 16 states making them the second-largest operator coffeehouses in the United States after Starbucks.

Old Logo:

caribou%20logo.jpg

New Logo:

CaribouCoffe.jpg

Thoughts????

i remember seeing the caribou coffee granola bars a year or so ago. but thats about it. there again im not much in to coffee.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

I like the incorporation of the bean and the font is fitting and a bit more classy, however I think the caribou itself is a little to abstract for the average person to decipher what it is.

They tried way too hard to put symbolism into the logo - to the point where it doesn't even resemble a caribou. The "coffee bean" looks like two spoons clasped together. The whole symbol looks vaguely like an angry frowning face.

Also, they traded their sense of humor in for vague inspirational crap on the packaging that sounds like what Dr. Phil says on his show. Two thumbs down on this one.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I think it's a better logo overall, but the actual caribou is way more abstract than before. Is it supposed to be running towards the right now?

Yes, it is supposed to be running toward the right. Apparently that was one Caribou's biggest request when they were designing the new logo.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of Caribou Coffee, but not a fan of the new logo. The old one still looks just fine to me. The new one doesn't look like a caribou at all. In fact I have no clue just what it looks like. And the new wordmark is just plain lame.

CCSLC signature.png

Archived