lich0037

New Caribou Coffee Logo

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Caribou Coffee, or are even coffee drinkers. Here is the new the logo for Caribou Coffe. They are based in Minnesota and have 415 locations in 16 states making them the second-largest operator coffeehouses in the United States after Starbucks.

Old Logo:

caribou%20logo.jpg

New Logo:

CaribouCoffe.jpg

Thoughts????

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Caribou Coffee, or are even coffee drinkers. Here is the new the logo for Caribou Coffe. They are based in Minnesota and have 415 locations in 16 states making them the second-largest operator coffeehouses in the United States after Starbucks.

Old Logo:

caribou%20logo.jpg

New Logo:

CaribouCoffe.jpg

Thoughts????

i remember seeing the caribou coffee granola bars a year or so ago. but thats about it. there again im not much in to coffee.

I like the incorporation of the bean and the font is fitting and a bit more classy, however I think the caribou itself is a little to abstract for the average person to decipher what it is.

other than the "interesting" coffee bean body, I don't like it.

Also, the antlers form a "C" for caribou. And the light blue backdrop of the caribou adopts a national park-like sign.

Pretty bad. Looks dated already...

Edit: was looking at the old. The new hadn't loaded.

The new isn't bad. Definitely an upgrade. I suppose the legs could be scoops also?

I think it's a better logo overall, but the actual caribou is way more abstract than before. Is it supposed to be running towards the right now?

Yeah, it's pretty abstract. Maybe too abstract. But it's growing on me.

They tried way too hard to put symbolism into the logo - to the point where it doesn't even resemble a caribou. The "coffee bean" looks like two spoons clasped together. The whole symbol looks vaguely like an angry frowning face.

Also, they traded their sense of humor in for vague inspirational crap on the packaging that sounds like what Dr. Phil says on his show. Two thumbs down on this one.

I think it's a better logo overall, but the actual caribou is way more abstract than before. Is it supposed to be running towards the right now?

Yes, it is supposed to be running toward the right. Apparently that was one Caribou's biggest request when they were designing the new logo.

Older is better...took me a few seconds to figure out what the black thing was...reminds me of the horrible Olympic logos from China.

Wow. Everyone's a harsh critic, but this is an upgrade all around. Better colors, shape, type, idea; everything piece of the new one is better than its counterpart.

I'm a fan of Caribou Coffee, but not a fan of the new logo. The old one still looks just fine to me. The new one doesn't look like a caribou at all. In fact I have no clue just what it looks like. And the new wordmark is just plain lame.

meh.....