A marine hockey team

the swed

The team I've created here can be an expansion or a relocated NHL team or in any other league.

I use the name Mariners because we already have the Maple Leafes (army) and

Admirals (navy) and then I placed the team in Baltimore because the city

is close located to United States Naval Academy and still is big enough to host an NHL team.

The primary logo is a stylised M with the insignia for sergeant up-side-down.

I used the marines colors of scarlet and gold. I also included metallic gold and

federal blue in the logo and the logo have an silver out line.

The striping is simple with a thin silver stripe in between the scarlet an gold.

http://img246.imageshack.us/i/baltimoremariners.png/

http://img411.imageshack.us/i/baltimoremariners2.png/

The M logo looks like an option for a logo in the NHL 06 'Create a Team' mode. I'd say over all it's a solid concept, I like the use of the colors, but I just don't like how the colors look on the jersey.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

i am a Marine my self and nothing about that screams US Marines....for one our chevrons aren't that thick....i understand that ur trying to make an "M" but I'm sorry..it don't work

stars.jpg

dallasmavericks.gif

style1,JBPerry.png

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/5005-Blue.swf?TimeZone=CST&TimeFormat=hhmmssTT" width="180" height="60" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

joshuabperry@sbcglobal.net

My Webpage

I'd use a color scheme of red, gold and black. This would look like the Marines AND the Maryland flag.

The name Mariners makes me think of the baseball team in Seattle and more of guys on boats than U.S. Marines, but I also have no other suggestion of what to name then, so right now, I'd just adjust the colors and aesthetics.

87Redskins.png

I am also a Marine. It doesn't scream Marines to me either. It's also a no no to put the Sergeant insignia up side down.

Retired Marine...... I had dropped a long reply about the uni above but deleted it as I realized I went off the deep end. Glad to see others felt similarly.

Oh come on, military personnel would never lose their cool.

I think it would be pretty good for a reborn Maine Mariners team or something, but I might try a different shade of blue. Something darker, maybe greyer.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Maybe try using the insignia pattern for the entire M rather than just superimposing it over the middle of it. That way, it's subtle enough to not be disrespectful.

I also agree with making the shorts follow the pattern of the actual Marine pants. In fact, I would let the pants be the only blue element of the uniform and only use red and yellow/gold everywhere else (since those are the official Marine colors)

UPDATE

The changes I've made on this is that I changed the main color to deep midnight blue

and the logo is flipped up-side-down so the sergeant insignia is rightway up and I

included the entire insignia.(the bottom radius is bad I know)

The striping is more simple to mimic the Marine Corp drill suite and the Corps logo

appers as an shoulder logo.

baltimoremariners.png

hope you like it

Well now it looks like an H. And if it is not a USMC hockey team you might have a little trouble just pasting the USMC patch on the shoulders.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived