When do you think there is going to be a European NFL Team?

Fpie24

Whilst not disagreeing with infrared's last post, the tax issues could be worked around in time, if the NFL really wanted it! But even in the limited world of the World League, the old London Monarchs team was scaled back pretty quickly. There is a market for NFL football in England, but I don't think its an 8 games a year seller over here. (Especially if the team is pretty mediocre). Much better to keep a 1 or 2 games a year deal.

Another issue would be the post season. What happens say if San Diego has to play a game against London, you can't schedule a bye week into the playoffs.

It might be that some transport revolution in the future makes it possible, but with conditions as they are now, it is all a bit pie in the sky.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think there will be some international NFL teams in the near future. The only problem is, what division would they be placed in? For example, I doubt, say, the NFC or AFC East would want to travel to London every year, sometimes twice depending on the playoff picture. There would have to be AFC and NFC International Divisions, which would be a headache in itself if the international teams are spread out among different continents.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

it makes no sense to have an european team...how would the travel work? Would the euro team go on a 8 game road trip, and play the next 8 at home? i also don't see too many free agents wanting to go there.

LA, Toronto, and even Mexico City are better ideas.

Archived