Best laptops for graphic design.

ChuchoTrain

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I borrowed a friend's new-ish mac-book for a few days to see how I'd like it. It's easier to use, quicker, less sluggish and I like how everything is laid out. I am going to keep my laptop (PC) but I will also get a mac, I think I want to make that switch, although not fully.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

What do you want to suggest? That when myself or Andrew or Fraser run a Mac it runs flawlessly, but whenever you run one it becomes trash... because that's what it sounds like. I was just like you... I had a Dell laptop for about a year and a half. I didn't want a Mac, and i didn't even want an iPod. I had an iRiver. But after 3 trips to the geek squad in 15 months, I was done. After a buddy of mine got a MacBook, I hesitantly tried it out and I didn't like it. But after discussing with different graphic design professors from various schools, they convinced me to try a Mac. At first, there was an awkward 36 hour period... I didn't know how to right click, etc... but after that, it grew on me. Then I started to like it a little more and more until finally, I realized I could never go back to a Windows. Now here I am, 3 years later.... same computer. I've only had to take it in once... and that was because I burned out the backlight after 2 years of constant use...

I'm on both platforms almost every day at school. I've been a PC-guy. If you don't believe me, listen to Fraser or Andrew.. they know what the heck they are talking about. But just know that when I say that one machine is superior to the other, it's well documented. Now of course some people are going to like an inferior product. Why? The same reason brussel sprouts still exist.

Now, do I care if people like Dells or brussel sprouts? Heck no. That just means you're leaving more good stuff for me.

Ok, you went Mac- that's fine.

But please, for the love of God tell me you didn't switch from iRiver to the polished turd that is iPod.

Comparing a Dell to Brussel Sprouts is the greatest comparison ever.

I've been Mac for 8 years now. When I was working at the firm I worked for before being laid off, they had Dells that had the same specs as my Mac. My Mac using VMWare fusion is faster than the Dell running Windows natively.

Now if Autodesk can get their heads out of their asses and make AutoCAD for Mac, and the people making Rhino plugins make them for Mac I would be set.

Archived