Six International Hockey Concepts

IronChefShark

I apparently missed the intro to this thread, and I am sorry to offend, but I was wondering...

What was the motivation behind this project? It is just for fun, are there really hockey teams in all these desert countries that need redesigned? I'm sorry to ask, I just have never had the desire to make jerseys for countries I know very little about, and was wondering if you could share the inspiration with me.

Thanks!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I apparently missed the intro to this thread, and I am sorry to offend, but I was wondering...

What was the motivation behind this project? It is just for fun, are there really hockey teams in all these desert countries that need redesigned?

you'd be somewhat surprised...they play in the United Arab Emirates, shockingly enough. don't know about anywhere else, but i know that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

PS. whatever happened to the international concept challege?

Well, that ended after 2, when the popularity of challenges was falling (about the same time when Iron Cross-over took a break). Although with the olympics this summer, I am planning to bring it back with a bang.

I did a baseball concept for India, just to show how I would use thier colors

India baseball concept

it does bear a little resemblence to thier cricket team, but thats the idea.

Good job. FYI, here's the India cricket uniform

000068.jpg

and the hat

000014.jpg

Here are a few counrties I'd like to see you try:

Libya

Indonesia

Cameroon (this ought to be good)

Trinidad & Tobago

and Mongolia

I saw, I came, I left.

the latter three Ive allready done. they got deleted though when tripod removed my site. when I get the chance Ill load them up on angelfire.

I was planning to do indonesia, but Im not doing Libya. I wouldnt feel right doing a concept for a country thats against the US (although an argument could be made for some Ive allready done

and please, no requests. Discussion only, remember ^_^

the latter three Ive allready done. they got deleted though when tripod removed my site. when I get the chance Ill load them up on angelfire.

I was planning to do indonesia, but Im not doing Libya. I wouldnt feel right doing a concept for a country thats against the US (although an argument could be made for some Ive allready done

and please, no requests. Discussion only, remember ^_^

OK then no requests. Although you probably would have had an easy time with Libya considering their flag is plain green.

I saw, I came, I left.

two more:

Turkey: this is another one of those "non traditional" hockey countries in which they actually do play hockey. Thier actual jerseys are basically a red wings jersey with the crest I have here slapped in the place of the winged wheel. However what I did here was simplify it even more, if that was possible. it still has a apparent red wings look to it, but I did my best to keep it simple and differentiate them from the wings at the same time.

United Arab Emirates: its been mentioned, so here they are. Ive seen thier actual jerseys and these do look similar, but I added my own touches to them. They actually use an enlarged UAEIHF logo as thier crest, which I think looks terrible. So I made it a patch that they wear on thier upper left hand chest. Also I put the arabic lettering that means "United Arab Emirates" on them.

look for these countries in the future: Honduras, Indonesia, Malaysia, Venezuela

these will come out once I get some background on thier national teams in other sports and any possible evidence of ice hockey being played in these countries

Hey why is Mongolia playing the Oakland Seals?

:lol::lol: because the Seals are the only team the Mongols can beat. Next up, the Minnesota North Stars. Seriously, I think they were playing Australia in those pictures.

I saw, I came, I left.

Hey why is Mongolia playing the Oakland Seals?

:lol::lol: because the Seals are the only team the Mongols can beat. Next up, the Minnesota North Stars. Seriously, I think they were playing Australia in those pictures.

Well if that's Australia--why did they change to those monstrosities in that other thread?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived