The Green or Blue Bay Packers

PackerBadger

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole look is unsightly, and will not part me from a cent of my money, but I agree that's it's nice to see them get it pretty much as accurate as current standards allow.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The back of the jersey looks a little too New York Titans for me, but what are you gonna do. It's an interesting novelty. It'll be fun to see once and then never again.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

A person would look really silly walking around in a replica of this jersey. While it will be cool to see them on the field once, just for the novelty aspect, I have a feeling these will be a failure as a merchandising tool.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The jersey itself is ok. The helmet, pants, and jersey don't go at all.

They're not supposed to. In 1929, the helmet (if the player even wore one) had one purpose: to protect the head. The pants, they had two purposes: to conceal the genitalia and protect the legs. Different era.

1. I hope these are worn with full length blue socks (no white showing). 2. I would have loved to see the NFL make an exception and allow the front numeral to remain in a 5" circle. 3. I also agree the helmet should be a little less shiny. Not flat, because smooth leather has a little shine, but a dull matte would have been nice. The shine, though, is part of the helmet's function, as it reduces the friction during a hit and allows the helmet to better deflect the impact of the blow.

Overall, though, great throwback.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Jersey close ups

photo1.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

I like it for what it is. I wouldn't buy one, and I don't think they're good looking. However, I like what they're trying to do, and I like the fact that they got it right as far as details. I wonder what games they'll wear them for. I'll bet the Chicago game. I guess we won't know until the schedules are released. Not sure when that is though.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Here is a pic of the whole uniform

packers.jpg

As much as the flow of the uniform doesn't go with today's standards, especially the helmets, one just has to pretend those helmets are leather. Once you see that you really appreciate the look a lot more. I hope a Chicago or New York plays against them in an era appropriate look. That would be awesome.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

If they had painted the old ones gold tho, they should have done the same here.

Brown leather is appropriate for this period - the Packers didn't start painting their helmets gold until the late 1930s.

Yes, but that goes against the board's hivemind belief that nothing sports-related should ever be brown.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Jersey close ups

photo1.jpg

photo8.jpg

photo7.jpg

I like it for what it is. I wouldn't buy one, and I don't think they're good looking. However, I like what they're trying to do, and I like the fact that they got it right as far as details. I wonder what games they'll wear them for. I'll bet the Chicago game. I guess we won't know until the schedules are released. Not sure when that is though.

The schedules SHOULD be released around mid-to-late April

If they had painted the old ones gold tho, they should have done the same here.

Brown leather is appropriate for this period - the Packers didn't start painting their helmets gold until the late 1930s.

Yes, but that goes against the board's hivemind belief that nothing sports-related should ever be brown.

Fortunately, adults are immune. ;)

Archived