The Green or Blue Bay Packers

PackerBadger

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are terrible and should have stayed thrown back.

I love how if they had done something new and modern everyone would have hated it, but anything attached to throwback/old jerseys is loved.

All it does is show an immense lack of creativity and thinking. Teams keep reverting back to throwbacks for full time and for their 3rd/alternate jerseys. Yeah, people say well they should have never changed, but they did. Get something new for a change.

I enjoy throwbacks as a one time/special game/week depending on the sport. But not as an alternate jersey. The alternates used to be the cool/other color jerseys that I loved. Now they're just jokes.

I hate these Packers ones, not merely because they are throwbacks, but they look terrible and the colors are horrendous.

/rant.

2ly2w09.jpg

I love how if they had done something new and modern everyone would have hated it,

Your premise is deeply flawed.

I shouldn't have put everyone, I should have put most people.

I usually am one of the only fans of something new, modern, and outside the box. I rarely see others, so I generalized.

2ly2w09.jpg

I love how if they had done something new and modern everyone would have hated it,

I usually am one of the only fans of something new, modern, and outside the box. I rarely see others, so I generalized.

Your premise is flawed because you assume we're all old timers stuck in the mud who hate any design that was conceived after 1995. That fact is, you're WAY off.

We're not against "new" or "modern" uniform designs. The Eagles, Texans, Patriots, Panthers, and Rams all have modern uniform designs that have been well-received. Why? Because in addition to being "new" they also look nice.

On the hand we hate the uniforms worn by the Bills, Bengals, Vikings, Falcons, Jaguars, and Cardinals not because they're new, but because they look ugly.

In addition to what Ice Cap said above (in what is becoming the go-to argument against you and the other Dennisbergans), these "old school" uniforms aren't getting raved reviews in this thread. Most people are actually bashing it and I'm right there with them. Your premise is deeply flawed.

PvO6ZWJ.png

But, your premise is deeply flawed. The point of an NFL franchise is not to think outside the box, break design barriers and further the exploration of new and exciting fashion trends. It's to win championships, to connect with its fans and to pay homage to the forefathers that laid the bricks for what the team is today. This throwback fits that. the Vikings' creative, modern, out-of-the-box, sicknasty threads do not. They take a steamy dump all over what the Vikings franchise and fanbase has represented virtually all of its existence. Game, set AND MATCH!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Funny you should equate the two.

The only thing wrong with the Broncos' throwbacks are the vertically striped socks. The color scheme is pure class, sadly under-represented in the NFL and ought to be seen more often.

BUT IT'Z BROWN!!! NUFFIN IN SPORTZ SHUD EVER BE BROWN!!!!

To be perfectly honest, I don't care for these. Yes, as an exercise, it's cool to see that they got these throwbacks as accurate as modern standards will allow. That being said, these just fall short of what a throwback alternate should be.

As far as I know this upcoming season won't mark a significant anniversary for the team's first championship. So since there's no anniversary to celebrate, these fail at what most throwbacks are supposed to be in this day and age, alternates. A full time alternate throwback should help add to the primary identity while also offering something different. The Cowboys' throwbacks do this. The Steelers' throwbacks do this. These Packers throwbacks do not do this.

So as cool as these are, I just don't see these as viable alternate uniforms.

This is actually the 80th year since their first NFL Championship in 1929, so I wouldn't say it's completely random.

Ah, ok. I was unaware of that. For one game, to celebrate the first championship in team history, these are ok.

This is actually the 80th year since their first NFL Championship in 1929, so I wouldn't say it's completely random.

Ah, ok. I was unaware of that. For one game, to celebrate the first championship in team history, these are ok.

meh...still look pretty ugly.

But, your premise is deeply flawed. The point of an NFL franchise is not to think outside the box, break design barriers and further the exploration of new and exciting fashion trends. It's to win championships, to connect with its fans and to pay homage to the forefathers that laid the bricks for what the team is today. This throwback fits that. the Vikings' creative, modern, out-of-the-box, sicknasty threads do not. They take a steamy dump all over what the Vikings franchise and fanbase has represented virtually all of its existence. Game, set AND MATCH!

Well technically, the point of an NFL franchise is to generate revenue through ticket sales, merchandising, and any other way they can. The LA Clippers have proven that winning championships (or even being competitive) isn't necessary in order to have a "successful" franchise. If "paying homage to the forefathers" helps a team sell tickets and sell jerseys, then yes, that's part of their "point". If they feel that their fanbase would respond positively to some new-fangled design, then coming up with that is their point too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well technically, the point of an NFL franchise is to generate revenue through ticket sales, merchandising, and any other way they can. The LA Clippers have proven that winning championships (or even being competitive) isn't necessary in order to have a "successful" franchise. If "paying homage to the forefathers" helps a team sell tickets and sell jerseys, then yes, that's part of their "point". If they feel that their fanbase would respond positively to some new-fangled design, then coming up with that is their point too.

Sad but true.

The fact that the Clippers haven't been taken to court by their fans for basically charging fans for a totally inferior product is beyond me. If they were a car company they would have been sued and be forced to conduct a massive recall. Terrible....just terrible. But they are still a working franchise that makes money, so at least they've got that going for them.

Your premise is flawed because you assume we're all old timers stuck in the mud who hate any design that was conceived after 1995. That fact is, you're WAY off.

We're not against "new" or "modern" uniform designs. The Eagles, Texans, Patriots, Panthers, and Rams all have modern uniform designs that have been well-received. Why? Because in addition to being "new" they also look nice.

On the hand we hate the uniforms worn by the Bills, Bengals, Vikings, Falcons, Jaguars, and Cardinals not because they're new, but because they look ugly.

I don't assume that and am not aiming this at people on this board even. Just it seems everyone in general, Paul Lukas for example, hates anything that isn't plain and boring. There are quite a few new ugly uniforms, but alot of teams go back to find something instead of trying to come up with something new. I would love if the Steelers used non-throwback alternates, and I think the rest of the town would be in an uproar.

In addition to what Ice Cap said above (in what is becoming the go-to argument against you and the other Dennisbergans), these "old school" uniforms aren't getting raved reviews in this thread. Most people are actually bashing it and I'm right there with them. Your premise is deeply flawed.

Again, I'm not talking specifically about the people in this thread. I was being more broad in my comment, as the common perception. Sorry if it sounded as though I was aiming it at people here.

Game, set, and match to me? I didn't know this was that big of a deal.

This is a logos site that talks about uniforms and logos, thus why the topic at hand is introduced. Nothing to do with the product on the field in terms of winning. But leave history as a nice memory, and occasionally using touches of throwback is ok, but not always. I hate when the Pens redid their old logo with the new colors.

2ly2w09.jpg

Well, literally, yes, but theoretically is how I was looking at it.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived