Mello Yello redesign

Tannerman

There's a new logo for Mello Yello coming soon, based off the original 1979 logo. The buzz has it that Coke is going to be putting more emphasis on the brand, which is only regionally available right now in the U.S.

Here's a look at the new bottle design:

image_melloyello_official1.jpg

There has also been some speculation that this revival of Mello Yello is due to the lackluster performance of Vault, which is still around, but obviously hasn't moved the sales needle against Mountain Dew.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has got some kind of 1970is, Miami Floridians-type thing going on here. I's aiight...

That said, I wasn't aware Mello Yello even still existed...and now I know why. Only regionally distributed...and Imma guess the Northeast ain't one of those regions.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

There has also been some speculation that this revival of Mello Yello is due to the lackluster performance of Vault, which is still around, but obviously hasn't moved the sales needle against Mountain Dew.

I'm still confused as to why they brought Surge back under a new name and hoped for the same thing. It's a fringe drink, like Tab, and it'll just have a fringe audience.

I'm still confused as to why they brought Surge back under a new name and hoped for the same thing. It's a fringe drink, like Tab, and it'll just have a fringe audience.

I have to disagree. Vault is HUGE here in Virginia, more specifically Richmond. It's advertised fairly heavy and a lot of people drink it. I see more people with Vault than I do Mountain Dew around here. As for Mello Yello, I'm excited it's being brought back and the new label looks fantastic. Now, what needs to happen is for Mountain Dew to bring back Pitch Black. Then, I will be satisfied.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I like it. Much better than the previous few. Now, if only Coke can stick to there guns and finally decide on one brand. Around here it seems like Mello Yello is usually found in restaurants (if found at all), and Vault is usually in stores. I can't say I prefer either one over Mountain Dew though.

spacer.png

I run a beverage review website on the side (which is why I posted the Mello Yello image above). From what I've been told, both brands will exist, with Vault being the "drink you go to when you need caffeine", while Mello Yello will be the "lighter, citrus" drink. Coke has a tendency to launch a brand hard and then let it falter in the wind. Vault is a good example of that. It has some regional appeal, but beyond that, it's been a rather large disappointment.

This has got some kind of 1970is, Miami Floridians-type thing going on here. I's aiight...

That said, I wasn't aware Mello Yello even still existed...and now I know why. Only regionally distributed...and Imma guess the Northeast ain't one of those regions.

I got some just last week.

Great stuff.

Like the redesign, but nothing beats this.

Yes I have a t-shirt with that logo on it.

oBIgzrL.png

We have Vault and Mello Yello here. Vault took over MY in most of the soda fountains in restaurants, but MY can still be bought in cases, and bottles, etc. I'm glad Coke is emphasizing Mello Yello again, I like it TONS better than Vault.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Great stuff.

Absolutely. Reminds me of Days of Thunder!

I love Mello Yello -- it's the one thing that gives me difficult every time I decide I'm not going to drink anymore soda. Better than Mountain Dew, in my opinion, but I love them both. Glad they sell it around these parts!

IUe6Hvh.png

Great stuff.

When I was a kid, Mello Yellow was all over the Phila. area. It suddenly disappeared at some point. I haven't noticed if it's back yet.

I like the label - kind of reminds me of what it looked like when I was a kid (not exactly, but kinda close.) That being said, it just doesn't look... "strong". If I'm not already decided on what soda I'm buying, my eye probably isn't going to be drawn to that one. The MD label just jumps out more. Not sure why - maybe because of the contrast between the white, red, and dark green, I'm not sure.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Yea last I recall seeing a mello yello here in philly was the mid 90s probably.

I would still see it tho in fountain form at some old country buffets still.

Also the 7-Eleven near me still has vault 20oz bottles.

Also the last time I saw mello yello in bottle/can form it was using this label

ccmello107.jpg

We still have Mello Yello down South...you just don't see it advertised as much and they aren't on fountain's like they used to be. Mountain Dew (Diet FTW) kind of took over and Surge or Vault never caught on.

Looking again at the new one, it really needs either black or dark green in there to provide some more contrast. Not much, just a bit. My earlier post stands.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived