Mello Yello redesign

Tannerman

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't see why Coke can't concede the citrus market to Pepsi and Pepsi can't do the same for lemon-lime... nothing Coke puts out is gonna be seen as anything but a second-rate Mountain Dew and vice versa for anything Pepsi puts out to compete with Sprite. Even 7up and Sun Drop have more of a following than Sierra Mist and whatever citrus soda Coke happens to be hockin' at the moment.

But as long as Mello Yello is being brought back, I'm glad they're doing so with a more "traditional" look and not the one that reeked of 90s "X-TREMEness."

• 2 weeks later...

I never saw the other flavored Mellow Yellows here (SE Kansas). I kind of agree with one of the posters above that Pepsi ought to give up on the lemon-lime market. Sierra Mist seems to lack flavor compared to others. Coca-Cola just needs to pick one citrus soda already and stick with it. I guess it's a good thing Fanta doesn't have a lemon-line flavor (at least in the states) or else Coke would be splitting its own business four ways.

Now, what needs to happen is for Mountain Dew to bring back Pitch Black.

No. Pitch Black can never make its glorious return. I need to be protected from myself.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just don't see why Coke can't concede the citrus market to Pepsi and Pepsi can't do the same for lemon-lime... nothing Coke puts out is gonna be seen as anything but a second-rate Mountain Dew and vice versa for anything Pepsi puts out to compete with Sprite. Even 7up and Sun Drop have more of a following than Sierra Mist and whatever citrus soda Coke happens to be hockin' at the moment.

But as long as Mello Yello is being brought back, I'm glad they're doing so with a more "traditional" look and not the one that reeked of 90s "X-TREMEness."

Mmmmmm Sun Drop. I'm surprised they even have it up there?!?

[edit] I Wikipedia'ed. I totally thought Sun Drop was a Southern thing. I guess it was Dale Earnhardt hawking it in the early '90s, and the fact that it's bottled by the same people who make Cheerwine - and sold next to it in coolers, too.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Does that mean they'll FINALLY make Diet Mello Yello soon?

I still remember the old commercials when Ernest P. Worrell always tried to get Vern to get rid of his Mountain Dew and switch to Mello Yello...

bYhYmxh.png

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Mmmmmm Sun Drop. I'm surprised they even have it up there?!?

[edit] I Wikipedia'ed. I totally thought Sun Drop was a Southern thing. I guess it was Dale Earnhardt hawking it in the early '90s, and the fact that it's bottled by the same people who make Cheerwine - and sold next to it in coolers, too.

They just "introduced" Sun Drop at my local Meijer. Apparently their reach is expanding.

.....I'm just mad about saffron, she's just mad about me.....

Electric Banana is going to be the very next phase.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

This has got some kind of 1970is, Miami Floridians-type thing going on here. I's aiight...

That said, I wasn't aware Mello Yello even still existed...and now I know why. Only regionally distributed...and Imma guess the Northeast ain't one of those regions.

Idk where you live, but I live in NY and I see it all the time.

2ry0jsl.jpg

Fast. Hard. Finish.

Sun Drop just recently went outside the borders of TN, I believe. It wasn't too long ago that they aired radio commercials practically bragging about being TN based and loyal. Guess the demand finally made them expand. Makes sense... people would take cases and cases home with them any time they came through. Or drive in to state to take it back to their stores.

Archived