Reebok F**** up Devils Green Jersey

Bobby 21

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed with a few others...

"Devils" = Red/Black

Santas = Red/Green

Even if you like the color combo (yuck), xmas ruined it for anything unrelated to the holidays. You can't wear that much green and red without it screaming christmas.

But still. It's pretty ugly. Red/Black = nice, and actually fits the brand. Red/Green... i don't get it, and it doesn't look good, either IMO.

"Devils" = Red/Black

Santas = Red/Green

Even if you like the color combo (yuck), xmas ruined it for anything unrelated to the holidays. You can't wear that much green and red without it screaming christmas.

But still. It's pretty ugly. Red/Black = nice, and actually fits the brand. Red/Green... i don't get it, and it doesn't look good, either IMO.

The Wild seem to manage.

"Devils" = Red/Black

Santas = Red/Green

The Wild seem to manage.

The whole Christmas thing is ridiculous. When I was a kid, in my hey-day of loving Christmas, I never once associated the Devils with the holiday. It never even crossed my mind. They were just a hockey team who's colors were red and green.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I think the whole "Team X has Christmas colours" argument never made sense to me. Do people accuse the Bengals and Flyers of wearing Halloween colours? No. So why are red and green teams tied to Christmas? Seems like a weak connection to make.

I think the whole "Team X has Christmas colours" argument never made sense to me. Do people accuse the Bengals and Flyers of wearing Halloween colours? No. So why are red and green teams tied to Christmas? Seems like a weak connection to make.

It's along the same lines as the dimwits who start shouting "OMG McDonalds!" every time a team debuts something in red and yellow.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

It's along the same lines as the dimwits who start shouting "OMG McDonalds!" every time a team debuts something in red and yellow.

You deserve a break today.

lol... If you guys don't see christmas with Red/Green combos, you're probably not from North America.

Or you for some reason are just fond of the combo. So you pretend to not see it.

Green/Red is most popular as a Christmas theme.

And yes. Black and Orange is the same way. It hurts anyone that tries it. See UT's "Halloween jerseys" that everyone hated due to them looking too halloween'ish.

And it doesn't matter, really. Red/Green = horrible colors for the DEVILS.

Okay, so which color schemes aren't precluded by holidays? Black and orange is Halloween, so that's out, never mind the Orioles and Bengals. Can't even tell you how many teams are out for wearing 4th of July red/white/blue. Brown and orange is kind of Thanksgiving, so change the Browns. The Colts' blue and white could potentially bring to mind any number of Jewish holidays, which would be okay if not for the fact that a "putting the 'pass' in Passover" ad campaign would be wasted on the offseason. The Buccaneers' old creamsicle orange was pretty much an Easter egg color, so that must be the real reason they got rid of them. Do the Celtics get special dispensation for St. Patrick's Day colors?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

lol... If you guys don't see christmas with Red/Green combos, you're probably not from North America.

Or maybe we just remember what colors tend to naturally complement each other.

And yes. Black and Orange is the same way. It hurts anyone that tries it. See UT's "Halloween jerseys" that everyone hated due to them looking too halloween'ish.

This is why I can't watch an Orioles game without putting on a costume and carving a pumpkin.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Or you for some reason are just fond of the combo. So you pretend to not see it.

It may be most popular as a Christmas theme, but that doesn't mean that every time I see the colors, I think of Christmas. There's no pretending there. I don't mind the Devil's red and green set, but it certainly doesn't scream Christmas to me when I look at it.

You seem to want to talk for everyone with your statements, when really, you can only speak for yourself.

It may be most popular as a Christmas theme, but that doesn't mean that every time I see the colors, I think of Christmas. There's no pretending there. I don't mind the Devil's red and green set, but it certainly doesn't scream Christmas to me when I look at it.

You seem to want to talk for everyone with your statements, when really, you can only speak for yourself.

Not to mention the Devils Red and Green jerseys dont scream Christmas to me considering there is a Devil tail and horns on it...just sayin..

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Not to mention the Devils Red and Green jerseys dont scream Christmas to me considering there is a Devil tail and horns on it...just sayin..

Maybe if the Devils signed Santa Clause and a few of the reindeer and put them on the same line, then I'd think of Christmas when they were playing. Other than that, there's not much about a hockey game that makes me think of a holiday.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As someone from New Jersey, I am fired up for Wednesday's game. I was too young at the time to remember the red green and white, but my Dad remembers it and said he loved it because they were so unique.

70389454.png

I think the same thing when I hear that red/yellow look like McDonald's. :therock:

After all, red and green are complimentary colors, exactly opposite each other on the color wheel and supposedly the most pleasing combo on the eyes (if what I was taught in art class 20 years ago is correct).

Red - Green

Orange - Blue

Yellow - Purple

87Redskins.png

I think the same thing when I hear that red/yellow look like McDonald's. :therock:

After all, red and green are complimentary colors, exactly opposite each other on the color wheel and supposedly the most pleasing combo on the eyes (if what I was taught in art class 20 years ago is correct).

Red - Green

Orange - Blue

Yellow - Purple

The best is when someone breaks out the McDonald's comment for a Chinese national team uniform.

Maybe if the Devils signed Santa Clause and a few of the reindeer and put them on the same line, then I'd think of Christmas when they were playing. Other than that, there's not much about a hockey game that makes me think of a holiday.

On Dasher, on Donner and Daneyko...

I can haz sig?

On Dasher, on Donner and Daneyko...

You win 100 Internets and a new Toyota Prius. (Car may or may not kill you, restrictions apply)

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Archived