NHL 2012

Bmac

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah, the blue just doesn't work well with that gold. At all. Even though you used the general design of Wilkes-Barre with it, that red looks much more normal than that blue. The places where you use it, like the gloves of the penguin, stick out terribly.

Also, considering the history of the franchise, and how amazingly well the traditionally-striped third jersey sells here (as well as all vintage unis in Pittsburgh, really), the team should be attempting to move away from the reebok template.

that "gold" isn't even gold at this point. When it's used in large pieces of fabric, it can't be metallic, and is reduced to khaki. It's silly looking, really, and if you've seen the Wilkes-Barre alternates that have been "gold", they look terrible.

And really, the Penguin should never be divorced from its triangle. They're not the same without one another.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

My burning eyes!! Sorry man, back to the drawing board.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

*There is another Flyers jersey for this project. It will be posted after the Pittsburgh Penguins are unveiled. Stay tuned!

So when should we expect too see it, now that you're done with the Penguins.

I have decided to save all of the extra stuff for the end. I have several Rivalry Series' that I have put together. All special events will be posted after all 30 teams are unveiled.

Penguins- ALT is still bad, H/R are a million times better.

Sharks- Good

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

St Louis Blues

2011: The Blues get new home and road jerseys. They follow the same theme as the team's pre-Edge jerseys. The old 90's trumpet logo returns, modified as a shoulder patch. The navy jersey remains the alternate.

2012: A new alternate jersey is introduced. It is blue, of course. It features the alternate logo as the crest and the blue note logo on the striping pattern. The design is inspired by the team's original jerseys.

BluesHome.png

BluesRoad.png

BluesAlt1.png

BluesAlt2.png

Also, would everyone please not quote images? My bandwidth on BOTH photobucket accounts is almost exceeded, partly because some people quote entire images. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you could go back and edit earlier posts, removing the images that are not necessary. For example, the post directly above is fine, it brings back an older thought. Do not, however re-post all of the images from the teams I just posted. Thank you.

Try flipping the stripes on the second alt to put yellow on the outside and white on the inside, flanked by navy. Almost like a music staff.

staff-music-t12887.jpg

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived