NHL 2012

Bmac

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a canucks fan that hates most of the canucks concepts out there i must say i'm impressed. what i would do is replace skating Johnny with V-Head Johnny on the navy alt. i absolutely despise that logo. Also maybe add a green stroke to the names and numbers on the H&R. Big props for ditching the orca.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

Well, I can't stand the V/Johnny logo, but I might put it on the navy jersey and post it later. For now, I will post the final team. There are special event concepts to be posted as well.

Washington Capitals

2011: An alternate jersey is unveiled. It is navy, with the "weagle" logo as the crest. The shoulder patches are simply stars. An interesting stitching design is used on the nameplates, using red stitching on the navy nameplates.

2012: The Caps take the ice in new home and road uniforms. A somewhat modern design with stars is used, the logos remain the same. A red alternate jersey featuring the old eagle logo is also released, but not worn often.

CapitalsHome.png

CapitalsRoad.png

CapitalsAlt1.png

CapitalsAlt2.png

AHHHH PIT STAINS!!!

I definitely prefer the off colour stiching to full off-colour nameplates.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I must say, it's been a ride. Thanks for giving us something to rip to shreds these past few months. Overall, great job.

:notworthy:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I'm not a fan of how much gray there is. The original concept is nice, I like it but I think a swap in color arrangement would be good. For instance, on the West jersey, replace the gray with red, and the red stars with white. On the East jersey, swap the white and gray on the sleeves and bottom of the jersey and make the red stars white.

I think gray should only be an accent color.

OttawaSenators.png

I am fine with the stars and the gray. The stars make the jersey an all-star jersey.

Every all-star jersey before this one didn't need strings of stars along the bottom. A few stars would be fine, but this amount is just self-indulgent, and a bit too similar to the Capitals jerseys, a team who are in the same division as the Hurricanes.

My NHL Rebrand Blog

Check it out and comment.

Bumpetty bump bump,

Bumpety bump bump,

Look at Frosty go...

Sorry, holiday spirit. :P

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived