NHL 2012

Bmac

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These look great, but I'd definitely not remove colors from the logos. Also, the "history" of only having the beige sweaters for only one season is unfortunate. One season is not enough. Just drop the red alt, and keep the beige and black alts in addition to the regular home and road sweaters.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

These look great, but I'd definitely not remove colors from the logos. Also, the "history" of only having the beige sweaters for only one season is unfortunate. One season is not enough. Just drop the red alt, and keep the beige and black alts in addition to the regular home and road sweaters.

Honestly, I didn't think people would like the beige jersey that much, so I didn't plan to keep it around. Seeing now how many people like it, I might change it's "status/history".

Unlike everyone else, I like what you did with the Indian head logo. Sure, it's different than tradition, but it's not major and it works with what else you've done.

On the flip side, I think you might have used just a wee bit too much beige on the home and roads, and the throwback seems gratuitous. The Winter Classic jersey is great, though, and I really like the beige jersey's logo.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Well, I'm not really sure if I have an update to make for the Blackhawks, so I am just gonna post the next team for now.

Colorado Avalanche

2011: The Avs unveil a new alternate jersey with a design based off of their pre-Edge jerseys, with a tie-in to the Nordiques days. It is blue with the alternate logo.

2012: After the success of last season's alternate jersey, the Avas unveil a new home and road jersey using the same design. All traces of black are removed from the Avs color set at this point. Another alternate jersey is also introduced. It brings back the diagonal Colorado script and classic striping design.

AvalancheHome.png

AvalancheRoad.png

AvalancheAlt2.png

AvalancheAlt1.png

the avs really need a new design and that is spot on IMO. BUT..... its that 4th jersey that kinda bugs me. the blue stripe within the sleeve and tail stripes looks kinda out there, mabye fill them with silver. and no pit stains please.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

The alt is a miss... it looks like you were searching for places to add the silver colour. It's probably unnecessary to begin with- the third jersey is strong enough to be a full-time alt.

I like that you brought back the 'mountains' for the hemline and sleeves. It's not the Avalanche without them. I think they were one of the worst casualties of the Edge era. The blue pants are also a plus- I always hated the black in their uniforms.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I hate this so-called team with a passion, but these sweaters are pretty slick I must admit. Losing the gray underarms on the 4th was a huge improvement. It's hard to pick a "favorite" of the bunch, but I do like the nod to the Nords in the 3rds, and the two primaries actually make the lack of black work (as opposed to the current Edge jerseys).

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I like the change from sleeve length shoulders to just the sleeve cuffs. I always felt the long shoulder pattern they used to have witht he high helmline constricted on the uniform. Your design really opens it up with keeping the classic rocky mountain motif alive. Cool call on blue for the white uniform numbers, it freshens it up and breaks up the burgandy.

The blue alt with the foot logo doesn't do it. There is simply too much blue, and the foot logo is not strong enough in my opinion to stand as a crest. Plus, there are enough primary secondary logo switches. Your design was too respectable to simpley colour swap for the alternate.

The second alternate is much better however. The blue is broken up better with the burgandy shoulders, and the rest of the colours in combination with the striping holds up in better proportion to the palette swap one.

One thing on the Blackhawks uniforms. You did a good job working with a team that's hard to update. I just think you should change the face from the current tan to the beige you used everywhere else on the uniform.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Columbus Blue Jackets

2011: As expected, the Jackets introduce a new alternate jersey. It isn't quite what everyone expected, with a cannon logo and the wordmark above it.

2012: The Blue Jackets get new home and road jerseys, adding more of a unique look to their RBK Edge jerseys. A gray jersey is also released, featuring the alternate logo.

BlueJacketsHome-1.png

BlueJacketsRoad-1.png

BlueJacketsAlt2.png

BlueJacketsAlt1.png

I've got to take issue with the grey Blue Jackets sweater. The Blue Jackets are named in honour of the uniforms worn by the Union armies in the US Civil War. Who did they fight? The Confederate army, who wore grey*.

Now a grey alternate for the Thrashers that they'll wear against the blue-clad Blue Jackets? I would be up for that :P

*well officially anyway.

I really don't like these... I especially dislike what you did for the Ducks.

When I think concepts, I think radically-altered logos, colors and unis. All these are are subtle re-touches to what teams are currently wearing, and then not very risky, daring or controversial (see: conservative, muted, boring) thirds and alts.

Spice it up would ya!!?

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

Dallas Stars

2011: The Stars introduce a new alternate jersey (replacing the 2nd white jersey), green with a look that goes back to the days of the North Stars.

2012: Green becomes very popular among the fans, and a new home and road jersey are unveiled. The home jersey is green, but it's not as traditional as the alternate. In fact, the design a a modernization of the late 90's/early 2000's look. The arched DALLAS wordmarks are kept from the previous look. A new black jersey is also introduced, with no white to be found.

StarsHome-1.png

StarsRoad-1.png

StarsAlt1.png

StarsAlt2.png

Archived