NHL 2012

Bmac

COLUMBUS: the horizontal stripes are a nice thouch, good subtle change. the first alt is a no no due to the fact that its grey which is what the confederates wore during the civil war. switch the grey and white and it will be much more appropriate. the seconed alt is really out there but i like it.

DALLAS: WOAH O_____O. those home and roads are uh ...nice. i like em ...ALOT. I'm partial on the wordmark/number thing but they both look waaay better than the current home and roads. the black alt is pretty nice but i dont know how readable the names and numbers would be from a distance, though i do like the lack of white. IMO i think the current home would be a better choice instead. now the green alt, DAMN that jersey is fine. i would buy that in a heart beat.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dallas is definitely the best so far IMO. Really cool stuff. I don't follow hockey too much, but I do remember that my favorite jersey was always the Stars when I played NHL 98! The only problem I have with this is the arm stripes. I feel like both should be either straight or curved. What I would do is make the top stipe (closest to the shoulder) curved to match the other.

Nice work!

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Before I saw your ideas for Dallas' new home/roads, I absolutely hated the DALLAS wordmsark they use on their jerseys. Now, I absolutely love those wordmarks, because you made it look so much better.

Also, that last alternate really reminds me of the Northstars. Is that what you were going for? I like it.

Punch9

By making the jerseys themselves the showpiece, you've made the plain 'DALLAS' wordmark acceptable. With their current plain jerseys, the wordmark looks like a cheap basketball knock-off or something, but with yours, the star on the jersey is almost a logo in itself, so the wordmark is appropriate.

That said, perhaps you should make the bottom points of the star just a little bit bigger? Right now, there's a LOT of green on that white sweater.

And don't feel obligated to make an arseload of alternates for every set- with those home and aways, you don't need any alts- they just drag down the rest of the set.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

COLUMBUS: the horizontal stripes are a nice thouch, good subtle change. the first alt is a no no due to the fact that its grey which is what the confederates wore during the civil war. switch the grey and white and it will be much more appropriate. the seconed alt is really out there but i like it.

DALLAS: WOAH O_____O. those home and roads are uh ...nice. i like em ...ALOT. I'm partial on the wordmark/number thing but they both look waaay better than the current home and roads. the black alt is pretty nice but i dont know how readable the names and numbers would be from a distance, though i do like the lack of white. IMO i think the current home would be a better choice instead. now the green alt, DAMN that jersey is fine. i would buy that in a heart beat.

Yeah, I considered that. I originally had green numbers outlined in black then gold, and those were even worse. I think this is the best I could do without using any white.

Dallas is definitely the best so far IMO. Really cool stuff. I don't follow hockey too much, but I do remember that my favorite jersey was always the Stars when I played NHL 98! The only problem I have with this is the arm stripes. I feel like both should be either straight or curved. What I would do is make the top stipe (closest to the shoulder) curved to match the other.

Nice work!

When I first made them, I had it all straight, but I didn't think it flowed very well. Then I used the curved stripes from the current set, but is was still stright on one side. I updated the home and roads with curved stripes.

Before I saw your ideas for Dallas' new home/roads, I absolutely hated the DALLAS wordmsark they use on their jerseys. Now, I absolutely love those wordmarks, because you made it look so much better.

Also, that last alternate really reminds me of the Northstars. Is that what you were going for? I like it.

Punch9

Yep, I based it off of the 1975-1978 North Stars look.

By making the jerseys themselves the showpiece, you've made the plain 'DALLAS' wordmark acceptable. With their current plain jerseys, the wordmark looks like a cheap basketball knock-off or something, but with yours, the star on the jersey is almost a logo in itself, so the wordmark is appropriate.

That said, perhaps you should make the bottom points of the star just a little bit bigger? Right now, there's a LOT of green on that white sweater.

And don't feel obligated to make an arseload of alternates for every set- with those home and aways, you don't need any alts- they just drag down the rest of the set.

It's difficult enough as it is to narrow down all of my ideas into just four jerseys! ^_^

Here is a small update:

StarsHome1.png

StarsRoad1.png

StarsAlt1.png

StarsAlt2.png

First off, I love the North Stars inspired Alternate. You toke what is arguably the best looking jersey in North Stars History and gave it a great update. That being said I never was a fan of the collegiate script the Stars use and slapping it on their 90's template doesnt help at all. The script feels trapped and compressed. I would reccomend replacing the script with the primary logo but then you would just have the 90's set adapted to the Edge. I wouldnt mind seeing the Green Third used as the primary with a white version. Just my opinions though, keep up the good work, most of this series is stellar already.

Dallas Stars

2011: The Stars introduce a new alternate jersey (replacing the 2nd white jersey), green with a look that goes back to the days of the North Stars.

2012: Green becomes very popular among the fans, and a new home and road jersey are unveiled. The home jersey is green, but it's not as traditional as the alternate. In fact, the design a a modernization of the late 90's/early 2000's look. The arched DALLAS wordmarks are kept from the previous look. A new black jersey is also introduced, with no white to be found.

StarsHome-1.png

StarsRoad-1.png

StarsAlt1.png

StarsAlt2.png

I'm feelin' that green alternate. THAT is what they should wear for home games. How about 3 stars down the side of the pants and "DALLAS" above the word "STARS"? The lace-up collar's a cool nod to their history and tradition of Hockey in Minnesota.

Some comments-

Flames--interesting take on combining the current Flames jerseys and the previous ones.. But if they eliminate the vertical on the main ones---why do the alts the way you did on the horse head unis?

And the bald horse with flaming snot is dead.

But I like the old style unis a lot.

Stars--I love the idea of the old Minnesota era unis coming back.

It's one of the few unis in green I actually like.

Nice adaptation to keep the Stars identity but flash back in time at the same time.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

• 2 weeks later...

Detroit Red Wings

2011: The Red Wings make their Winter Classic jersey, with a few modifications, a full time alternate.

2012: The Red Wings make a minor change to their classic winged wheel logo, which is updated on the jerseys. A new alternate jersey is introduced, inspired by the old Detroit Cougars and Falcons jerseys.

RedWingsHome.png

RedWingsRoad.png

RedWingsAlt1.png

RedWingsAlt2.png

redwingscomparison.png

Not sure I'm feeling that alt (the striped sections, especially on the waist, look enormous).

On the other hand, the update you did on the winged wheel looks pretty bad-ass.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

They'd be saving a fortune using the same breezers for all 4 sets :P

Great work though! I was kind of anxious to see what you'd do with such a classic team like Detroit. Really well done though! Love the updates on the logo as well. Subtle, but well designed.

northstars.jpg

Nice. That 4th jersey is pretty crazy. The new wing wheel is cool. How about arching the names?

I went back and forth on that, and ultimately decided they would be changed for the new home an road jerseys. I felt that that would be a part of the modernization of the jerseys.

The multistriped socks should be used with the alt 1 jersey.

The alt 2 jersey is incredibly well done.

At first, I was going to do something like that, but I thought it would be better to match the jersey.

I don't have an update for the Red Wings, so the Oilers are coming up soon...

Edmonton Oilers

2011: The Oilers take the ice in new home and road jerseys. The colors are navy and orange, a mix of eras. The classic striping design returns, and a new collar is used. A new shoulder patch is also added. The team later unveils a new alternate jersey, a RBK Edge version of their old 3rd jersey. The oil drop logo returns.

2012: With the success of the navy oil drop alternate jersey the previous season, a new white version is released.

OilersHome.png

OilersRoad.png

OilersAlt1.png

OilersAlt2.png

Archived