NHL 2012

Bmac

Really like the home and away for the Oilers. The orange sleeve cuffs are a great touch, and I'm glad you didn't go back to the royal blue.

On the flipside, the alts seem a little unnecessary. As AnythingChicago21 said, it may as well be two full concepts.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Florida Panthers

The Panthers uniform future is a bit of a mess. With much talk of the team possibly leaving Florida, the Panthers struggle to find a suitable identity.

2011: In an unexpected move, the Panthers wear their 3rd jerseys at home, with a matching white version on the road.

2012: After just one season, the team has another set of home and road jerseys. This time, the jerseys are back to the RBK Edge design, with some changes. Light blue has becoming increasingly popular among the fans, and it is used here. A new, modified panther logo is unveiled. As if all that wasn't enough, the Panthers unveil an alternate jersey. It is primarily navy, with the new panther logo. The team's original red jersey is "hidden" underneath.

The Panthers wear the 2011 white jerseys a few times as a road alternate, causing confusion as to how many jerseys a team can have. The NHL informs the Panthers they may only have four jerseys, one must be eliminated. That is wear the fans come in...

2011:

PanthersAlt1.png

PanthersAlt2.png

2012:

PanthersHome.png

PanthersRoad.png

PanthersAlt3.png

panthersb4andafter.png

I absolutely despise the Penguins ripoff, light blue third Panthers jersey and the logo that goes with it. And unfortunately the Cats seem to be building more of their marketing look around it this year :mad:

I can't say I like the full body logo with the new head you've come up with either. The first two light blue jerseys you have here are better than the latter 3 designs by far, but they don't look right at all for the Panthers. I would like to see a detail of the shoulder patches you have. I love the Panthers palm tree/hockey stick logo, and it looks like you've modified that slightly. Also the "FP" patch looks to me to be better than the actual lame "FLA" patch they wear on the alts.

As a fan, I would prefer them wearing the current whites at home, blues on the road, a red version of those as an alt and also occasionally a red throwback circa '96.

Why don't you try to use the new gold colour from the logo on the jersey? Real gold, navy and red may actually look good.

The light blue is really killing this set. If you ditched the apron-piping on the last alt, made the body of the jersey red, made the yellow into gold, it'd have potential, I think.

Oh, and get rid of the red top part on those socks, it'd just look wrong.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

I would like to see a detail of the shoulder patches you have. I love the Panthers palm tree/hockey stick logo, and it looks like you've modified that slightly. Also the "FP" patch looks to me to be better than the actual lame "FLA" patch they wear on the alts.

Yeah, I touched up their alternate logos. Here is what I came up with:

panthersaltlogo5.pngpanthersaltlogo6.png

Why don't you try to use the new gold colour from the logo on the jersey? Real gold, navy and red may actually look good.

I had originally tried that, it was used in the piping. But I concluded that it didn't look good with navy, it sort of got washed out and hard to see. I might post an example later.

I'm not sure where to go with an update, any more comments?

The Panthers uniform future is a bit of a mess. With much talk of the team possibly leaving Florida, the Panthers struggle to find a suitable identity.

2011: In an unexpected move, the Panthers wear their 3rd jerseys at home, with a matching white version on the road.

2012: After just one season, the team has another set of home and road jerseys. This time, the jerseys are back to the RBK Edge design, with some changes. Light blue has becoming increasingly popular among the fans, and it is used here. A new, modified panther logo is unveiled. As if all that wasn't enough, the Panthers unveil an alternate jersey. It is primarily navy, with the new panther logo. The team's original red jersey is "hidden" underneath.

Why? From what I've heard from fans and people on these boards is that the Panthers original red jerseys were their best. Im sorry but that blue panel you arbitrarily slapped on the front and lined with piping (god I hate piping on hockey jerseys) looks awful. Breaks up the great striping pattern of the original and results in a mess. A modified throwback would looks worlds better though I do like the new logo you made for it.

Mmmm.... that red is beautiful. Such a great look.

Also, I really like the modified palm tree/stick shoulder patch. Make the tree trunk red again and that's a real nice subtle update. If they want to do an alt with a circular logo on the front, that should be the one they use. That's about as far as the Panthers should go as far as rebranding goes. The "FP" one is better than the current "FLA", but I still prefer the original palm tree logo.

• 3 weeks later...

Los Angeles Kings

2011: The Gretzky-era colors are very popular among the fanbase, so the Kings wear the 3rd jersey at home and create a matching white version for the road. A retro alternate is also introduced...well somewhat retro anyway. The Kings bring back the gold they used on the 90's Burger King jersey and use it for their alternate jersey. It ends up being more of a mustard color. The crown logo is re-worked and used as the crest.

2012: Another alternate jersey is introduced, using purple, gold, silver, and black. A diagonal Kings script is used on the front.

KingsHome.png

KingsRoad.png

KingsAlt1.png

KingsAlt2.png

I love the 'KINGS' font you used on the second alternate. On the other hand, the shade of gold you used looks a lot more like honey mustard than actual gold. You're probably best off just using their historic athletic gold colour.

Dallas Stars

2011: The Stars introduce a new alternate jersey (replacing the 2nd white jersey), green with a look that goes back to the days of the North Stars.

2012: Green becomes very popular among the fans, and a new home and road jersey are unveiled. The home jersey is green, but it's not as traditional as the alternate. In fact, the design a a modernization of the late 90's/early 2000's look. The arched DALLAS wordmarks are kept from the previous look. A new black jersey is also introduced, with no white to be found.

StarsHome-1.png

StarsRoad-1.png

StarsAlt1.png

StarsAlt2.png

I'd like to see a tribute to the old Minnesota Northstars in Dallas' uniforms.

"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy." Benjamin Franklin

Archived