Your favorite scoreboard

BigMac12

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great topic. These things have always fascinated me.

The one in the Saddledome is probably the largest (hanging) scoreboard I've ever seen in my years of watching sports (outside of JerryWorld).

Some favorites that I've seen in person, respectively:

-Jobing.com Arena

-Turner Field, when installed, the largest HD screen in the world

-and Thompson-Boling Arena here at UT, simply because we had nothing of the sort for the first 20 years of the arena's existence- just 2 corner mounted screens like Kentucky and UNC have. Those still remain, even though no one looks at them.

newscoreboard.jpgturner.jpg1111boling1_t300.jpg

Though I haven't seen it in person yet, I'm quite proud of what the Preds currently have in Bridgestone Arena-

2359773116_09ea21e30e.jpg

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

I have not seen many, but I'll post the Sabres & Bills new scoreboards.....

Photo002.jpg

So much better than the older one, especially since has not fallen to the ice. I love the little logos and swords under the screen, however they had to cover those up for the NCAA tournament.

83389612.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548450E94DB320BC517F6F0F2CBD6CEC3C4E070A52AD43795BCE30A760B0D811297

Huge HD screen is the entire black portion, that was installed two seasons ago. The old one was the size of that Pepsi advertisement.

saBS.png

Mind you, I've only been to two arenas (the Palace and The Q), and only one time was it for a sporting event; and that was the Cavs game on sunday.

I personally love their scoreboard. The fact that the swords fold down almsot 90 degrees to allow flames to shoot out is amazing.

QuickenLoansArena.jpg

swords_061108_02.jpg

Cavs_Opener_6512.jpg

[old for comparison]

That Sabres scoreboard looks super nice.

And that Kauffman satdium is very nice looking as well.

Of couse I'm also partial to the Indians' scoreboard, which has been converted into one huge HD screen.

Progressive_Field.JPG

[old for comparison]

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I know its biased but I love the phillies scoreboard, I like that its one dot matrix screen and one video screem, both pretty big.

philliesscobod.jpg

Of course the royals one is gorgeous as well

and to choose an old baseball scoreboard I really like how the white sox one was in old comiskey

oldcomiskey.jpg

The one at the US Cellular field looks OK, not as cool tho as the old one, the ads going along the left and right of the one at the cell, makes it stand out much less, also the information screen should've been on the it, instead its off to the right somewhere.

I know the old comiskey did change the scoreboard with straighter pinwheel poles, still looked cool and better than the current version does at the cell imo.

I'm going with Yankee Stadium because of its closed captioning.

alg_pavano-scoreboard.jpg

With a scoreboard that big, it's a shame they only show a few out-of-town scores at a time (when there's no closed captioning teasing poor Carl Pavano, they show a couple of more scores). Drives me nuts whenever I go there. Either make room on the main scoreboard or use the hand-operated ones in the fence for out-of-town scores.

I'm going with Yankee Stadium because of its closed captioning.

alg_pavano-scoreboard.jpg

With a scoreboard that big, it's a shame they only show a few out-of-town scores at a time (when there's no closed captioning teasing poor Carl Pavano, they show a couple of more scores). Drives me nuts whenever I go there. Either make room on the main scoreboard or use the hand-operated ones in the fence for out-of-town scores.

That picture is priceless. Closed captioning really wanted to send a message there.

I agree about the Out of Town Scores, that was one of my favorite features at Shea, and I think the Yanks keep missing the boat on it.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I see no contest.

Kauffman-Stadium-Scoreboard.jpg

I've never been to Kaufmann a day in my life, but I've seen it on TV a few times, and I've found myself in awe of both that and the fountains every time. One of these days I hope to go see them (And KC itself) in person.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived