2011 Final Four Logo

uk-owns-iu

That quite simply is the best Final Four logo of all-time.

Houston, we have a problem...

Whoever awards the CC Post of the Day ... we have a leading candidate right here.

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

If you want a mailed-in logo, I saw the 2011 women's logo tonight. There is absolutely nothing that represents Indianapolis in that logo at all except for the word "Indianapolis."

These "use the same font and same words in the exact same way every year" logos the NCAA has and that the Super Bowl logos will become just don't say anything special about the tournament/game or host city at all. Nothing.

The "2011 Houston" font looks familiar. Is it the La Kings?

It's Serpentine and one of the more overused fonts that nobody knows about of all time.

Ugh, Serpentine. This isn't a Limp Bizkit album. It's a sports logo! Why do people insist on using Serpentine?

It's Serpentine and one of the more overused fonts that nobody knows about of all time.

Ugh, Serpentine. This isn't a Limp Bizkit album. It's a sports logo! Why do people insist on using Serpentine?

They did it all for the nookie...

I saw, I came, I left.

If you want a mailed-in logo, I saw the 2011 women's logo tonight. There is absolutely nothing that represents Indianapolis in that logo at all except for the word "Indianapolis."

These "use the same font and same words in the exact same way every year" logos the NCAA has and that the Super Bowl logos will become just don't say anything special about the tournament/game or host city at all. Nothing.

This is the logo apeman's referring to

2011womensfinalfourlogo.jpg

Agreed, it's BLAND! At least put something that represents Indianapolis like Lucas Oil Field in the 2010 Men's final 4 logo

2010FinalFour.png

They did it all for the nookie...

wait so they don't have to take that cookie?

The Houston patch is veryy bland and far from ok. Actually it looks like clip art IMO. Serpentine kinda looks like the fonts that NASA has used a bunch but that doesn't make it ok. Poor execution and I can't think that was the best choice available.

The basketball in the Women's logo is probablygiving a nod to the Stadium, but originally, basketballs had laces too.

There's also no guarantee that it will take place at Lucas Oil Stadium. The NCAA's website states it as "Site TBD". With each of the Final Fours through 2015 being held in regular arenas, I would guess there might be a chance this takes place at Conseco Fieldhouse. Also, IIRC, the RCA Dome wasn't exactly packed the last time the Women's Final Four was in town (2005). The only game I watched of it then was Tennessee's semifinal game, and I couldn't take my eyes off those empty or tarped off seats every time they were visible. It appears they have no intention of returning the women to the Georgia Dome, Alamodome (after this year), or any dome any time soon.

Oh, and Indy is the site again in 2016, also saying Site TBD. This of course means 4 crappy Indianapolis Final Four logos in 6 years. (Men are back in 2015.)

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

Archived