Marlins Logo (UPDATE)

Billsballerc

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while. So as we all know the Marlins will be moving into their new retractable-roof ball park in a couple of years and the organization is overhauling their logo set. So here is a logo that i keep sketching. Sorry it's not a very clean computer graphic like some of you can make, I'm not very good with digital design but i can draw. Basically what i tried to do is base this off of the marlins current logo but modify the dorsal fin and instead of having a full body just the head. I also have changed the teal to a dark blue. I came up with the color because it is more accurate to what a marlin looks like and it is the same color as the seats in the stadium renderings. So tell me what you think, C&C is appreciated! Thanks guys.Picture186.jpg

Alright! you guys asked for it and here it is! added up an element to the logo that i've messed with before, inserting the "miami" into the dorsal fin. I also switched the way it is facing, changed the dark blue to teal, and tried to make the marlin "fiercer" again any more comments are appreciated! Thanks!

Picture188.jpg

Picture192.jpg

Picture191.jpg

Picture190.jpg

Picture189.jpg

Picture193.jpg

MLynch01.pnghr1_RBI.png

I actually really like this idea. I agree on the fierceness point others have brought up. This has the same taxidermist mount, lifeless eye syndrome that the current logos have.... granted it's hard to notice considering these days the only place you'll see a Marlins logo with an actual marlin in it is on the team's caps. Trust me, I know, I work for the team in the creative services department and we can't use the primary logo or the "F" on anything because they signify Florida as opposed to Miami. Plus we can't use any significant amount of teal. It's gonna change unless the fans speak up and do something about it, but you didn't hear that from me.... PLEASE SPEAK UP FELLOW TEAL LOVING MARLINS FANS OUT THERE! *ahem*

Dream come true working for the team but struggling to live with the maddening branding dictates handed down from the owner lol.

Anyway, I'd play with the eye as mentioned, make it a bit more menacing, and I'd remove the side fin(it wouldn't be that high up on the body). Also the dorsal fin looks a bit too curved to me. And if possible I'd love to see a teal version :D

Great concept. I just noticed this has a little bit of a subliminal diamond shape too, which is good for baseball.

Alright, Thank you for your suggestions and i will find some time to make those changes. And i would love to make a teal version. I also love the teal, i just figured this might be a realistic color for the up coming change. Again thanks guys really appreciate it!

MLynch01.pnghr1_RBI.png

I like it. I like where the marlin intertwines with the M.

Another idea would have the bottom fin of the Marlin but the v shape in the top of the M.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Try putting it in the middle of the V of the M. With the M in front, either straight up and down or slightly to the right.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Archived