College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

It might be a tad early, but spring practice last year was when I caught the first uniform change: Tech's older gold helmet shells...which turned up to be a slight uniform change. So I figure it's time to start a thread to start posting new uniforms.

Georgia State will embark on it's first season of football. Spring practice gave us a look at their helmet shells. Kentucky blue with white facemasks...but no metallic.

slideshow_1506053_gsufoot_0324_ba12.jpg

slideshow_1506048_gsufoot_0324_ba05.jpg

(interesting helmet-facemask)

It will be interesting to see what the Panthers look like, because red and black always sneak into their logos...and sometimes sneak into their uniforms. They can't quite decide what their colors are...but from the looks of spring practice--the shirts and pants--everything looks blue and white.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I've heard is speculation that FSU will be getting new uniforms. The most consistent rumor is the current uniform design on the pro-combat template.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Colorado State will be getting new uniforms as well.

Rams get football uniform makeover

By Natalie Meisler

Denver Post

Just got off the phone with Steve Fairchild about Colorado State?s new football uniforms.

?Russell is going to do something specifically for CSU and no other school will have them,? Fairchild said. The helmets will remain unchanged, but the long-time Nike footwear switches to custom-made shoes by Under Armour, the branding du jour for athletes.

There is a chance, he said, of following the national trend and breaking out retro uniforms like the basketball team did recently. That?s right, a color scheme with Aggies orange and green (or pumpkin and alfalfa in the official school announcements).

You love it or hate. There?s no in between. If I thought the orange basketball jerseys looked bad in person, they were worse when I caught a replay on The Mtn. I am in the minority on this issue.

Fairchild said the Rams will not follow the all-black trend. It has nothing to do with black being arch-rival Colorado?s color. He hadn?t thought about it until the subject was raised.

Players and staff will have input and the final design won?t be unveiled until before the season. Fairchild is undecided whether to introduce them in a press conference (or fashion show) setting.

The big priority now is interviewing candidates for the staff vacancy. He won?t give any hints but interviews are ongoing.

"Mr. President, call in the National Guard! Send as many men as you can spare! Because we are killing the Patriots! They need emergency help!" - Shannon Sharpe

74_26637.jpg Michigan away

I'm pretty sure that's just a really :censored:ty replica.

Yeah, that's the same crappy replica they've been selling ever since Adidas took over at UM.

thank god, i wish they would just go back to the brady/henson era aways, i really like those

UCF is officially a Nike school, which means new uniforms to be unveiled later this summer. Michigan State is darkening the green, possibly updating uniforms. Iowa has introduced a one-time throwback with yellow helmets.

Rumors: Arizona (keeping/modifying white helmets?), North Carolina (charcoal helmet?), Clemson (more traditional top to match last year's pants), Virginia Tech (New throwback-inspired tops with UCLA/Indy Colts-like shoulder stripes).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

UCF is officially a Nike school, which means new uniforms to be unveiled later this summer. Michigan State is darkening the green, possibly updating uniforms. Iowa has introduced a one-time throwback with yellow helmets.

Rumors: Arizona (keeping/modifying white helmets?), North Carolina (charcoal helmet?), Clemson (more traditional top to match last year's pants), Virginia Tech (New throwback-inspired tops with UCLA/Indy Colts-like shoulder stripes).

So basically, what VT's been wearing for the past few years? (Not the modern duds, of course)

Arizona is getting new ones, somebody on another board that it something like what The U wore in the bowl game.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/2010/02/03/stoops-close-to-hiring-offensive-coordinator-new-unis-and-other-notes/

NEW UNIS

Stoops said Arizona is tweaking its uniforms for next season, and that he wouldn’t rule out using the white helmets, which the Wildcats wore for the first team in his tenure during the Holiday Bowl loss at Nebraska.

“We’re going to have a bunch of different looks that we will be able to accessorize our players with,” Stoops said. “That is kind of the fad we’re in right now with kids and players. We’re trying to keep up with it.

“If it makes them happy, then I’m happy. I really don’t care what we wear.”

Stoops said the uniforms would be “more toward our old look and a little more traditional but still modern” … whatever that means.

At least the colors will stay the same.

arizonawildcatsbs4.png

74_26637.jpg Michigan away

I'm pretty sure that's just a really :censored:ty replica.

Yeah, that's the same crappy replica they've been selling ever since Adidas took over at UM.

thank god, i wish they would just go back to the brady/henson era aways, i really like those

How about the Jamie Morris/Harbaugh era jerseys when Harbaugh takes over in 2011 (RichieRod is a sitting duck). I wouldn't be suprised if new AD David Brandon does void the current deal with Adidas and go back to Nike. trust me, the SWOOSH works like magic.

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Local sports talk radio shows have indicated that UVA will be getting new uniforms next year. One thing they've released so far is the elimination of, what they call, the "goat horns" on the helmet. They're referring to the center stripes like the ones the Tennessee Titans have. One of my friends said that he heard that their new coach Mike London is not a fan of the V with sabres and has all intentions of bringing the block V back as the primary logo. I'm not sure I buy that and even if it's true, UVA is just now getting around to standardizing all their sports with that logo so I doubt a change that significant would be approved. Should be interesting.

How about the Jamie Morris/Harbaugh era jerseys when Harbaugh takes over in 2011 (RichieRod is a sitting duck). I wouldn't be suprised if new AD David Brandon does void the current deal with Adidas and go back to Nike. trust me, the SWOOSH works like magic.

There is absolutely zero chance that happens. The deal with adidas is worth far more in both money and product than what Nike offered. Not to mention the huge financial penalty that is in the contract if it is violated.

Yep. Unfortunately they'll stick with Adidas... which sucks for those of us that buy a lot of UM apparel.

And the newer UM jersey has curved stripes under the arms that wrap up the back.

TATE-FORCIER-11-1509%281%29-thumb-537x407-16164.jpg

Staying that way, as far as I know. Though I kind of like the plain 3-striped practice jerseys more than these.

Local sports talk radio shows have indicated that UVA will be getting new uniforms next year. One thing they've released so far is the elimination of, what they call, the "goat horns" on the helmet. They're referring to the center stripes like the ones the Tennessee Titans have. One of my friends said that he heard that their new coach Mike London is not a fan of the V with sabres and has all intentions of bringing the block V back as the primary logo. I'm not sure I buy that and even if it's true, UVA is just now getting around to standardizing all their sports with that logo so I doubt a change that significant would be approved. Should be interesting.

Yeah, I really don't see any way that the administration would let that fly.

Archived