College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

you can thank the '94 49ers throwbacks for fueling that trend...drop shadowed numbers are really cool in moderation but like most trends in cfb everyone jumps on the bandwagon until the next big design trend comes along.

One more drop-shadowed college football team from the 90s: Colorado (I don't think they've been mentioned yet).

koy-detmer-colorado-buffaloes-autographed-photograph-3310881.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think drop shadows are tacky. I'm fine with them, it's just the overuse of them in the 90's was a bit much. I'd rather see dropshadows than see the stupid piping and shorter sleeves of today.

CSU to `Orange Out' stadium, needs fan help to decide uniform combination

By Zak Gilbert

Athletic Media Relations

Pumpkin and alfalfa.

When the Aggies won their first eight conference championships under legendary coach Harry Hughes, those were two of the school colors.

Pumpkin and alfalfa will be the school colors again Sept. 25 when the Rams begin their Fort Collins schedule at Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium. That afternoon, a 2 p.m. Ag Day kickoff against Idaho, as part of their new set of green and gold uniforms designed by Russell, the Rams will debut an orange jersey.

CSU's ram-horn helmets will not change but with the orange jersey the team has three pants options: White, green or gold. Before deciding on one of those options, Head Coach Steve Fairchild is asking for fan feedback on what combination looks best.

To vote for an option, fans are invited to visit a special page on CSURams.com, and leave their comments.

http://www.csurams.c.../070810aac.html

070810-Orange-Out-Pant-Options.jpg

Here's the page for Rams' fans to vote for the pants (Options are above): http://www.csurams.c...iform-poll.html

sport-scarf_dortmund_zps9338859f.png

I voted Green/Orange/Green.

So cool

Green/Orange/Green certainly looks much sharper than the reverse...

FAMU-TSU.jpg

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Didn't realize we have an NFL team employing the drop shadow:

ronnie-brown.jpg

Can anyone argue those are not the worst uniforms in pro football? Count the number of stripes on the pants.

Hi, have you met the Buffalo Bills?

Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+Buffalo+Bills+5CZh6GAOjI8l.jpg

BILLS%2BAWAY%2B3.jpg

Give me the Dolphins any day.

ronnie-brown.jpg

Can anyone argue those are not the worst uniforms in pro football? Count the number of stripes on the pants.

The drop shadows need to go, without a doubt. Drop those and Miami has a top five set instead of where it is now in the 10ish range. Although, that picture is from 2005, the drop shadows were trimmed a bit since then.

Ronnie-Brown-dui.jpg

CHAD-HENNE-DOLPHINS-thumb-537x412-20192.jpg

As for the stripes on the pants, at least they match the helmet stripes!

dolphins2.png

ronnie-brown.jpg

Hi, have you met the Buffalo Bills?

Pittsburgh+Steelers+v+Buffalo+Bills+5CZh6GAOjI8l.jpg

BILLS%2BAWAY%2B3.jpg

Give me the Dolphins any day.

the bills are just a mess...both their uniforms and the team. I'm sorry to all Bills fans but they just seem like an very "bush-league" organization.

Yeah, that's worse than the dolphins. Back to the topic at hand; I was at the Notre Dame Campus Book Store and saw that they are selling jerseys with the regular Adidas football template that other Adidas schools wear. Is this new or has Notre Dame been using this?

Back to the College Uniforms discussion, I just interviewed the play-by-play voice of the MTSU Blue Raiders (tape delayed interview for Saturday morning show) and he said he doesn't think there will be any major changes to the MTSU Nike uniforms this season. We have another Blackout on the schedule, so I assume silver/black/black again there, and open the season with a True Blue game (Sept 2nd, on ESPNU hosting Minnesota) which is also the "College Colors" kickoff game as well. Chip didn't mention the combo, but I'd bet some Floyd Stadium nachos we go silver/blue/blue here.

What caught my attention most, though, is when he fondly brought up the silver pants which returned last year. We all agree that the color was a bit off, so they looked dingy--and he said he'd rather them be traditionally striped or I think even plain, rather than Bronco-swooshed--but I had no idea of the purpose of the silver pants. They were actually brought back (I believe by Coach Rick Stockstill) as a salute to former coach Boots Donnelly, whose silver/blue/silver Blue Raiders tore some folks up in the OVC era. Furthermore, the pants have been kept in the arsenal as a symbol of honor and pride. If the seniors feel a game is of particular pride and importance, they can go to the coach and request to bust out the silver britches to show just how important they feel that win is--and in a way, shout back to the Blue Raider tradition.

Ordinarily, I'm against crazy excess, like the double-black combo. I dislike that this gives us 3 tops (blue, white, black), 4 pants (blue, white, black, silver), and the iconic silver helmets. However...it salutes the success of the past, works a little gray into the identity, is a less subtle statement than the lightning bolt helmet sticker, and (with some tweaks) could look really solid. A step closer to those 80s Dallas-Cowboy-Wannabe, 2d-helmet-on-the-sleeve uniforms? You had me at silver britches...

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

MTSU's black unis are nasty. Personally I don't see why they don't just go with the silver pants full time. Would look much better than white or blue, and would tie-in with the helmet better.

Well, looks like whoever said that the UW home jerseys were going to match the away jersey, was correct.

newuni-thumb-300x300-15479.jpg

Heres some good Uni rumors from the Seattle Times Blog

Husky Football Blog

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

Archived