College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

I was at the Univ of Georgia bookstore today, and I noticed they're selling off a lot of player worn items (black helmets and black jerseys). I'm wondering, do you all think this means they won't wear these jerseys again? I don't care about the helmets because I personally did not like those, but blackouts in Athens are great, especially because the black jerseys actually look nice and go with the uniform. I'd hope they're not done with the black jerseys. I wonder if they are just selling off the seniors jerseys because the one I looked at was from a senior (not sure about the others, though).

FORMER UGA Athletic director Damon Evans stated Georgia would no longer tinker with alternate looks. The black helmets were a bit much, and the combo worn vs. Florida overall was a bit much.

But the black pants and black jerseys could work nicely into a few sets. But, according to Evans all black garments except for shoes and socks will no longer be worn...for a while.

But Evans had to resign because of side-poon!! Not sure if the uniform protocol will change. The only time I see black making it's way back in is if Georgia starts winning and the fans come out to promote a black-out, much like they did vs. Kentucky last year. Then the black jerseys could come back...the team might even have to get new ones because I'm pretty sure the stuff is gone. The "black team" wore white in the G Day game.

That's true about Evans. I suppose the only time we'll see anything is if the players earn it throughout the season. In regards to the uniform sets, as long as the black helmets are gone, then I wouldn't mind an occasional break from the silver britches. I think when they wear the red tops, the only pants they should wear are silver. Black pants with white shirts is good. Maybe black on black one time just to see how it looks. But I'd prefer they stick with red/silver and white/silver most of the year. Maybe bust out the alternates once a year. Otherwise they lose their "specialness"...

Oh, by the way.... any update on the pants? I believe it was you who said Georgia might return to a more silver color as opposed to what they have now which looks more gray. I know silver is traditional UGA football, but in terms of aesthetics, I think I like the gray-ish color. As long as they're silver or gray and have the red/white/black stripe, then I'm happy!

Me and Blazer both were pretty sure the pants were new, recalling only "matte" pants since 2005. But apparently Georgia wore silver from 2006-2008. Look back. Those pants are pretty silver compared to last years. I received some information from a guy who read the post...apparently Georgia will wear the matte pants this year bc the material is more popular amongst players (light weight)

apparently these are the pants we saw in the G-Day game

KnowshonMoreno1.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alum_rechul_niko_field.jpg

I still have no idea why they abandoned these. Just replace the Michigan State 'S' with the SU monogram and you have a timeless look.

No way. Those are terrible. For me, the best uniform they have EVER had has been the ones they wore this past year. It would be cool to see a modern uniform for them though, and the jersey posted by someone earlier seems to have some blue trim that really echoes the basketball teams identity from the 'Melo years. Interested to see what the new ones look like.

I still have no idea why they abandoned these. Just replace the Michigan State 'S' with the SU monogram and you have a timeless look.

Those ones definitely need white, similar to what they wear now. Also, didn't they wear an awful all-orange set of those?

Those ones definitely need white, similar to what they wear now. Also, didn't they wear an awful all-orange set of those?

Google "ugliest college football uniforms" and...

this...

su32_web.jpg

anybody know about new adidas seamless football uniforms?

Wisconsin wore them last season. They're pretty much identical to the Reebok-branded New York Giants jerseys, material is slightly difference, cut is similar. Tennessee, Wisconsin and a couple of others are supposed to try them out this season. Notre Dame and UCLA will wear a variation of them.

Google "ugliest college football uniforms" and...

this...

su32_web.jpg

"We have a gray facemask because we wanted to keep it traditional"

Apologies for delving into minutia, but does anyone know the history of those pennant patches that teams wear? I think I first noticed them around 2000...anyone remember a team sporting it before then?

Bw4fGDgBmkKGrHqUOKjEEwKsUqBMK9nKy4w.jpg

I've counted 72 out of the 120 teams that wear the pennant, while the WAC and Big East teams have their conference name.

Every team in the SEC, ACC, MAC, CUSA, Mtn West and Sun Belt uses the pennant. Illinois, Arizona State, Stanford, Texas, K-State, and Tx Tech also have them.

I like the unanimity it adds among teams across the conferences. It's akin to how baseball has their MLB insignia on every team's jersey and hat, in it's respective colors.

There's a listing of the conferences on this page: http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=5633

Interesting that the 3 indies have their own version, although they don't use them on the jerseys.

Apologies for delving into minutia, but does anyone know the history of those pennant patches that teams wear? I think I first noticed them around 2000...anyone remember a team sporting it before then?

I've counted 72 out of the 120 teams that wear the pennant, while the WAC and Big East teams have their conference name.

Every team in the SEC, ACC, MAC, CUSA, Mtn West and Sun Belt uses the pennant. Illinois, Arizona State, Stanford, Texas, K-State, and Tx Tech also have them.

I like the unanimity it adds among teams across the conferences. It's akin to how baseball has their MLB insignia on every team's jersey and hat, in it's respective colors.

There's a listing of the conferences on this page: http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=5633

Interesting that the 3 indies have their own version, although they don't use them on the jerseys.

I believe the pennant started in 1999. Hatworld/Lids actually sold hats that year made by Zephyr with college logo on front, pennant logo on back.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I believe the pennant started in 1999. Hatworld/Lids actually sold hats that year made by Zephyr with college logo on front, pennant logo on back.

1998 was the first year teams wore them. The SEC made it mandatory for all teams after t=it was suggested by the NCAA.

Another custom combo I like

FSU2.jpg

Kind of relevant here, but are the pro combats not in the game? They're on teambuilder but not available to wear in the game.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

FSU2.jpg

Kind of relevant here, but are the pro combats not in the game? They're on teambuilder but not available to wear in the game.

You need to play through all four of the games in the demo to unlock Clemson, Mizzou, Florida, FSU, Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State and Miami and invite someone else to play the demo to unlock LSU, TCU and Virginia Tech.

Also, FSU's Pro Combat helmet with the Unconquered uniform is probably (save for their normal uniforms) the best FSU uniform in the game.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

FSU2.jpg

you have to download the demo and play each matchup in order to be able to get the uniforms

You also have to have the online pass, which you get for free if you buy the game new.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Georgia tech has new unis

you can see them here:http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/view.gal?id=73479

Yeah, we've been talking about them here.

Georgia tech has new unis

you can see them here:http://ramblinwreck.cstv.com/view.gal?id=73479

Yeah, we've been talking about them here.

didnt see them on this forum so just thought i would throw them up

Well, now you know. :grin:

Archived