College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alum_rechul_niko_field.jpg

I still have no idea why they abandoned these. Just replace the Michigan State 'S' with the SU monogram and you have a timeless look.

Those ones definitely need white, similar to what they wear now. Also, didn't they wear an awful all-orange set of those?

Google "ugliest college football uniforms" and...

this...

su32_web.jpg

"We have a gray facemask because we wanted to keep it traditional"

A team nicknamed the orange, wearing orange...hmm doesn't make any sense to me? I understand why you hate it. Same reason people rip on the Browns, ugh a team with Browns jerseys that makes no sense either!

I think one of the reasons the above Syracuse uniforms are criticized on here is because they are, right or wrong, associated with a terrible football team and people like me wonder why they changed their look of the 80's and 90's in the first place. I'm guessing that they've changed their look over the years, but at one point they had instantly recognizable uniforms (plain orange helmet with two navy stripes and one white, navy jerseys, and orange pants with the same striping as the helmet) much like Penn St. And like Penn St. they were one of the powerhouses of college football.

the all orange was actually not a new thing but inspired by the original combo.

not the ORIGINAL original (they wore an all orange outfit in the 50s or 60s too) but the most recent ones. they didnt look too bad imo

syracuse_james_wyche_sm.jpg

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

I wouldnt criticize. The Cuse uniforms from this past year are great. I love their orange alt with the white numbers trimmed in blue.

but come on, the blue numerals on orange background with orange pants orange helmet and not a hint of white? one of the worst uniforms ever fielded if you ask me.

The Syracuse throwback design (middle image) is by far head and shoulders above everything else, IMO. That set is an absolute thing of beauty.

Yes, I've always liked when teams with already contrasting color schemes avoid using white trim and numbers. For example, I like how Army's home uniforms have gold, silver, and black with no additional white--Navy would be well served go with gold numbers instead of white ones. I liked Minnesota better when their home uniforms were just maroon and gold even though the uniform design was pretty boring (now, they've cluttered the look with white trim among other things).

Illustrations:

armynavy1.jpg

34042_Western_Kentucky_Navy_Football_medium.jpg

217714.jpg

Are there any teams between Army, USC, Iowa State, and Michigan (and the Oakland Raiders) that don't use any white on their home uniforms? I love that look too, and those are the only ones I can think of...

SDSU Jackrabbits football; just blue and yellow.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

The ACC had their football kickoff this past weekend, featuring their annual tradition of having two players from each team attend and pose for pictures in their jerseys. The Virginia Tech players are in their throwbacks so I assume those will be their primaries. I found it interesting that Georgia Tech players are wearing gold jerseys. I wonder why they're no sporting the whites? You can see for yourself by clicking the link below. Look for the media gallery links on the right-hand side.

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footbl/2010-football-kickoff.html

The ACC had their football kickoff this past weekend, featuring their annual tradition of having two players from each team attend and pose for pictures in their jerseys. The Virginia Tech players are in their throwbacks so I assume those will be their primaries. I found it interesting that Georgia Tech players are wearing gold jerseys. I wonder why they're no sporting the whites? You can see for yourself by clicking the link below. Look for the media gallery links on the right-hand side.

Hmm, why aren't the Clemson players wearing the new uniforms?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Notice that no team in the group shot is wearing white. I would guess that the ACC wanted a picture full of the respective team's colored jerseys, because if they all wore their white threads for the group shot, it would be difficult to differentiate the teams and their representatives.

Once again though, that is only a theory...

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

AppProCombat.png

App apparently has a Pro Combat jersey that they are going to wear this year against North Carolina Central.

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived