College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

ughh, i completely agree about both those jerseys, it reminded me of some wannabe tron reject football game haha, and i couldnt help getting over the boise state jerseys reminded me of the futuristic baseball jerseys from the 90's, both sets just looked...horrendous haha

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ask the players who are wearing em what they think of em, and the kids and next generation of ball players..

I bet their reaction is positive to this kinda idea

That's the Market who these uniforms are aimed at..

It's flashy, gimmicky, and prob annoying to most of the older generation.. Just what the young uns want..

( at 35 I dunno what catagory I fit in, I appreciate the notre dames but also thought Mondays uniforms looked ok, perhaps I still have the mind of a child! Lol )

VaTech's were beautiful. No denying.

and when the argument becomes "but they don't look like Virginia Tech"... it's evolution. Get used to it.

It's funny because there's plenty of denying it, because they weren't beautiful. It was just a school who has never had a history of black uniforms going black for the sake of, as you call it, "evolution." I'll give you that the numbering and pattern on said numbering was new and sort of enjoyable. But that got lost on an all black uniform that basically destroyed the identity.

That's not beauty.

VT's uniforms were freaking awesome. I don't care what you say, times are changing and if you don't like that tough. I think a team from BLACKsburg, VA is allowed to wear black uniforms. Can a team from Green Bay wear green? Can a team named the Browns wear brown? I guess not with your reasoning. Did you know VT's original uniform colors were black and grey? probably not...\

I will agree that Boise State's were terrible and a team as terrible as they are should never be ranked #3. Must be nice playing one good team a year...

My whole issue with the Pro Combat sets is they really are just hideous, I like traditional but also appreciate the new generation and new looks for traditional teams, but it just seems like Nike is throwing stuff at a wall to see what sticks, some of the designs are horribly ugly, while the V Tech jerseys did look decently cool, i just cant agree that they are an upgrade over their orange/maroon set, and honestly, there are no words to describe how ugly those Boise State jerseys were, helmet logo too big, on one side, dumb should logo with half the horses face, random gray spots, weird numbers, stupid "B" on the knee...again on just one side, just didnt look good at all imo

and when the argument becomes "but they don't look like Virginia Tech"... it's evolution. Get used to it.

It's funny because there's plenty of denying it, because they weren't beautiful. It was just a school who has never had a history of black uniforms going black for the sake of, as you call it, "evolution." I'll give you that the numbering and pattern on said numbering was new and sort of enjoyable. But that got lost on an all black uniform that basically destroyed the identity.

That's not beauty.

VT's uniforms were freaking awesome. I don't care what you say.

Wrong. They sucked. And for the record, I don't care what you say either.

VT and Boise both looked horrible. There's no reasons whatsoever for Virginia Tech to ever wear black. It's become so cliche and overdone for everybody who doesn't wear black to suddenly wear black. And Boise was no better with their ridiculous gray jerseys. Since when are Boise's colors blue, orange, and gray? Oh, right, when Nike decided that they needed to throw gray into the mix for no reason (like they did with silver and black at Oregon). And though I've wanted Boise State to go with just the Bronco head, but this isn't what I had in mind. Random asymmetrical nonsense, oversized and randomly re-colored logo, and wordmark that was the same color as the freaking jersey. Just awful.

In fact, I don't like hardly any of the Pro Combats. Miami's are a technicolor nightmare, TCU's pants look like they belong to an 80s hair band, and so on and so forth.

:censored:ing traditionalists...

^_^

I don't necessarily love the 2 recently worn uniforms, but I do love the whole Pro Combat thing. It appeals to my generation, and I love it. I absolutely love seeing new things, especially on the old traditional football field.

You know, it really isn't a traditionalist thing. I just hated VT's. While I haven't been a fan of Oregon's set and the other Pro Combat ones don't exactly excite me either, I'm all for pushing design and trying something new. I just really think that VT's bombed horribly. Yes, I wasn't the biggest fan of Boise's either, but, I don't exactly want to burn it with fire and hope it dies.

it's evolution. Get used to it.

Explain to me the "evolutionary" benefits of multi-colored, digitzed numbers and a "B" logo on one knee. Have Alabama's Pro Comabt unis not evolved as much as Viginia Tech's?

You give Nike too much credit. Evolution means opposable thumbs and prehensile tails. Pro Comabt is weird looking for the sake of being weird looking.

it's evolution. Get used to it.

Explain to me the "evolutionary" benefits of multi-colored, digitzed numbers and a "B" logo on one knee. Have Alabama's Pro Comabt unis not evolved as much as Viginia Tech's?

You give Nike too much credit. Evolution means opposable thumbs and prehensile tails. Pro Comabt is weird looking for the sake of being weird looking.

Yeah, I'm sure that back in the early 70's, when traditionalists complained about pull-over baseball jerseys people said "it's evolution, get used to it".

It's not evolution... it's a FAD. Baseball went through their "out-there" phase in the 70's (and I love me some 70's baseball unis!), basketball got it in the 90's (Rapters, anyone?), and right now its happening in Hockey and Football. And it'll pass. Don't get me wrong, the performance based features might stick around, but all these ugly, shock value visual features are just there to get people talking... and they do work for that.

But seriously... if you had a crystal ball and could see into the future, in 10 or 15 years do you see any uniform looking like monday night's mess? No. It's cyclical... and tradition ALWAYS comes back.

The Boise State uniforms looked a lot better than they did when they were unvieled. There are still many flaws, but the overall look had potential. I don't see why that Virginia Tech design couldn't have worked without the black.

MegatronSig2.jpg

There are rumors that Michigan, as well as some other Adidas teams, will be wearing "Stars and Stripes" themed jerseys this weekend. Man, I hope not...

Edit: Another place is saying just sideline gear, which wouldn't be so bad.

MegatronSig2.jpg

I love uniforms like Pro Combat, but I also enjoy traditional uniforms. Why cant people like both?

Because this is the internet. Either you pick sides or pick a spot on the bench, fella. jk ^_^

Seriously, though. I like Pro Combat & traditional uniforms...but I'm also in the camp that modern aesthetic value doesn't have to always slap tradition in the face. Michigan State's a pretty good example of this.

LeVeonBell-WMU10.jpg

They've modernized the hell out of football uniforms at times, & have also tried to look like Oklahoma in green...but they've finally found themselves a modern look that still looks good, but doesn't look like something taken out of the 1953 Year-In-Review book. As long as teams can modernize their looks without looking like some :censored: out of the TV show ReBoot, then more often than not, it will look good.

VT's Pro Combat was great for a one-off deal. Boise State's Pro Combat was just a hot mess, though. :P

That's not beauty.

That's incorrect. Tech's very first colors on the football field were black and gray. Additionally, had you read the backstory that Nike provided you would have seen that the concept behind the uniforms was to honor the Corps of Cadets at the school, who's uniforms are black and gray, and to incorporate the university's reputation for engineering, hence the motherboard pattern. The numbers were outlined in gray.

Here's a game photo of A&M's new unis. Really the only change is they went from the maroon-gray-maroon pant stripe to the maroon piping. While the curve of the stripe seems a bit overboard, overall I like it.

They also added a gray outline to the numbers.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here's a game photo of A&M's new unis. Really the only change is they went from the maroon-gray-maroon pant stripe to the maroon piping. While the curve of the stripe seems a bit overboard, overall I like it.

They also added a gray outline to the numbers.

They've had the gray outline on the numbers for several years.

1122-TAMSTEPHMCGEE_250.JPG

There are rumors that Michigan, as well as some other Adidas teams, will be wearing "Stars and Stripes" themed jerseys this weekend. Man, I hope not...

Edit: Another place is saying just sideline gear, which wouldn't be so bad.

This will be at midfield for this week's A&M game. I've also seen Stars and Stripes sideline gear being sold on the website. I caught part of the Auburn-Miss St. game last night and the Miss St. coaches had the stars and stripes themed logos on them.

159326910.jpg

Archived