College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Because this is the internet. Either you pick sides or pick a spot on the bench, fella. jk ^_^

Seriously, though. I like Pro Combat & traditional uniforms...but I'm also in the camp that modern aesthetic value doesn't have to always slap tradition in the face. Michigan State's a pretty good example of this.

LeVeonBell-WMU10.jpg

They've modernized the hell out of football uniforms at times, & have also tried to look like Oklahoma in green...but they've finally found themselves a modern look that still looks good, but doesn't look like something taken out of the 1953 Year-In-Review book. As long as teams can modernize their looks without looking like some :censored: out of the TV show ReBoot, then more often than not, it will look good.

VT's Pro Combat was great for a one-off deal. Boise State's Pro Combat was just a hot mess, though. :P

I disagree. I think MSU's revamp was a total failure. First off, I prefer the old shade of green, but I guess that is inconsequential. The helmet stripe is awful, the number font is terrible. I think the different color yolks don't work for these jerseys, and even if they stick with the pictured jersey fulltime at home, the current road still has the green yolk. Having more than one pair of white pants is pointless, and they both suck anyway, especially the ones with the thick stripe to nowhere. I actually liked their "peapod" unis, but these are about the worst thing they could have done.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are rumors that Michigan, as well as some other Adidas teams, will be wearing "Stars and Stripes" themed jerseys this weekend. Man, I hope not...

Edit: Another place is saying just sideline gear, which wouldn't be so bad.

If every team does what Miss State did, it's hats and visors. I only saw one person with one one last night and that was Dan Mullen.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

Here's what I don't get. Many schools have fine design departments and students. Why not give students and/or alumni the chance to design? Espeically given our economy in this country and there are a lot of designers out of work, it would be the right thing to do.

Probably because if nike is like some other sports apparel companies I know of, their designers are unionized and won't allow outside designs to bear their logo.

I know of a couple of schools that have had student design competitions for gameday shirts, etc. that have had to be killed or recalled because the shirt sponsor's union design team didn't draw them up and that violated their contract.

I've never heard of a Design Union...what schools do you speak of? I work for one of these sponsors and trust me...there is no union.

This is what Louisville is supposedly wearing tomorrow:

eada536b.jpg

I like it.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Here's what I don't get. Many schools have fine design departments and students. Why not give students and/or alumni the chance to design? Espeically given our economy in this country and there are a lot of designers out of work, it would be the right thing to do.

Probably because if nike is like some other sports apparel companies I know of, their designers are unionized and won't allow outside designs to bear their logo.

I know of a couple of schools that have had student design competitions for gameday shirts, etc. that have had to be killed or recalled because the shirt sponsor's union design team didn't draw them up and that violated their contract.

I've never heard of a Design Union...what schools do you speak of? I work for one of these sponsors and trust me...there is no union.

I'll send you a PM, don't want to get in specifics here.

I know this has been brought up before, but I wished the shade of red in Wisconsin's jerseys matched the (darker) shade of red on our helmets.

I would also be in favor of adding the Badger Paw logo somewhere on the jersey:

50026270000-2T.jpg

How about a black paw on a red sleeve, underneath white TV numbers?

Hopefully some changes will be made to the jerseys before Nebraska joins the conference.

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

I wish Alabama would wear their pro combats tonight since it is against Penn State, and one of the big changes on the uniforms is the Flag patch on the sleeve which would make sense to wear since it is 9/11.

Also according to Erin Andrews, Air Force will have the American Flag on their helmet today and UCLA will have some red on their uniforms.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

That Louisville helmet looks ridiculous. The striping looks really cool, the logo does not.

Also, San Jose State's using a different helmet logo than they have in recent years. It's basically this: http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?id=ffb1ucj7ud0h0io3lle8ozwnq (which is what they were wearing) but without the wordmark. It looks really strange.

The coaches on Kansas' sideline are wearing patriotic hats and stuff.

Archived