College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Virginia Tech went with White/White/White combo today

85367444.png

I think it's part of the annual VTech white out.

Pardon the ignorance but since when has Michigan had that yellow design/piping crap on their white jersey?

I don't know, five years?

Well the ones they have now that have the shoulder piping and "tusk", they've worn ever since 2008, before they switched to adidas they had Nike jerseys that also had some yellow piping but it wasn't as noticeable.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

85367444.png

I thought they looked really nice in those uniforms. Too bad that the all-white combo will also go into the trash heap with the Pro Combat unis, due to poor performance.

I thought they looked really nice in those uniforms. Too bad that the all-white combo will also go into the trash heap with the Pro Combat unis, due to poor performance.

That's where they both belong. I don't get the sudden trend in the last year or two for more teams to look like Star Wars storm troopers. I don't get the recent new white helmet trend (Arizona, Cincinnati, Florida, South Florida, Virginia Tech, just to name the few that I can recall off the top of my head).

I like Virginia Tech's retro white jerseys and pants, but stick with the maroon helmet, please.

That's where they both belong. I don't get the sudden trend in the last year or two for more teams to look like Star Wars storm troopers. I don't get the recent new white helmet trend (Arizona, Cincinnati, Florida, South Florida, Virginia Tech, just to name the few that I can recall off the top of my head).

You do know that before Stoops took over, Arizona only wore white helmets, right?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You know how people often ridicule Oregon for all the uniforms? I think I have decided that Virginia Tech is worse than Oregon. Consider this: Oregon may have a multitude of uniform combinations, but at least they all consist of the same design. Winged shoulders, same number fonts, etc. It is just the colors that are swapped out. Let's look at VaTech.

Standard maroon helmet

White pro combat helmet with stripes

White throwback helmet with state outline and Tech

Black pro combat helmet

White helmet with no stripes

Plus the throwback helmet with the stacked VT logo. Can't recall which color though.

Maroon jersey with orange sleeves

Orange jersey with maroon sleeves

White jersey with maroon sleeves

White pro combat

Maroon throwback

White throwback

Black pro combat

I've also heard they will introduce an orange throwback

White pants

Maroon pants

White pro combat pants

Black pro combat pants

White throwback pants

I think just looking at this list makes me appreciate schools like Penn State, Alabama, Ohio State, etc. At least Oregon, with all their combos, have a single theme. Virginia Tech is out of control. Just make the throwbacks the full time unis with the maroon helmet, no alternates.

I can't be the only one who thinks this, am I?

You know how people often ridicule Oregon for all the uniforms? I think I have decided that Virginia Tech is worse than Oregon. Consider this: Oregon may have a multitude of uniform combinations, but at least they all consist of the same design. Winged shoulders, same number fonts, etc. It is just the colors that are swapped out. Let's look at VaTech.

Standard maroon helmet

Black pro combat helmet

Plus the throwback helmet with the stacked VT logo. Can't recall which color though.

White pro combat

Maroon throwback

White throwback

Black pro combat

White pants

Maroon pants

White pro combat pants

Black pro combat pants

White throwback pants

I think just looking at this list makes me appreciate schools like Penn State, Alabama, Ohio State, etc. At least Oregon, with all their combos, have a single theme. Virginia Tech is out of control. Just make the throwbacks the full time unis with the maroon helmet, no alternates.

VT's really been crazy with their uniforms since their first foray into the weird Nike templates back in around 2005 or 2006. That was the year they also got into that dumb fad with one sleeve being completely orange.

I just wish that they would just go to the Maroon helmets & throwbacks (like they said they would in preseason) & be done with it. Hopefully they've gotten the crazy out of their system for now.

Standard maroon helmet

Black pro combat helmet

White pro combat

Maroon throwback

White throwback

Black pro combat

White pants

Maroon pants

White pro combat pants

Black pro combat pants

White throwback pants

They have switched to Throwbacks full time this season so all the ones in bold they don't wear anymore. Also I don't think they will be wearing last season's Pro Combats since they got new ones this season, and those probably won't be worn again either. But your right Virginia Tech has a lot of uniform options.

couple of observations for the day.

- I really like South Carolina's all-garnett look. I don't like the fact they beat my Dawgs.

- Boston College's pants look mustardy yellow, more than gold. almost as bad as Georgia Tech's pants were a few years ago

- speaking of GT, their new road uniforms are horrid. They really downgraded with their update, even though I love the idea of two different white jerseys. It's the piping crap that really kills it.

- Ohio State's pants definitely are different. I like them. Way better than the matte UGA still uses.

- USF did white helmets vs. UF. Not a superior look in my opinion.

Standard maroon helmet

Black pro combat helmet

White pro combat

Maroon throwback

White throwback

Black pro combat

White pants

Maroon pants

White pro combat pants

Black pro combat pants

White throwback pants

They have switched to Throwbacks full time this season so all the ones in bold they don't wear anymore. Also I don't think they will be wearing last season's Pro Combats since they got new ones this season, and those probably won't be worn again either. But your right Virginia Tech has a lot of uniform options.

You're right that they've switched to the throwbacks and I presume you're right about never seeing either of their Pro Combats again, but at the same time, just looking at the grand scheme of things, it's ludicrous to think how many combinations they have worn over the past year. To think we've seen 6 different helmets, 7 jerseys, and however many pants has absolutely watered down their image. Just look at your school- Bama. Before they come onto the field, you know what they'll be wearing. Even their Pro Combats are pretty much the same as the normal uniforms, and that goes to show you how much the program respects the school's tradition. When schools begin wearing all multiple alts in addition to their normal uniforms, they lose the special meaning. At that point, it's simply a matter of dress up instead of earning the right to wear a special jersey.

I liked Louisville's, stripes and logo...

LouisvilleStarsStripes-Resized.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

couple of observations for the day.

- I really like South Carolina's all-garnett look. I don't like the fact they beat my Dawgs.

- Boston College's pants look mustardy yellow, more than gold. almost as bad as Georgia Tech's pants were a few years ago

- speaking of GT, their new road uniforms are horrid. They really downgraded with their update, even though I love the idea of two different white jerseys. It's the piping crap that really kills it.

- Ohio State's pants definitely are different. I like them. Way better than the matte UGA still uses.

- USF did white helmets vs. UF. Not a superior look in my opinion.

also today Utah wore red jerseys/white pants for the first in who knows how many years!

Standard maroon helmet

Black pro combat helmet

White pro combat

Maroon throwback

White throwback

Black pro combat

White pants

Maroon pants

White pro combat pants

Black pro combat pants

White throwback pants

You're right that they've switched to the throwbacks and I presume you're right about never seeing either of their Pro Combats again, but at the same time, just looking at the grand scheme of things, it's ludicrous to think how many combinations they have worn over the past year. To think we've seen 6 different helmets, 7 jerseys, and however many pants has absolutely watered down their image. Just look at your school- Bama. Before they come onto the field, you know what they'll be wearing. Even their Pro Combats are pretty much the same as the normal uniforms, and that goes to show you how much the program respects the school's tradition. When schools begin wearing all multiple alts in addition to their normal uniforms, they lose the special meaning. At that point, it's simply a matter of dress up instead of earning the right to wear a special jersey.

Yeah I get what your saying lol, last season all of those options were available to them except for the black Pro Combats, but your right, they are like the Cleveland Cavs of the NCAA haha, and they have just as many options as Oregon.

That white Virginia Tech helmet might look good if it had stripes. I rarely like stripeless white helmets, especially with a white facemask. If nothing else, make that maroon.

Also saw that Louisiana-Monroe is yet another Adidas school to switch to the template with the tentacles coming up from the bottom that Arkansas wore for a couple of years and that Cincinnati, Michigan, and Mississippi State currently use (and I think Bowling Green). Still looks disgusting.

Archived