College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mississippi Sate is wearing all-black uniforms with maroon helmets. The black unis are the same ones that they had against Alabama last year.

One word: Yuck.

2z7equp.jpg

All black doesn't work when you have as dark of a color as maroon.

4849426.jpg

Agreed. Pretty pointless indeed.

Wyoming is wearing gold uniforms against Boise tonight, with "WYO" on the front. Apparently, they were a surprise to the players before the game.

For those who haven't seen (or actually care), this is Wyo's full-time look for this season:

4244488.jpg

And these are the ones Lights Out referenced that showed up on the field yesterday:

4850494.jpg

4850482.jpg

4850492.jpg

4849950.jpg

Apparently, Pro Combat-itis done made it out to Laramie...chickenwire and all.

I ca do without the inversion of the helmet logo colors--as well as those stripes--and I can also do without the humongo "COWBOYS" being spelled out on the legs, but on the whole, there's something I like about these. I like the Packer-esque style block numbers Wyo's been using lately, and they look even better in this guise. Plus, that is a mighty striking color combo...and no one does the three-color-uniform-element thing better than Wyoming. Perhaps they should look into making a full-time switch to this look--well, with the normal helmet, that is.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wyoming is wearing gold uniforms against Boise tonight, with "WYO" on the front. Apparently, they were a surprise to the players before the game.

For those who haven't seen (or actually care), this is Wyo's full-time look for this season:

4244488.jpg

And these are the ones Lights Out referenced that showed up on the field yesterday:

4850494.jpg

4850482.jpg

4850492.jpg

4849950.jpg

I ca do without the inversion of the helmet logo colors--as well as those stripes--and I can also do without the humongo "COWBOYS" being spelled out on the legs, but on the whole, there's something I like about these. I like the Packer-esque style block numbers Wyo's been using lately, and they look even better in this guise. Plus, that is a mighty striking color combo...and no one does the three-color-uniform-element thing better than Wyoming. Perhaps they should look into making a full-time switch to this look--well, with the normal helmet, that is.

I was at this game last night and I must say the yellow jersey's really popped. I loved them, but I think they would have looked better with the white pants and normal helmet.

4244488.jpg

4850494.jpg

4850482.jpg

4850492.jpg

4849950.jpg

I was at this game last night and I must say the yellow jersey's really popped. I loved them, but I think they would have looked better with the white pants and normal helmet.

Reminds me a lot (except for the helmets) of Denver's throwbacks last year.

On Oregon's green jerseys are the nameplates and some patches black? I don't think I noticed that before.

And "WYO" is pretty stupid, and what's the "B.T.W." on the helmets?

No they're all green, it's different materials (mesh and such) and the sweat that discolors it.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

On Oregon's green jerseys are the nameplates and some patches black? I don't think I noticed that before.

And "WYO" is pretty stupid, and what's the "B.T.W." on the helmets?

Most of the students thought the WYO was awesome. I guess that's from a student standpoint. The B.T.W. stand for Bring the Wood. It's the team's theme this year

Oregon - Other than the helmet...pretty good. I just love the fact that they went to yellow numbers. Those carbon numbers from last year were godawful.

BYU - Solid.

TCU - Probably my favorite look of the day. They took out what I didn't like about the Pro Combat unis, yet kept the best part: The jerseys. TCU looked great yesterday.

Wyoming - Take off the funky shoulder wings, replace the lettering on the pants with some solid stripes, take the Broncos-esque helmet stripe off & that's an upgrade over what they normally wear. But that was just funky looking, & not in a good way.

Stanford - One school that should never, ever, EEEEVVVEERRRRRR do a blackout. That was TRBL.

Arizona - I must've missed something over the summer, I didn't know Arizona changed uniforms. This is an upgrade, they already had good unis, the only flaw was that stupid bib in the back. They got rid of that, & simplified the look while keeping it modern. Looked very nice, IMO.

iowaarizonagame12.jpg

iowaarizonagame16.jpg

iowaarizonagame43.jpg

92225660.jpg

12507334.jpg

76517500.jpg

Those aren't the regular green oregon jerseys.

Yeah, they are. They switched to yellow numbers on the green jerseys this season, I guess for readability.

And can I say, damn, they Ducks looked beautiful yesterday. That is a sick, sick, sick combo.

Oh, didn't know that did they change anything else?

Oh, didn't know that did they change anything else?

Apart from finally using the carbon helmets, no.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Because it's a throwback to their early 70s helmets.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm sorry if these have already been talked about, I looked at the last few pages of the thread and didn't see anything.

white.jpg

But uh, wow. I'm not opposed to the white helmets, but why the F is there a fat black/red/black stripe down the middle.

I do find it funny that their new coach is Tommy Tuberville, who coached at Auburn, who wears a white helmet with the same helmet stripes (obviously different colors).

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

But uh, wow. I'm not opposed to the white helmets, but why the F is there a fat black/red/black stripe down the middle.

Because they would look awful without them.

The guy who brought those helmets to Lubbock in the early 1970s had a similar look at West Virginia and took them to South Carolina after he left Tech.

LehQRaC.png

Oregon - Other than the helmet...pretty good. I just love the fact that they went to yellow numbers. Those carbon numbers from last year were godawful.

BYU - Solid.

TCU - Probably my favorite look of the day. They took out what I didn't like about the Pro Combat unis, yet kept the best part: The jerseys. TCU looked great yesterday.

Wyoming - Take off the funky shoulder wings, replace the lettering on the pants with some solid stripes, take the Broncos-esque helmet stripe off & that's an upgrade over what they normally wear. But that was just funky looking, & not in a good way.

Stanford - One school that should never, ever, EEEEVVVEERRRRRR do a blackout. That was TRBL.

Arizona - I must've missed something over the summer, I didn't know Arizona changed uniforms. This is an upgrade, they already had good unis, the only flaw was that stupid bib in the back. They got rid of that, & simplified the look while keeping it modern. Looked very nice, IMO.

iowaarizonagame12.jpg

iowaarizonagame16.jpg

iowaarizonagame43.jpg

Make those pants white and Arizona would look beautiful.

I get that, but they're wearing their 2007- Under Armour jerseys and pants. It's like the Philadelphia Eagles wearing their midnight greens jerseys with throwback Kelly green helmets.

nice try...

your argument makes no sense, it's way different than the eagles. Unless I am color blind those TT helmets seem to be the same shade of WHITE as the rest of the uniform.

I get that, but they're wearing their 2007- Under Armour jerseys and pants. It's like the Philadelphia Eagles wearing their midnight greens jerseys with throwback Kelly green helmets.

nice try...

your argument makes no sense, it's way different than the eagles. Unless I am color blind those TT helmets seem to be the same shade of WHITE as the rest of the uniform.

He's not talking about the color, hes talking about the fact that they are wearing current unis, with an old school helmet. Like if the Cincinnati Bengals wore their current unis with like that helmet with the Bengals wordmark on it from back in the day. He's pointing out the mismatch in eras, not colors.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Archived