Brave-Bird 08

College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Because it's a throwback to their early 70s helmets.

I get that, but they're wearing their 2007- Under Armour jerseys and pants. It's like the Philadelphia Eagles wearing their midnight greens jerseys with throwback Kelly green helmets.

nice try...

your argument makes no sense, it's way different than the eagles. Unless I am color blind those TT helmets seem to be the same shade of WHITE as the rest of the uniform.

He's not talking about the color, hes talking about the fact that they are wearing current unis, with an old school helmet. Like if the Cincinnati Bengals wore their current unis with like that helmet with the Bengals wordmark on it from back in the day. He's pointing out the mismatch in eras, not colors.

It's white, inspired by their old helmet, but updated with the current beveled logo. This makes it modern and matches the rest. It looks fine, and you can't say just because it has stripes it's old school. Have you never seen teams like Miami, Maryland, Clemson, Syracuse, Louisville, Indiana, Illinois, Central Florida, Bowling Green, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt. Modern uniforms, with traditional striping...

still looks good sorry

Because it's a throwback to their early 70s helmets.

I get that, but they're wearing their 2007- Under Armour jerseys and pants. It's like the Philadelphia Eagles wearing their midnight greens jerseys with throwback Kelly green helmets.

nice try...

your argument makes no sense, it's way different than the eagles. Unless I am color blind those TT helmets seem to be the same shade of WHITE as the rest of the uniform.

He's not talking about the color, hes talking about the fact that they are wearing current unis, with an old school helmet. Like if the Cincinnati Bengals wore their current unis with like that helmet with the Bengals wordmark on it from back in the day. He's pointing out the mismatch in eras, not colors.

It's white, inspired by their old helmet, but updated with the current beveled logo. This makes it modern and matches the rest. It looks fine, and you can't say just because it has stripes it's old school. Have you never seen teams like Miami, Maryland, Clemson, Syracuse, Louisville, Indiana, Illinois, Central Florida, Bowling Green, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt. Modern uniforms, with traditional striping...

still looks good sorry

Nobody said anything about its old school just because it has stripes. I like it too, I was just explaining returntoglory's point which he didnt apparently explain too well to you.

I do like it as a change of pace from the regular black one, especially since im not too fond of the black one, but I wouldnt wanna see it as a every game thing. But it's definitely good that it has stripes, because if not it would look very plain, because that logo dont do much for the helmet imo.

Arizona - I must've missed something over the summer, I didn't know Arizona changed uniforms. This is an upgrade, they already had good unis, the only flaw was that stupid bib in the back. They got rid of that, & simplified the look while keeping it modern. Looked very nice, IMO.

iowaarizonagame12.jpg

iowaarizonagame16.jpg

iowaarizonagame43.jpg

Make those pants white and Arizona would look beautiful.

Love the update...

4c81d3da9264b.image.jpg4c8ef563288f5.preview-300.jpg

Nice update to the late 90s/early 2000 look

154_spt_154_spt_2.jpg

Mississippi St. All Blacks- Didn?t like it when they did it last year? Didn?t like it this year?

Colorado Throwbacks- Loving these. Hope they go back to them next year.

Oregons Carbon Fiber helmet/yellow #s- Ive been waiting since the first pics of the helmets came out to see them?. And the game wasn?t on tv in my area? Yellow numbers look good. Wish they would change the wings to yellow as well? And then maybe have a second green home with the carbon silver.

Stanford All Black- wow? get rid of those?.

BYU All White- Really clean look. Always wanted them to try this look.

Arizona- Im really liking their new sets of unis and the white helmet. Every combo has looked good.

Colorado St Orange- I must of missed why they are doing this... Some kind of throw back?

Colorado St Orange- I must of missed why they are doing this... Some kind of throw back?

Not exactly, they are throwback colors but that's about it. The orange and green (or pumpkin and alfalfa as they call it) are the old school colors from when they were nicknamed the Aggies and this jersey is just a new alternate they decided to come out with for this year (no special reason why this year from what I can tell though). They are still going to wear the standard gold and green ram horn helmet, which is going to look horrible with this orange jersey.

Is that a new Mountain West patch on Colorado State's alts, or a throwback or something? It looks really strange.

Not exactly, they are throwback colors but that's about it. They are still going to wear the standard gold and green ram horn helmet, which is going to look horrible with this orange jersey.

Kornheiser_Why.JPG

That is going to look terrible. The jerseys are okay, but man, that is going to be an awful clash.

Epic combo.

Mississippi St. All Blacks- Didn?t like it when they did it last year? Didn?t like it this year?

Actually, last year they wore white pants, so this was the first time that they went all-black.

QMGKUEBCJTUTGUF.20091115033809.jpg

But you're definitely right: Wasn't good when they did it last year, & the pants didn't help.

I agree on Miss. St. All-black just doesn't work. I don't think I've seen many instances when it does.

One thing about Arizona. Isn't the helmet logo a tad small? There's room on there to make it quite bigger.

Is that a new Mountain West patch on Colorado State's alts, or a throwback or something? It looks really strange.

It looks the same as the Mountain West patch on all the other conference teams shown in the last 2-3 pages of this thread. All the NCAA conferences have a version of this patch, which matches the NCAA patch: http://www.ncaafootball.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=5633

photo-3.jpg

BAYLORTCU3.standalone.prod_affiliate.58.jpg

Heaps.jpg

4849950.jpg

Here are the Colorado State orange uniforms that they'll wear this Saturday.

photo.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

See, this right here proves that Russell actually is capable of producing nice, high-quality football uniforms. (If you look past the pumpki/alfalfa/champagne color mash-up, that is.)

Why/how they continue to muck up HBCU football uniforms is beyond me.

photo.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

See, this right here proves that Russell actually is capable of producing nice, high-quality football uniforms. (If you look past the pumpki/alfalfa/champagne color mash-up, that is.)

Because the HBCU actually ask for it. When designing, it's the client that has the final say. They are paying for your services. It's up to the school to say, "Yes" or "No", so if you hate something, the blame lies completely on the school not the manufacturer. How is it schools like USC and Penn State can consistantly look good? Because they understand that "No" means "No".

While I agree with you to a point, it goes a little bit deeper than that. (And really, my last post was more tongue-in-cheek than anything, and I should have clarified further.) I don't necessarily mean the designs of the uniforms (Russell does have several options of uniform templates for them), but rather, the quality of the actual craftsmanship. And it goes further than twill vs. screened/heat pressed.

I've seen some of these up close, and while some are obviously of higher quality material (FAMU currently has damn near similar uniforms to Colorado State, material-wise), some are also very obviously, well, "not". Of course, the other thing that goes into that is affordability, and let's be real...no HBCU really has a substantial athletic budget.

So yeah...in the end, they get what they pay for.

I just switched it to the Miami/Pitt game. I don't remember the gold on Pitt's helmet and pants not matchng last year.

I just switched it to the Miami/Pitt game. I don't remember the gold on Pitt's helmet and pants not matchng last year.

heres a pic for reference

952b6d10eef7d0f8467b9c47b2be2309-getty-102409142jw007_miami_v_pitt.jpg

Because the HBCU actually ask for it. When designing, it's the client that has the final say. They are paying for your services. It's up to the school to say, "Yes" or "No", so if you hate something, the blame lies completely on the school not the manufacturer. How is it schools like USC and Penn State can consistantly look good? Because they understand that "No" means "No".

I love it when schools let companys do whatever they want. Look at the sickest uniforms in sports, Oregon and the Pro Combats! I understand schools like PSU and USC have tradition...but some of these ideas I see are awesome

4849950.jpg

Wyo? Really? Is that a popular nickname for them? Because that just looks weird to me

+ 1 , you might as well finish their name . and the execution is nice on the orange colorado st . unis , but that just seems too be an awful idea .