College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Actually, those are the same all blacks. They say Unconquered down the other leg. The rumor is that they debuted the new helmets ahead of schedule. These are last year's uniforms.

You'rright for some reason I remembered both legs saying "Unconquered". I'm not sure. Everything I've heard is that our "new" uniforms will just be a Pro Combat version of the current uniforms. They could be saying "here's what they will look like, we just don't have the bran new sets yet."

my only response to this pic is: WHY?????

Money, getting the FSU name out there for something not negative, and recruiting. Merchandise sales, no cheating scandal or "ZOMG THEY FORCED OUT A LEGEND!!!!one1! THEY'RE DOOMED!!!one", like it or not, kids go to schools that have or do cool things with their uniforms. That's why all these _____outs came into fashion.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

change of subject here (mainly b/c I want to get my mind off pro combat pants before it explodes):

idk how many Georgia Tech fans are on here,

but would anyone know if the Jackets are going to wear uniforms in the template they wore for the bowl game??

slideshow_1437529_2.jpg

...or are they going to keep wearing this, which is far superior, imo

JoshNesbitt-1.jpg

Tech wore the non Orange bowl uni's at the Spring Game today. The ones you prefer...

Louisville under new Coach Charlie Strong has gone to white facemasks (from red).

Word is that he will also be getting rid of the pointed stripe on the helmet and replacing it with traditional striping.

As for uniforms, it is said that the new ones will be similar to Florida's (where Coach Strong came from) and/or will look similar to Louisville's uniforms under Howard Schnellenberger.

I haven't heard anything about that but I do know that the Cards have used the white facemask in spring practice so I wont consider the change official until the fall or a uniform unveiling. Hell, I've seen pics from this spring alone where there was a plain white helmet, a white helmet with the card logo on the side, and one with the card logo on the side and the pointed stripe. All with white facemasks.

here's an idea I had recently for a Louisville helmet:

I like Louisville's "L" logo and I don't think they use it enough. I also think that the school's helmet would look a lot better with something other than a cardinal's head on it. So, with the skills that I have I came up with this:

4524552508_29921ba6f8_o.png4523922279_af675655c3_o.png

C&C appreciated.

untitled-7.jpg

New Michigan State uniforms

Vaguely remind me of these, minus the collar...

Alex-Brink-USC-06.jpg

I'm confused as to why people hate the old Michigan State unis... They were clean and sharp. The new ones aren't horrible, although the wordmark sure is a downgrade. It's trying a bit to hard to be in your face.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

untitled-7.jpg

Alex-Brink-USC-06.jpg

I'm confused as to why people hate the old Michigan State unis... They were clean and sharp. The new ones aren't horrible, although the wordmark sure is a downgrade. It's trying a bit to hard to be in your face.

Ditto! I loved their most recent uniforms. In my top 10 CFB unis. They let ONE COLOR and a GOOD HELMET LOGO do all of the work.

I remember seeing a concept by scottysprings where he simply put the basketball "state" script on the classic-style uniform. It was PERFECTO!

untitled-7.jpg

Alex-Brink-USC-06.jpg

I think they could could of just used the new green on last years template and it still would of looked great. I dont mind the aways... But that home with the white shoulders kinda bugs me...

oregonsig.png

change of subject here (mainly b/c I want to get my mind off pro combat pants before it explodes):

idk how many Georgia Tech fans are on here,

but would anyone know if the Jackets are going to wear uniforms in the template they wore for the bowl game??

slideshow_1437529_2.jpg

...or are they going to keep wearing this, which is far superior, imo

JoshNesbitt-1.jpg

Tech wore the non Orange bowl uni's at the Spring Game today. The ones you prefer...

That doesn't mean they aren't changing. Gold jerseys in the Orange Bowl design may not exist yet. Additionally, Tech usually wears the previous season's uniforms for T Day, if I'm not mistaken.

I wish Georgia Tech would just go back to the Calvin Johnson era uniforms.

calvin.jpg

agreed. Even as a Georgia fan, nothing looked better than those (despite the fact we have some major gold matching problems with the jersey sleeve and the rest of the uni). Especially their navy alternates with the white pants they wore in the ACC Champ game.

FSU's getting on the white helmet bandwagon

P1030593-1.jpg

I think these would look pretty good if only they had a garnet facemask instead of white. It's just too plain. Otherwise it's not so bad.

I really like it. Add the regular gold helmet and that would be a great look. Adding a garnet facemask isn't a bad idea either.

BB52Big.jpg

P1030593-1.jpg

I think these would look pretty good if only they had a garnet facemask instead of white. It's just too plain. Otherwise it's not so bad.

I really like it. Add the regular gold helmet and that would be a great look. Adding a garnet facemask isn't a bad idea either.

they've had the white pants and the black unis in the arsenal, and the black helmet looks like the pro combat they wore last season...think the only thing new is the white helmet. they've worn all-white with the gold helmet before

C_8_rix_167901_0903.jpg

P1030593-1.jpg

they've had the white pants and the black unis in the arsenal, and the black helmet looks like the pro combat they wore last season...think the only thing new is the white helmet. they've worn all-white with the gold helmet before

C_8_rix_167901_0903.jpg

just curious, aren't the helmets a lighter shade of gold now?

The FSU white helmets are not happening. Here's the real story of the pictures, from ESPN.com's ACC reporter mailbag:

Matt in Orlando writes: Have you heard about the white unis and helmets FSU is planning on wearing at the Oklahoma game? Why can't we learn not to mess with the traditional colors? (For an example, look up our recent record for when we wear "special" unis).

HD:I checked with FSU's sports information department, and there is no truth to the notion that the ?Noles will be wearing a white helmet at Oklahoma. The equipment manager had one made up at the coaching staff?s request for recruits to see a wide variety of uniform options FSU can mix and match. They dressed up for mannequins in the locker room in different garb. One recruit took a picture and posted it on a website, leading to an instant rumor. Jimbo Fisher wants to stick with tradition (gold helmets), but he wouldn't be opposed to using the Nike unis worn against Maryland last season on a rare occasion.

Fifth item here: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/10932/tuesday-mailblog-20

Texas A&M added the T-star logo to the back of their jerseys above the nameplate. Haven't seen the front yet but I doubt anything has changed unless addidas moved their logo to the center of the chest above the number as opposed to being on the shoulder.

31012_10150163758835252_678190251_1.jpg

The FSU white helmets are not happening. Here's the real story of the pictures, from ESPN.com's ACC reporter mailbag:

Matt in Orlando writes: Have you heard about the white unis and helmets FSU is planning on wearing at the Oklahoma game? Why can't we learn not to mess with the traditional colors? (For an example, look up our recent record for when we wear "special" unis).

HD:I checked with FSU's sports information department, and there is no truth to the notion that the ?Noles will be wearing a white helmet at Oklahoma. The equipment manager had one made up at the coaching staff?s request for recruits to see a wide variety of uniform options FSU can mix and match. They dressed up for mannequins in the locker room in different garb. One recruit took a picture and posted it on a website, leading to an instant rumor. Jimbo Fisher wants to stick with tradition (gold helmets), but he wouldn't be opposed to using the Nike unis worn against Maryland last season on a rare occasion.

Fifth item here: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/10932/tuesday-mailblog-20

Wow, way to lie to recruits

Wow, way to lie to recruits

I knew that you'd figure out how recruiting is done soon enough.

Archived