College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

untitled-7.jpg

New Michigan State uniforms

Vaguely remind me of these, minus the collar...

Alex-Brink-USC-06.jpg

I'm confused as to why people hate the old Michigan State unis... They were clean and sharp. The new ones aren't horrible, although the wordmark sure is a downgrade. It's trying a bit to hard to be in your face.

I think they could could of just used the new green on last years template and it still would of looked great. I dont mind the aways... But that home with the white shoulders kinda bugs me...

i agree the away and all green home are ok, but the green/white home is scary in a bad way. the number font would look better without that silver outline. i appreciated their old simple uniforms

maehl.png

The FSU white helmets are not happening. Here's the real story of the pictures, from ESPN.com's ACC reporter mailbag:

Matt in Orlando writes: Have you heard about the white unis and helmets FSU is planning on wearing at the Oklahoma game? Why can't we learn not to mess with the traditional colors? (For an example, look up our recent record for when we wear "special" unis).

HD:I checked with FSU's sports information department, and there is no truth to the notion that the ?Noles will be wearing a white helmet at Oklahoma. The equipment manager had one made up at the coaching staff?s request for recruits to see a wide variety of uniform options FSU can mix and match. They dressed up for mannequins in the locker room in different garb. One recruit took a picture and posted it on a website, leading to an instant rumor. Jimbo Fisher wants to stick with tradition (gold helmets), but he wouldn't be opposed to using the Nike unis worn against Maryland last season on a rare occasion.

Fifth item here: http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/10932/tuesday-mailblog-20

Good to hear. Enough with the storm trooper look.

A little bit of an update here for the Orange

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2010/5/5/1459107/new-fb-uniforms

Just wanted to let the out-of-towners know that Daryl Gross said this morning on TK99's Gomez and Dave Show that the team will be sporting new jerseys this season. The GRob era shoulder stripes are history. The new jerseys, he said, will be similar to what McNabb and the boys wore. The unis always seem to be a hot topic so I thought I'd just give everyone the news. He said the pants and jerseys will be unchanged and he doesn't anticipate any out of the ordinary uniform combinations.

I'll believe the McNabb-era jerseys when I see it knowing Nike's track record

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

A little bit of an update here for the Orange

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2010/5/5/1459107/new-fb-uniforms

Just wanted to let the out-of-towners know that Daryl Gross said this morning on TK99's Gomez and Dave Show that the team will be sporting new jerseys this season. The GRob era shoulder stripes are history. The new jerseys, he said, will be similar to what McNabb and the boys wore. The unis always seem to be a hot topic so I thought I'd just give everyone the news. He said the pants and jerseys will be unchanged and he doesn't anticipate any out of the ordinary uniform combinations.

I'll believe the McNabb-era jerseys when I see it knowing Nike's track record

+1 for linking to nunes :)

I acutally really like what we wear now...although i think they can be improved, i dont want to take the chance of getting some ultra modern looking uniforms. Im pretty sure marrone wouldnt allow that anyways, assuming he had some ay in it. honestly, if they just removed the shoulder striped all together, it would be a pretty slick uniform set.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

to me there is something awkward about teams with no football tradition going for super classic looks, while their bball teams...steeped in tradition...go nuts

ie Syracuse, Duke.

Syracuse has a pretty good football tradition. They're no Notre Dame, but they still have a solid football tradition.

jNTsTyQ.png

to me there is something awkward about teams with no football tradition going for super classic looks, while their bball teams...steeped in tradition...go nuts

ie Syracuse, Duke.

Syracuse has a pretty good football tradition. They're no Notre Dame, but they still have a solid football tradition.

Duke was the first team to go to each of the original four major bowls (Orange, Sugar, Rose, Cotton.)

Didn't you get the memo? If you haven't won a national title within the last decade then, to the average 18-24 year old ignoramus that makes up the America's target demographic, you have no "tradition."

I don't think Duke has ever won a national championship, and has only 3 bowl wins. Syracuse is a bit more successful, and had a national championship back in the 50s? technically every school has tradition, but not a tradition of winning.

Didn't you get the memo? If you haven't won a national title within the last decade then, to the average 18-24 year old ignoramus that makes up the America's target demographic, you have no "tradition."

I don't think Duke has ever won a national championship, and has only 3 bowl wins. Syracuse is a bit more successful, and had a national championship back in the 50s? technically every school has tradition, but not a tradition of winning.

I didn't mean to imply that Duke had won a national championship in football, or suggest that they had a year-in year-out sustained tradition of winning. I just felt the initial comment was flippant and short-sighted. I agree that Duke and Syracuse are schools with football tradition, based on long-past gridiron success, whereas Bama, OSU, Oklahoma, Texas, and Nebraska are traditional powers based on their sustained excellence over the years. However, suggesting Duke or Syracuse's past achievements do not constitute a "football tradition" would be as assinine as suggesting that the recent successes of historically irrelevant programs like Boise State or Utah do constitute successful traditions. The older programs like Duke, Cuse, Army, Navy, and, increasingly it seems, Notre Dame, do have tradition based on past golory; the jury is still out on recent programs, in as much as tradition is a backwards looking concept.

Syracuse definitely has a football tradition, they have 14 people in the College Football Hall of Fame and 7 in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. This includes players like Jim Brown (arguably the greatest running back and football player of all time), Ernie Davis, Larry Csonka, and Floyd Little. Not to mention recent players like Donovan McNabb, Dwight Freeney, and Marvin Harrison that are all likely future HOFs.

The school also has more wins (678) than the following schools: Florida, Miami, Florida St., Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Army, Navy, Texas A&M, Virginia, Washington, UCLA, etc.

Syracuse definitely has a football tradition, they have 14 people in the College Football Hall of Fame and 7 in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. This includes players like Jim Brown (arguably the greatest running back and football player of all time), Ernie Davis, Larry Csonka, and Floyd Little. Not to mention recent players like Donovan McNabb, Dwight Freeney, and Marvin Harrison that are all likely future HOFs.

The school also has more wins (678) than the following schools: Florida, Miami, Florida St., Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Army, Navy, Texas A&M, Virginia, Washington, UCLA, etc.

More than ETC., even?

Damn, they ARE good.

More than ETC., even?

Damn, they ARE good.

Actually, East Tennessee College (now known as the University of Tennessee) has 783 wins. ^_^

Back to the 'Cuse uniforms...I wish the Orange wore uniforms that were primarily, y'know, orange. And I'd like to see them adopt something that fits more coherently with their other sports' uniforms.

More than ETC., even?

Damn, they ARE good.

lol!!! yeah, I probably should have just stopped after Florida 'cus I couldn't find a good list of the teams with the most wins... until now :)

That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of 'Cuse football tradition.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That's the first thing that comes to mind when I think of 'Cuse football tradition.

and here's a youtube video about Jim Brown

Archived