College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

Didn't you get the memo? If you haven't won a national title within the last decade then, to the average 18-24 year old ignoramus that makes up the America's target demographic, you have no "tradition."

I don't think Duke has ever won a national championship, and has only 3 bowl wins. Syracuse is a bit more successful, and had a national championship back in the 50s? technically every school has tradition, but not a tradition of winning.

To be fair, Duke used to decline bowl invitations if they weren't to one of the original big four bowls.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may have been touched on in this thread, but Clemson's new threads are shown in this NCAA 11 trailer. They've gone with a minimalist approach, it looks like. I think this was much expected. And it looks like there's a lot of emphasis on the orange over purple.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Didn't you get the memo? If you haven't won a national title within the last decade then, to the average 18-24 year old ignoramus that makes up the America's target demographic, you have no "tradition."

I don't think Duke has ever won a national championship, and has only 3 bowl wins. Syracuse is a bit more successful, and had a national championship back in the 50s? technically every school has tradition, but not a tradition of winning.

To be fair, Duke used to decline bowl invitations if they weren't to one of the original big four bowls.

That program should be regretting it now...

Yep. Unfortunately they'll stick with Adidas... which sucks for those of us that buy a lot of UM apparel.

I've always been a huge fan of the adidas fan apparel that they've had for us. Great quality compared to Nike. The Michigan stuff that I've seen from them looks really nice.

UM has to stick with Adidas. The contract they have with Adidas is far an away the most lucrative contract any school has with any manufacturer. They'd be dumb to switch it up.

Syracuse definitely has a football tradition, they have 14 people in the College Football Hall of Fame and 7 in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. This includes players like Jim Brown (arguably the greatest running back and football player of all time), Ernie Davis, Larry Csonka, and Floyd Little. Not to mention recent players like Donovan McNabb, Dwight Freeney, and Marvin Harrison that are all likely future HOFs.

The school also has more wins (678) than the following schools: Florida, Miami, Florida St., Clemson, Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Army, Navy, Texas A&M, Virginia, Washington, UCLA, etc.

... you forgot CURRENT hall of famer art monk

I honestly would not be mad about that. In fact, I loved the early '90s jerseys that had the monogram logos in place of TV numbers. I've been wondering if they'd ever bring them back.

Having said that...a/ the ND at the back of the neck is ND overkill in that guise, and b/ is that the same funky collar from those Hoosiers uniforms we saw around here some time back?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That was Illinois in the video

I think you meant to post the blog

howards_rock.jpg

The link I posted may have been wrong. But the video I saw had Clemson toward the beginning, and then Illinois at the end.

It was definitely the jerseys above in the beginning. (Illinois were the same, with the piping tapered stripe pants).

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I found this helmet randomly in a google image search today:

ROMKGIXHXUPISMJ.20090401043728.jpg

Sorry if it was posted before, but I never recall seeing it. It could have just been a prototype because you can see a yellow helmet in the background. But I saw it was a Revo Speed and figured it can't be all that old

Archived