College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, it's pretty sad if Auburn fans go crazy on such a minor change as pant stripes that, heaven forbid, actually match with the rest if the uniform finally. I know one thing is for sure, thier uniforms will look 100x better than the AXE cologne can Oregon will be wearing.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I wouldn't call A&M entirely classic. That abomination of a pants stripe ruins what was a great look.

I agree, a pant stripe would make this uniform look much better. But what do you expect from the 2 major schools from Texas? Plain and boring uniforms, especially Texas.

spacer.png

I actually really like Auburn's old pants with the blue jersey. I like how the helmet stripe style matches the jersey stripe, and the jersey stripe pattern (white-blue-orange-blue-white) matches the pants stripe. With that being said, I cannot stand the old pants stripe with the white jerseys.

Also, with the new pants, I would make the blue stripes a little thicker, to match the rest of the uniform

Did everyone see some things that some players use yesterday in the cotton bowl in their arms???.....i will upload a photo in about an hour, or less

EDIT: Sorry for the quality.

08012011101.jpg

I saw around 5 or 6 players in both teams using this

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

I think Tuberville tried to change the striping on the road jersey to match the stripe on the pants. The powers-that-be at Auburn caught wind of it and told him not to do it. There was also a rumor that he tried to get orange jerseys one year, but the board told him not to.

Did everyone see some things that some players use yesterday in the cotton bowl in their arms???.....i will upload a photo in about an hour, or less

08012011101.jpg

Using what? I'm lost.

08012011101.jpg

Using what? I'm lost.

"That" black thing in his left arm...i trying to find better pictures

dragonssignature.gif

Im from Costa Rica...so i dont have a huge english level...understand me

:rolleyes:

08012011101.jpg

Using what? I'm lost.

"That" black thing in his left arm...i trying to find better pictures

It's a shoulder harness/brace. Players with arm or shoulder injuries wear them.

columbusdestroyersrf6.png

osuzd9.png

^^ like nut said, just a shoulder brace. they normally wrap around your shoulders and connect to a brace on the arm that restricts your movement.

under armour. always so close.... yet so far away.

i like the idea of tweaking the stripes... if they wouldve matched the stripe's thickness to that of the helmet/sleeves... it wouldve been perfect.

ill reserve judgement until i see them in action, but those tiny blue pinstripes with this setup might be just as bothersome. kudos for progress tho.

Cam+Newton+Auburn+v+Kentucky+kJ2WfI8fFYjl.jpg

sidebar: those have got to be the worst body forms i have ever seen. 24in pythons and a giraffe neck is not anatomically correct.

Even though it is only a concept, the home jersey would not be legal by NCAA standards because white sleeves are not allowed on a dark jersey.

But didn't Eastern Michigan and BYU use white Jets style sleeves just a few years back? I don't see how it'd be any problem.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Well now the road jerseys will be uniform, but not the homes. Maybe they could do something like this:

auburn.jpg

The proportions are way off, but you get it; Just leave the sleeves the same as the roads.

Why bother? Most teams aren't going to be Florida where you use the same striping pattern on every single background. If this Auburn change is legit, then it makes the uniforms more, well, uniform. Somebody mentioned the old (?) pants being consistent with the striping of the blues, but it didn't match the striping of the white helmets. With this change, everything is uniform based on the background, which is how most teams do things.

It's not the sleeve's that end at the shoulders that are disallowed. It's uniforms like BYU's bibs or San Diego State's Texans knockoffs that are not allowed. Unless they updated that rule. Of course if that's the case why is there not as big a deal with colored sleeves on white jerseys?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I think it's safe to say we will have no idea what color pants Oregon will be wearing until they actually take the field. So far we've seen the white pants, and yesterday the gray pants. Now we have video of the same helmet and jersey modeled with BLACK pants. I think Nike is leaving the pants open for the Ducks to decide.

CLICK HERE FOR THE VIDEO

Archived