College Football Uniforms 2010-2011

Brave-Bird 08

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game may as well be the Auburn Tigers vs the Nike Highlighter Kids.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This game may as well be the Auburn Tigers vs the Nike Highlighter Kids.

It is.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I like the charcoal pants, they just look a lot better with the rest of the uniform than the white ones. Great last-minute switcheroo by Nike.

Wellp...looks like we'll have white, navy, and orange going up against chrome, white, and charcoal...with highlighter feet and trim.

That is actually a genius move by Nike. Recruits are going to be watching this, and Oregon looks like a modern team in the age of technology that the recruits can more easily relate to, whereas Auburn just looks stuck in the past.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like the charcoal pants, they just look a lot better with the rest of the uniform than the white ones. Great last-minute switcheroo by Nike.

Wellp...looks like we'll have white, navy, and orange going up against chrome, white, and charcoal...with highlighter feet and trim.

That is actually a genius move by Nike. Recruits are going to be watching this, and Oregon looks like a modern team in the age of technology that the recruits can more easily relate to, whereas Auburn just looks stuck in the past.

Seriously? I'm not disagreeing with you, just fascinated that such things really could matter.

May God bless you all and fill your hearts with faith, hope, and love!

Seriously. And it isn't just Oregon who uses uniforms as a recruiting advantage. Apparently, recruits love the special ProCombat rivalry uniforms that Nike comes out with every year. I remember reading quotes from recruits after Boise's win over VT (where both teams wore their rivalry uniforms), and almost all of them ended with something along the lines of "the uniforms looked awesome, too."

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Good. GOSH. I mean, yikes. When Oregon took the field, I thought I was accidentally watching TRON. In MY humble opinion, they look absolutely awful.

And as for the talk about getting recruits interested by uniforms, it's not universal that each and every young player will be attached to a Star Trek suit or anything modern, nor to a traditional uniform. Players may say uniforms are cool, but if a kid is going to Oregon or VT or Boise just because of the uniforms, it's not a very smart move. I really don't view uniforms as a recruiting advantage at all - seriously, can you see Chip Kelly opening a pitch to a recruit with "Do you like lite-brite glow in the dark socks? We got 'em." No. Kids dont care what uniform you wear. If you win, then they care. If modern uniforms were a recruiting advantage, then Penn State wouldn't have a football program anymore, let alone a decent one.

Now I know that's not the end-all-be-all factor, I'm not saying that. What I'm saying is I seriously doubt a uniform goes that far, if at all, in a recruit's decision to play for a school.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Oh, trust me. Kids care what the uniforms look like. When VaTech took the field in their PCs my news feed lit up with comments about the uniforms. In an ESPN article a year or two ago polling college football players, Oregon was voted to have the best unis, with some saying they'd transfer schools just because of that. Kids like what's cool, they like changing things up. Oregon is DEFINATELY cool.

Oh, trust me. Kids care what the uniforms look like. When VaTech took the field in their PCs my news feed lit up with comments about the uniforms. In an ESPN article a year or two ago polling college football players, Oregon was voted to have the best unis, with some saying they'd transfer schools just because of that. Kids like what's cool, they like changing things up. Oregon is DEFINATELY cool.

I get that, of course kids think they're cool. I'm not denying that. What I am denying is that it really makes that much of a difference in recruiting. Some make it sound like it's the big factor, the winner, etc. I highly doubt that. What if Oregon were a Pac-10 basement dweller in those uniforms, would kids still go because the uniforms looked "rad" or "hot" or something? It helps that Oregon is a top program and an attractive one as far as on-field success, but if they

weren't, you probably wouldn't get as strong a response. Uniforms, whether they be modern or traditional, are great message board discussion topics, but Its just my humble opinion that uniforms, in the end, really don't matter all that much in recruiting. If you were to survey each college football player and ask them why they came to the school they did, I think "uniforms" wouldn't even crack 3%.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived