Bonds Smacks Hr #660

nitroseed

Bonds is a steroid-freak crybaby bitch.

His HR records should be stricken from Baseball's annals and he should never have any lasting legacy in this game, save for disgrace.

This is one of those rare times JQK and I agree fully. This guy is a freak, is definately on drugs, all of his records are bogus, and should retire before he passes Aaron, a real legitimate all around player. Bonds is a picture of what is wrong is baseball, and should be held up by the owners and legislators as a reason steroid testing must happen to every player, every month, every season.

I hate Barry Bonds and his freak-head growing TWO HAT SIZES since he came up to the majors. Ridiculous.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are blowing this HR waay out of proportion yeah it makes him 3rd all time but with all teh attention its getting you woudl think it was number 700 which when it haoppens will be a huge story as it should be.

However considering all the setroids news now him hitting 660 feels kinds weak to me I was thinking of slogans like

"I take the juice so I can make a splash on the field"

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

His HR records should be stricken from Baseball's annals and he should never have any lasting legacy in this game, save for disgrace.

This is one of those rare times JQK and I agree fully. This guy is a freak, is definately on drugs, all of his records are bogus, and should retire before he passes Aaron, a real legitimate all around player. Bonds is a picture of what is wrong is baseball, and should be held up by the owners and legislators as a reason steroid testing must happen to every player, every month, every season.

I hate Barry Bonds and his freak-head growing TWO HAT SIZES since he came up to the majors. Ridiculous.

I can judge people too! People are becoming this rare breed of scientists that can tell things with their eyes. Nevermind that Bonds is one of the hardest working players in the league. Nevermind that it's been PROVEN that steroids don't help home run hitting! Nevermind that Barry Bonds does it in LESS at bats than everyone else! We're gonna accuse him based on his size. That guys big... nevermind the fact that there are legal supplements he can take to get bigger! It MUST be steroids! It's so stupid to judge people. No matter what the circumstances.

STEROIDS DON'T HELP THE HOMERUNS! YOU NEED GOOD MECHANICS!

they have had FAR less of an impact on his numbers than him being walked constantly have.

IUe6Hvh.png

InTheEnd has a point...take a .100 hitter, juice him up, he'll still hit very few homers, if any, cus he can't get the damn bat off his shoulder.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Whatever!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

Well, he does have a point.

I guess I just don't like him. Him and the Yankees.

040408yankees.jpg

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

BS, if you are a Boston fan and like the Celtics......defintely cannot use that signature. Might as well have a Yankee avatar as well. ^_^

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

BS, if you are a Boston fan and like the Celtics......defintely cannot use that signature. Might as well have a Yankee avatar as well. ^_^

I don't need to explain my Celtics thing again. I'm a Laker fan because of Malone and Malone only! That reason is legit enough.

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think that reason is definetely legit.

But they're not going to the Finals. :D

The only Laker player I like these days is kobe. I respect his little protest he had in one of the more important games of the season against the Kings. if people wanna b***h about Kobe shooting too much when the team is winning... then they deserve to lose to their rival by 20 points because Kobe decides not to shoot at all, really.

IUe6Hvh.png

To say Barry Bonds is the greatest home run hitter of all time is insane. Babe Ruth hit more home runs then any other team when he played. Untill someone does that they can not be considered the greatest home run hitter.

Let's not forget about Josh Gibson. He's never mentioned because frankly, nobody knows about him! Josh Gibson would have kicked Ruth's butt back then anyday.

0117.jpg

Retired Number's To Come

Hey, JKR... let's not forget...

Barry Bonds plays in the best pitchers park in the entire league. Considering the difference between playing half your games in Pac Bell (not sure if that's still the name) and entire teams getting to play in Minute Maid Field or Coors Field for half their games. Times were different. If Babe Ruth were to play now, he wouldn't even be in the league cuz' there's no way he could hit some of the pitchers in todays game.

IUe6Hvh.png

Barry Bonds plays in the best pitchers park in the entire league. Considering the difference between playing half your games in Pac Bell (not sure if that's still the name) and entire teams getting to play in Minute Maid Field or Coors Field for half their games. Times were different. If Babe Ruth were to play now, he wouldn't even be in the league cuz' there's no way he could hit some of the pitchers in todays game.

I bet the Babe could still hold his own.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Barry Bonds plays in the best pitchers park in the entire league.  Considering the difference between playing half your games in Pac Bell (not sure if that's still the name) and entire teams getting to play in Minute Maid Field or Coors Field for half their games.  Times were different.  If Babe Ruth were to play now, he wouldn't even be in the league cuz' there's no way he could hit some of the pitchers in todays game.

I bet the Babe could still hold his own.

Maybe so but no way could he out hit Barry Bonds!

Retired Number's To Come

To say Babe Ruth wouldn't be in the league is insane. Babe Ruth played in one of the greatest pitching era's ever. Baba Ruth basicly invented the home run. Bonds meanwhile plays in an era where players are hitting over 60 for a few years in a row. Bonds is playing in an home run era, partly due to the pact that pitching is thin. Babe Ruth would hit over 100 home runs in a season today.

Babe Ruth by far is the greatest player ever to play the game. Bonds isn't even close.

To say Babe Ruth wouldn't be in the league is insane. Babe Ruth played in one of the greatest pitching era's ever. Baba Ruth basicly invented the home run. Bonds meanwhile plays in an era where players are hitting over 60 for a few years in a row. Bonds is playing in an home run era, partly due to the pact that pitching is thin. Babe Ruth would hit over 100 home runs in a season today.

Babe Ruth by far is the greatest player ever to play the game. Bonds isn't even close.

Your so out of your mind that I don't know where to start.

Retired Number's To Come

You are kidding yourself to think that Ruth would hit over 100 HR's per season in todays game.

You can't compare the pitchers of back then to todays pitcher...

Since 1993, offense in baseball has exploded. University of Nebraska historians Ben Rader and Ken Winkle examined what they referred to as the "great hitting barrage of the 1990s." They hypothesized that the root causes of baseball's increased offensive production are the free-swinging hitting style, the fact that the pitcher can no longer pitch inside to the hitter, lighter bats, and stronger players (wwww.newswise.com). They should have added the fact that the strike zone is almost one-third smaller.

The statistics are mind-boggling. Major league batting averages increased by 10 points and runs per game rose from 8.6 to 9.2 from 1992 to 1993. Five players hit 40 or more home runs for the first time since 1969, which was the first season that the pitching mound was lowered from a height of 15 inches to 10 inches (www.historicbaseball.com)

From 1969 to 1993, the major leagues' composite batting average was .257. From 1994 to 1999, it was .281. Runs per 100 at bats increased from 12.4 to 14.3 and there was an accompanying rise in home runs per 100 at bats from 2.3 to 3.1, an increase of more than 33 percent (www.newswise.com).

A smaller strike zone and the fact that the pitcher no longer can pitch inside to the batter are major reasons for the increased offense. Baseball rules define the strike zone as ".that area over home plate the upper limit of which is a horizontal line at the midpoint between the top of the shoulders and the top of the uniform pants, and the lower level is a line at the hallow beneath the knee cap" (www.mlb.com).

That is an article from 'the baseball library' on the subject that todays pitchers are the best ever.

Only in the last few years have they discovered muscle and body size can increase the speed of pitches. Todays pitchers are generally in the range of 90-95 MPH. I would be willing to bet that 80-85 MPH was tops for pitchers in Babe Ruth's era. How do you think Barry Bonds would fare if he got to feast on 80 MPH fastballs on a regular basis?

Babe Ruth by far is the greatest player ever to play the game. Bonds isn't even close

Actually, Bonds is 54 Home Runs close.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived