Adobe CS5. It's almost here.

chuckymack

Yeah. Ai CS4 had two pretty revolutionary features in the multiple artboards and the improved gradient tool. I don't expect much from CS5 on the Illustrator side.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Using multiple artboards in CS4 allows you to do multiple page documents. I use it all the time now.

You know there were ways of doing that in previous versions? Just set up a big art board (say 33 x 17 for a 3 page 11x17 document) and then in you're print dialog select "Tile Multiple Pages". Save (don't print) those settings and then go to "View>view page tiling" and bam, multi-page in Illustrator. You can even save as a multi-page PDF!

Of course Indesign is much better and the way I showed doesn't really allow bleeds...but for quick multi-page PDFs with white backgrounds (Or if you don't have InDesign) its awesome!

Yeah I only use the multiple artboards for quick multi page documents or to put all of my floor plans and such on a seperate artboard to bring into InDesign so I don't have an InDesign file that links to 30-40 files. I think it helps keep the file size down a bit as well.

Basically its Presentation Boards and Portfolios are InDesign, quick things in Illustrator.

Yeah I only use the multiple artboards for quick multi page documents or to put all of my floor plans and such on a seperate artboard to bring into InDesign so I don't have an InDesign file that links to 30-40 files. I think it helps keep the file size down a bit as well.

Basically its Presentation Boards and Portfolios are InDesign, quick things in Illustrator.

Right, definatly not for "real" multi pagers in either my way or the CS4 way. Its for quick stuff. I mainly wanted people to know out there its possible. I never knew how to do that until about a year ago..

Pat

• 4 weeks later...

I've just upgraded to CS4. Pretty impossible to upgrade to CS5 for my til I upgrade my G5 to an intel mac.

Anyway my bro has had CS5 for ages (he is Co-Owner/Art Director at Imagine Publishing) and he said not to bother upgrading the whole suite, that the only really cool upgrades are to Photoshop and InDesign.

Archived