Winter Classic Logo

Has2916

Some rumours of the Winter Classic in Washington next season. (WSH v PIT? - WSH v NYR?) I attempted to make a logo. I can't draw and I usually cut and paste images, but not on this one. C&C, however the lack of ability to draw may hinder any updates. I'm really good at tracing though, haha.

WSHWinterClassic.png

Winter Classic is probably going to be at Heinz Field. At least that's what the newspaper here says. It would be a bright spot on what is going to be a very drab Steelers season

That said, I don't think the logo has the sort of "classic" aspect the last two have had. Granted, they have been played in historic ballparks.

sig2_by_sergeiofrussia.png

Not a bad design, but what about Nationals Park(or RFK? lol). DC has three outdoor venues that aren't used January thanks to the 'Skins overall badness :D .

I think it needs more of a "monument" feel for a DC game(throw in the Washington Monument or Lincoln Memorial etc.), and the stadium graphic needs to be cleaned up and/or simplified a bit.

There's nothing iconic about FedEx (hey, there's an arrow!) Field. You need to use more local imagery, like the monuments or memorials. It's cliche, but that's what you have to work with.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived