Phoenix Coyotes Concept

jdlopz

Well, here is my first concept of what I hope turns into a series. First up is the Phoenix Coyotes. I've always liked the paw print logo and I think it would make a great primary logo. So, I did just that. Also, I believe that the lighter jersey should be the home jersey. I used the sand color the Coyotes use as the base color for the home jersey, and the red they use for the road. Without further ado, my first concept.

Coyotes Home:

PhoenixHome.png

Coyotes Road:

PhoenixAway.png

Well, here is my first concept of what I hope turns into a series. First up is the Phoenix Coyotes. I've always liked the paw print logo and I think it would make a great primary logo. So, I did just that. Also, I believe that the lighter jersey should be the home jersey. I used the sand color the Coyotes use as the base color for the home jersey, and the red they use for the road. Without further ado, my first concept.

Coyotes Home:

PhoenixHome.png

Coyotes Road:

PhoenixAway.png

The thing that strikes me is the space between the numbers. It should be closer, I think. I like the idea, just a tweak here or there and it would be a really cool looking set.

flyerssignature2.png

tampasignature2.png

msusignature2.png

The thing that strikes me is the space between the numbers. It should be closer, I think. I like the idea, just a tweak here or there and it would be a really cool looking set.

PhoenixHome-1.png

PhoenixAway-1.png

How's this?

Much better.

flyerssignature2.png

tampasignature2.png

msusignature2.png

Overall pretty nice. I like the paw print and the colors. The spacing on the name still seems a bit far but maybe it's just me. Also, on the "Phoenix" in the circle on the dark "road" sweater, I have a feeling it will get lost as that part of the circle is red and the sweater is red. On the road maybe if you did the top of the circle in sand and the "Phoenix" in red? Or make the letters a bit bigger. Not that it matters, but isn't it an NHL rule that the dark sweaters are the home sweaters?

Are you planning on showing the pants, socks, and helmets? I would like to see it with the other elements.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

On one hand, I like the simplicity of this concept, but on the other I think the whole thing is lacking a level of detail that would make all the elements pop and at the same time unify the whole thing.

I'd utilize a think black stroke around the numbers and the sleeve stripes. Maybe on just one side of the sleeve stripes. It would give everything a higher level of contrast and bring it in line with the logo on the front.

Also, I'd consider changing the name font to the one used in "Phoenix Coyotes" on the front.

Great start, though!

I think you should lose the white sleeve stripes on the road and make them the same sand color. There is no other white in any part of this concept. That is what just jumps out at me in this concept.

I'll second that, unless you include white elsewhere in the design. But still, I'd be hesitant to use both the sand and white colors on the smae jersey.

flyerssignature2.png

tampasignature2.png

msusignature2.png

Archived