Supporters Groups Logos

BeerMe

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Skulls came into fashion right around 1933. :rolleyes:(Seriously, what were they thinking? When you're wearing skulls on your uniform, you're not one of the good guys.)

At least the Franklin one makes sense, and with the hair and glasses it works for me. It's sort of goofy. The Seattle version is trying way too hard to be tuff.

Can't tell if you're serious or not. I'm referring to how all the t-shirts that kids are wearing these days just have designs that prominently feature skulls, and now these supporter groups have skulls on their logos (though I'll admit I don't know how long they've been around.) I don't get how for a non-pirate themed logo a skull is appropriate. It's kind of like "Skulls mean death, which is what will happen if you cross our paths GRRRRRRRR!".

I never understood the fascination with skulls either... to me, the kids wearing skull t-shirts look like the "tough" bully kid that seemed to be in every after school special from the 80s.

This is the best I can find for Sam's Army (USA)

logo_samsARMY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

They may be great supporters, but they have a really silly-looking logo.

ecs.jpg

A winged surfboard?

As a proud ECS member I'll admit I never thought about it much. I personally like the logo but it could be more for what it represents than what it looks like. Even though wings, surfboards, skulls may not have anything to do with Sounders, I'm proud to wear it.

Section8chicago.png

Two notes:

? That's the logo for the ISA, not any affiliate Fire supporter group. Groups like Husaria, Ultras Red-Side, WB05, Armada Roja, and Sector Latino all have their own logos.

? The logo above is undergoing some significant alterations for the new year, including a long-overdue typographic overhaul.

I hope you're not significantly changing the circle with the 8 in it, because I've always thought that was brilliant.

Gateway City Supporters Club (St. Louis) actually changed their name early on to Eads Brigade:

EadsBrigademainlogo_final-2_deluxe_t-large.png.jpg?height=320&width=193

Then, of course, there's the greatest supporters logo of all freaking time, for the Dark Clouds here in Minnesota:

dark-cloud.png

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Not to steer this off topic, because I'm enjoying seeing these logos, but why do soccer fan clubs need to be so organized to the point where they have signed members and actual logos? Is it just another of those "that's just how it's done" things, or is there a reason why alliances need to be so formally recognized?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not to steer this off topic, because I'm enjoying seeing these logos, but why do soccer fan clubs need to be so organized to the point where they have signed members and actual logos? Is it just another of those "that's just how it's done" things, or is there a reason why alliances need to be so formally recognized?

I'll take a crack.

I would say this all goes back to the SG's in Europe. One of the reasons to be organized is to be able to pull off WILD displays of bleacher art or tifo:

Clubbruggetifo.jpg

You can only accomplish this by being organized and having groups of people to head up such a huge undertaking.

You also need to remember that some of these clubs are the ONLY sporting event in town and the club becomes a symbol for not only the city it plays in but also a way for fans to showoff their civic pride.

Now as far as these SG's having logos and memberships I think the statement above has alot to do with it but also there will be people who see differently on how to support their club. It is these differences that lead to the necessity to have logos to identify the group people belong to and memberships to pay for tifo displays, scarves, group travels, etc... and it acts as a form of ID for that person and their group.

Groups will work together on certain issues as far as chants, tifo, and displays. The things they will differ on can be as little as where to stand for the matches to the extreme of looking for fights with opposition SG's. I believe it is the differences which make it absolutely a necessity for groups to be organised and have logos to ID each other.

Archived