Arena Football League 2011

dcameronh

Cleveland and Arizona have same uniforms as last time. Arizona currently has no sponsors on the away shirt, Cleveland has Nova Care patch on the jerseys.

That's seriously disappointing. Arizona's uniforms have to be one of the steepest downgrades of the past couple years. This was their chance to go back to what works, and they didn't take it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, they need to adopt the identity of the Desperados.

IIRC, Jerry Jones owns the rights to the name and look of the Desperados, not happening

That doesnt give Dallas an excuse to use that hulking pile 'o crap they have now though :P I'm just baffled that they seriously couldn't think of anything different. It's not so much the name that bothers me, its the logo. My six year old brother could whip up something ten times better than that.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Even redoing it in the new colors is much better than this. I still don't get the horse connection to iron.

A motorcycle is sometimes called a "iron horse" and a "Milwaukee Iron" specifically refers to a Harley-Davidson... hence the horse and team colors.

That said, the team's identity is completely underwhelming... especially considering how (surprisingly) long it took a team in Milwaukee to adopt a Harley themed identity. IMO, Milwaukee Iron could really only work as a soccer team. Outlaws, Riders, Choppers and even Thunder are all stronger names that lend themselves to the exact same theme.

Here's some I found. Some are new but some are not.

Tampa Bay Storm:

Tampastorm.png

This has got to be one of the most dull logos I've ever seen. An opportunity wasted. Is that Helvetica Bold? No, I bet it's Arial, which came on the PC they made this logo on in Microsoft Word.

Well when they adopted that look about 15 years ago (I may be wrong on exact age) it wasn't wodely used and I think it's a clean logo. Perfect? No, but IMO better than some of the other looks we've seen from indoor/arena teams and some other pro teams as well.

Here's some I found. Some are new but some are not.

Tampa Bay Storm:

Tampastorm.png

This has got to be one of the most dull logos I've ever seen. An opportunity wasted. Is that Helvetica Bold? No, I bet it's Arial, which came on the PC they made this logo on in Microsoft Word.

Isn't that what all new logos/unis are about now a days? Plain and bland is what everyone likes for some reason.

2ly2w09.jpg

Dallas.jpg

What tha f*&k is THAT?! I mean...at the very least, they could have turned the guns around so Achmed the Dead Cowboy didn't look like he was shooting himself in the jaws.

And I ain't even gon' acknowledge that Milwaukee...whatever that is.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Dallas.jpg

What tha f*&k is THAT?! I mean...at the very least, they could have turned the guns around so Achmed the Dead Cowboy didn't look like he was shooting himself in the jaws.

And I ain't even gon' acknowledge that Milwaukee...whatever that is.

Reminds me of a Guns N Roses album cover

Isn't that what all new logos/unis are about now a days? Plain and bland is what everyone likes for some reason.

Dallas.jpg

This is why.

Reminds me of a Guns N Roses album cover

That's because it's been widely reported on the boards that the guy who "designed" this also designed several concert posters, and I believe is responsible for the GNR crossed pistols logo.

I personally think they should've gone with Robt. Cooper for a logo, which would guarantee a modicum of class and elaga--

IronCross_448Coopre.jpg

nevermind.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I've been working on finding all the AFL team's new logos and even fixing them to match ColorWerx's RGB color list but i was wondering if anyone had the official logo sheets for any or every one of these teams? This might be a little easier then finding vector for all of them and fixing them.

Also does anyone have a good pick of the Spokane Shock's new helmet logo? I can't seem to find it anywhere except on the background image of their website.

I'm going to post some logos I've been working on so maybe they could be posted on the logo site. I've tried to match the colors to ColorWerx charts here.

I'll start with the League logos:

Arena Football 1 - Primary: (Original name of new league)AF1-primary.png

Arena Football League - Primary:AFL-primary.png

Arena Football League - Secondary:AFL-secondary.png

Here are the American Conference logos I have so far. Having trouble finding vectors for the other teams. I'm just doing primary logos right now but will put up some alternates that I have found later on.

Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings:

BSBattleWings-primary.png

Tulsa Talons:

TulsaTalons-primary.png

Jacksonville Sharks:

JacksonvilleSharks-primary.png

Tampa Bay Storm:

TBStorm-primary.png

Here are the National Conference logos I have so far. Having trouble finding vectors for the other teams. I'm just doing primary logos right now but will put up some alternates that I have found later on.

Milwaukee Iron:

MilwaukeeIron-primary.png

Spokane Shock:

SpokaneShock-primary.png

Cleveland Gladiators:

ClevelandGladiators-primary.png

Utah Blaze:

UtahBlaze-primary1.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

First of all, I just want to say thanks to Chris for updating the site with the new logos and teams. They look great. Now it looks like there is a couple new logos for the 2011 season.

The first one is a new primary for the New Orleans Voodoo:

NewOrleansVooDoo.png

The next one, it looks like the Dallas Vigilantes did a re-brand by changing there logo slightly and changing the colors and uniforms. You can see more on there website here.

DallasVigilantes.png

Anyone got better versions of these for the site? Anyone seen anything else for the 2011 season? The AFL has a new site which I think is an upgrade from the first one. Now if they could just upgrade their shop...

First of all, I just want to say thanks to Chris for updating the site with the new logos and teams. They look great. Now it looks like there is a couple new logos for the 2011 season.

The first one is a new primary for the New Orleans Voodoo:

NewOrleansVooDoo.png

The next one, it looks like the Dallas Vigilantes did a re-brand by changing there logo slightly and changing the colors and uniforms. You can see more on there website here.

DallasVigilantes.png

Anyone got better versions of these for the site? Anyone seen anything else for the 2011 season? The AFL has a new site which I think is an upgrade from the first one. Now if they could just upgrade their shop...

I started a thread a while back with RGB-optimized versions of the af2 logos...and just recently posted full-size versions of the Voodoo's marks:

Primary logo:

NewOrleansVoodoo_PML1_2007-2008.png

Secondary logo:

NewOrleansVoodoo_SEL1_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 1:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK1_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 2:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK2_2007-2008.png

Wordmark 3:

NewOrleansVoodoo_WMK3_2007-2008.png

I don't have many of the newer AFL graphics - although I had a large collection of the previous leagues' stuff.

I've always loved that crossed-snakes-and-football Secondary logo for the VooDoo. Another great part of an excellent set.

Also...oh, how I miss thee, Milwaukee Mustangs...

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived