Metro Conference

sc49erfan15

Marquette and DePaul weren't in the Metro. I'm not sure about their conference before they joined the Great Midwest - were they both independent?

Marquette, and I think DePaul too (along with Notre Dame) were members of the Midwest Collegiate Conference (now known as the Horizon League) before joining the Great Midwest.

See also: Saint Louis and Xavier (now of the A-10). I remember watching MCC games back in the day. I don't remember ND being in it, but I definitely remember Xavier and DePaul.

Notre Dame was indeed a MCC member from 1982-86 and from 1987-95 (presumably, they didn't play in the conference for the 1986-87 season). DePaul was never a member though, which suprises me since pretty much every other major Catholic school in the Midwest was a member at one point or another.

470b033948df0cb63c7d2ebf74c3a913.png

EDIT: Didn't bother to look at page 2 before posting and didn't see Mockba's post... oh well :D

Yeah, that's weird, because I swear I remember seeing SLU play DePaul on a regular basis. Maybe that's just after the GMC was created.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Nothing that hasn't already been posted in this thread comes up.

From the OP:

"Anyway, I've never seen a logo for the Metro Conference (whose official name was the Metropolitan Intercollegiate Athletic Conference) and Google searches give me nothing.Surely they had to have something...does anyone know anything about a Metro Conference logo?"

The Metro was a decent basketball conference for schools who were independent in football. If I remember correctly, VCU in Richmond was a member of the Metro towards its end. I attended a game where VCU beat Louisville.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Archived