Arena Football League

Jagsfan911

There is no such thing as a riptide. Perhaps look toward a name more to do with the beach or animals found in/on it or similar environments. Sharks, Alligators (gators), storm, sea horses, im not really all familiar with American waters so there'd be others.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

There is no such thing as a riptide. Perhaps look toward a name more to do with the beach or animals found in/on it or similar environments. Sharks, Alligators (gators), storm, sea horses, im not really all familiar with American waters so there'd be others.

Yes, there is such a thing as riptide (AKA rip current)

Love the update. Looks sick. Are you doing uniforms too? Or just logos?

Everything, I'm just trying to get the logo right before I do the uniforms B)

Nice. Well, I personally think you got the logo right here, same with the wordmark.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Rip current is such a thing.

A tide and current are not the same thing. As a surf lifesaver it kinda is annoying how American sports teams called 'riptide' think such a thing exists.

A tide refers to water levels changing over a period of 6-12 hours.

A ripcurrent refers to currents moving over seconds and minutes or even hours.

A tide and current are not the same thing. As a surf lifesaver it kinda is annoying how American sports teams called 'riptide' think such a thing exists.

riptide (-tid') n. a current opposing the other currents, producing violently disturbed water, esp. the strong, narrow flow of sea water that rushes seaward after incoming waves pile up on the shore. Also rip tide.

That's Webster himself. Take it up with him.

riptide (-tid') n. a current opposing the other currents, producing violently disturbed water, esp. the strong, narrow flow of sea water that rushes seaward after incoming waves pile up on the shore. Also rip tide.

I refer you to Surf Life Saving Australia:

Is there such a thing as a rip tide?

No - Rip currents are sometimes referred to as ?rip tides?, which is misleading as tides refer to water level changes over a period of 6-12 hours, where as rip currents are currents moving over seconds, minutes and hours.

<A href="http://www.ripcurrents.com.au/FAQs-Glossary/FAQs.aspx">http://www.ripcurrents.com.au/FAQs-Glossary/FAQs.aspx

I work in the industry and teach children about currents everyday.

I refer you to Surf Life Saving Australia:

Is there such a thing as a rip tide?

No - Rip currents are sometimes referred to as ?rip tides?, which is misleading as tides refer to water level changes over a period of 6-12 hours, where as rip currents are currents moving over seconds, minutes and hours.

<A href="http://www.ripcurrents.com.au/FAQs-Glossary/FAQs.aspx">http://www.ripcurrents.com.au/FAQs-Glossary/FAQs.aspx

I work in the industry and teach children about currents everyday.

Like I said, your argument is with Webster's New World Dictionary. Australia might not call it a riptide, but the rest of the English-speaking world does.

Very nicely done - you score 9.4 out of 10 for your design - Great Upgrade!

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Archived